“Fabulous North Wildwood Gem for Any Beach Lover”
Review of American Inn Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
American Inn Motel
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Recently stayed here for 5 days and was extremely pleased. Took a chance as I never stayed here before and have other regular N. Wildwood hotels that I frequent. As they were all booked, decided to take a chance here. Was not disappointed. Fabulous staff. Every time I was outside or looked out, someone was cleaning - whether it be the hotel property or the maid staff. The location is PERFECT. Simple walk to beach makes it easy for stopping in your room throughout the beach day. The staff is very friendly and willing to find a solution to your request. Great location for Friday night boardwalk fireworks, without leaving the front porch. Rooms are not extravagant but my expectations were in check prior. It is the Jersey shore and this place does a great job. Their prices are reasonable for the perfect location they offer. And the staff's demeanor makes up for the rooms that are a touch on the smaller side. I did read another reviewer comment on the WIFI and I had a similar issue. The information posted in the room does not say a password and it became a challenge to figure out after hours when the staff had left. For the most part, I didn't let it get to me...isn't the point of a beach vacation to uncharge for a bit?!? I had to switch rooms one night and was a bit nervous this wouldn't go well. They surprised again. Completely smooth process. I'll be back. One last thing, they are great for accommodating you if you arrive prior to check in time. Nice little bathroom / changing area to get situated so you can head to beach or pool and not lose the day. Thanks for a great stay!

Room Tip: second floor is probably better and an elevator can help you with your luggage be specific when ask...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Hello Karen T.

We are very happy that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our guests stay. Sorry you had a problem with the wi-fi after office hours and there should have been a information card with the access password in plain view in your room. This has been addressed and hopefully this will not be an issue for you and other guest of the American Inn in the future. Thank you again for your very nice comments and we look forward to you staying with us in 2015.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have been staying at The American Inn for about 15 years and have known this motel since the prior owners. I've been going to the Wildwoods every year since birth and have stayed at approx. 40 hotels and motels in the Wildwoods in my lifetime and must say this hotel is at the top of the list. This place is and has always been clean, roomy and situated in THE ideal location. No roads to cross to the beach and a 1 block walk to the boardwalk. There is also an expansive 3rd floor deck overlooking the beach and ocean. Enjoying a drink on a moonlit night on the deck is a experience not to miss. Year after year there is noticeable improvements and a constant upkeep. Each year that I visit I see new things from fresh paint to new appliances and furnishings The accommodations, location and value were what made me choose this hotel in the first place many years ago. The staff, cleanliness, upkeep and value keep me coming back year after year. A very friendly, clean and family-oriented motel. There has never been a need for me to look elsewhere. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: The 3rd floor rooms (307-312) that open onto the deck are fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Hi Lenny;
Thank you for the kind words and you know that we consider all of our guests our extended family. We value all our visitors and strive to do everything within our power to ensure a clean, safe enjoyable stay. We look forward to seeing you and your family in 2015. We will continue to make improvements every year. Have a safe and healthy winter .
Bill

Reviewed 8 August 2014

The American Inn was a great place to stay. The rooms were clean and the staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the pool very much. It was clean and always well maintained with plenty of chairs for everyone. The location is just perfect (right on the beach). Everything you need is within walking distance. My family and I had a wonderful vacation and we want to thank everyone at The American Inn for making this happen. See you next year!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thanks Kim for your kind words. We are like a big family here and that's what makes the American Inn special. Have a great winter and will see you in 2015.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have stayed at the American Inn for a few years and look forward to returning every year. The location is awesome, right at the beach. The entire staff is friendly and they go above and beyond to ensure a memerible stay. The entire facility is clean from walking into the front office, using the nice size elevator to the room we stay in. We have stayed in both efficiency and non-efficiency rooms and the quality of the rooms were the same. I have a large family and they all have a place to sleep as the rooms are very spacious. Even when it was just my husband and I, the room was a nice size. The service was great and the overall vacation was perfect. I think the owner has the best interest of their guest in mind to ensure a great vacation. It is important to me and my family for cleanliness and friendly employees as well as everything in operating order when deciding on what hotel I would stay at or return to. American Inn has all that and then some. They have a repeat vacationer for a long time!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Thank you for your review and we all look forward to seeing you and your family again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

I would like to start with the motel wonderful view! Clean rooms! Friendly employes ! We stayed for a week and the rooms where spotless everyday cleaned & maid service friendly!
The rooms where updated as well ... I saw the last review and I must say I'm happy I did not go buy his review clearly the other 10 reviews were excellent .... We are at the jersey shore & I must say this is a great place to stay & our family will return !!!!

• Stayed: August 2014

We look forward to seeing you again this year. It our goal to make all our guest feel welcome and secure.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Been coming here for years. The upkeep hasn’t been as good after it was sold approximately ten years ago.

Pros:
Super friendly staff.
Family friendly hotel.
Great beach view.
Pool is well maintained.
Pool chairs comfortable compared to chairs at comparable places.

Cons:
They promise Wifi. The wifi worked for one day. After that, we couldn't connect. Bill at the front desk said he reported it to their cable company, but still didn't work 4 days later.
Found 2 day old Rite Aid receipt in bed sheets. Were they washed?
Wad of hair fell out bath towel.
Hairs scattered throughout bathroom.
Bath towels are old & falling apart.
Coffee maker sits on top of dusty refrigerator. Dust the fridge!
If the maid wants a tip, the envelope shouldn't be beat up, covered in stains.
Rooms need to be renovated.
They have old picture tube TVs sitting in a piece of furniture intended for clothes.
They put flat screens in the efficiency bedrooms, but they are the cheapest 13 inch TVs you can buy. It’s on the top of the wall so you can’t see it from the beds.
Toilets are the original toilets. The toilet seats are marred from years of use.
Bedspreads only 3 yrs old, but are ugly.
You can feel the springs in the mattress.
Carpet is only 3 yrs old, but is ugly.
There are holes in the walls of every room I’ve stayed in over the past few years.
The electrical wiring is old and there are extension cords everywhere.

Get the impression they buy things from hotel overstock store.
This hotel is like many of the NJ shore hotels, but it doesn’t make it right.
The owner needs to reinvest in the business.

Room Tip: If you get a room on the first floor, keep the air conditioning on to drown out the noise. Kids + m...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank FrequentNJTraveler

Hello; First off we would like to thank you for the positives that you noted in your review and would like to address the negatives.
We provide free Wi-Fi for our guests but we have no control over our outside provider who was experiencing problems in our area during your stay and we are taking steps to prevent this from happening in the future. In reference to the cleanliness of your room and linens we wish you had brought your concerns to the front office so we could have addressed them promptly. We pride ourselves on our reputation for cleanliness and service. As to your opinion that the rugs and the bedspreads are ugly, is just that, your personal opinion and we do not agree but respect your right to say so. We strive to make major improvements every year and sincerely hope you will continue to patronize the American Inn.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

My name is Dina. I stayed at the American Inn with the family the week of August 5th. I normally stay closer to the Crest; however, I was unable to get a room at my "former" favorite place to stay in Wildwood. The American Inn was a clean & friendly enviornment with the perfect location to the beach and the boardwalk. I really wish I would have found this place sooner. Can't wait to go back next year!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dina0318
motel513, Front Office Manager at American Inn Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Hi Dina: We are so glad that you have your "New Place". We look forward to seeing you in the coming months.