“Great service!! Great people” 5 of 5 bubbles

White Caps Motel
White Caps Motel
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Yardley, Pennsylvania
“Great service!! Great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

Hello! We stayed at the white caps for a quick pre-summer get away. People are sooo nice!!! Room was clean,location was awesome and the room was comfy. I wasn't feeling so hot(long night at goodnight Irene's) so we asked to have a our check out time adjusted and they were more then willing!! Can't wait to come back for the summer!!

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Evang123

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed here for one night! I had issues trying to find a motel that would even let me stay one night and White caps, Maureen helped me out! It was very good, the pool was nice and parking was good.
You can fit about 10 vehicles in the lot but I guess when there is more cars you need street parking.
The beds were comfortable for a few days, Room was clean-exactly what a motel room is supposed to be!
Thanks.

Room Tip: If you want kitchen facilities you need to get a efficiency not a room with 2 double beds, there is...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Carolyn F
islandgirl59, Owner at White Caps Motel, responded to this review, 2 August 2013
Yes, it is true that the Ultimate team were a group of polite individuals. Upon check-in we had a lengthy conversation about where they were from, how long it took them to get here and also spoke about previous venues of other tournaments. I did reiterate to them that this is a family style motel and wouldn't tolerate late night noises. That policy pertains to ALL guests.
I must say that I never saw them again until Sunday morning at check-out. As a courtesy, I allowed them to leave their cars parked on the lot as they had three more games that day. I also allowed them to them to shower after they came off the beach, before their long ride home. I also told them they did not have to pay for the 6 guest bath towels they left on the beach.
I sincerely apologize to the this Ultimate frisbee team. I wish I knew what more I could have done for them.
Clarion, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

The facility was very nice, the pool was warm, and they cleaned the rooms each day. If you are a family or couple, this review might not apply to your situation. However, be aware how certain guests are treated.

My problem with this motel was the service. We traveled as eight college students from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Wildwood to participate in the annual Wildwood Beach Ultimate Tournament. When making reservations, Maureen told us that she normally doesn't cater to college kids in this tournament, but since we were in a pinch for a place to stay, she would take the chance. We paid the deposit immediately, and paid the full amount when checking in Thursday night.

When we arrived for the first day, we were immediately told, "You know this isn't a party place, right?" Taken aback, we responded that "Of course we knew that, we will be traveling around the town for that, not here." She reminded us that she was going out on a limb for us. I guess she thought we should feel lucky and grateful that she allowed us to stay there, never mind the 100 other hotels in the area where we could have stayed.

The whole weekend, we felt ostracized and unwanted. I have never felt more unwelcome while staying somewhere. It seemed that the staff was looking for reasons to condemn us. NOT ONCE during the weekend did we receive a smile from the owner. John was very friendly and outgoing, but Maureen didn't bat an eye at us.

We were more than respectful that weekend. We followed every guideline, kept the noise down, and even played in the pool with some of the other little kids staying there! In fact, we probably made the least amount of noise of all the guests, considering we were woken up by kids stomping on the floor and jumping on the beds in the room above us.

We will not be bringing our group back to White Caps next year. It's a shame that such a nice facility is only welcoming to a certain group of paying customers.

My advice: Lose the stigma on students and Ultimate players. Chances are, we will be the nicest people that stay there. Our money works the same as any others'.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow, the ones provided are harder than bricks.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank ClarionUltimate

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Philadelphia PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

This is the third time we stay at this motel. Starting with Maureen and John, the staff is the best. Even though they were short staffed, they did an amazing job in keeping the place extremely clear and comfortable. My son and I have issues with mold and we got absolutely no symptoms of it. Pool is very clean and deep from 3' to 8' which the kids enjoyed. The room was roomy and very clean especially the beds. Beach is just 1 and a half blocks away. Love this place and we recommend it to families and couples. Way to go team!!!----see you again soon!! Adel & Rudy Alvarez.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and it had no musty smell or mold. The deck to the side on the second...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank daisymom1950
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012 via mobile

Last minute I needed a place to stay. The people there were so nice! They went above and beyond to make sure we had a nice stay and they didn't even try to rip me off since I was in a desperate situation. The room was clean and smelled good. I will be staying here from now on. Its a great location as well! I loved it! Def a great place to go!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Naf128
Collingswood, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Recently had five day stay at White Caps. Wanted to go there to bring back childhood memories of the 80s. Unfortunately, that was a mistake. The place hadn't changed much from the 1980s. The apartment we rented was clean enough, furniture was ok, air worked great. However, the Sandy Shores Motel directly across from the apartment side from where we stayed ruined our stay. The dumpsters smelled so bad until trash day. You couldn't even sit outside. Their pool is open all night. It is crazy. I think if you want to stay at White Caps you need to stay by the pool side. I will definately not be staying at the White Caps anymore. I liked having the two bedrooms, but it's really hard sharing one TV. I've been to many other places in Wildwood and this place was my least favorite.

Room Tip: Do not stay on Atlantic Avenue side.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jerseyshelby
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Well located near the piers on the boardwalk and the beach, the White caps is a good place for families and small groups. Though the rooms and property are in need of some repairs and/or updating, the staff are eager to please, and this makes this old style Wildwood Motel a good value for vacationers of all sorts. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank OldMillPa
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Surf Song Beach Resort
Surf Song Beach Resort
#21 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
#30 of 76 in Wildwood
Carideon Motel
Carideon Motel
#20 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to White Caps Motel? Share your experiences!