“Lots of potencial, but the smell of black mold is overwhelming.”
Review of White Caps Motel

White Caps Motel
White Caps Motel
Ranked #36 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Vineland, New Jersey
“Lots of potencial, but the smell of black mold is overwhelming.”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I wasn't expecting much, we booked only one night. I had read the reviews and looked at the pictures in another website. I knew the rooms were outdated, but I wasn't ready for what we got. The smell is gaging. It's so overwhelming we couldn't sleep. A soon as you open the front door the stench hits you really hard. When we got home our clothes still smell like the room. There was black mold on the ceiling tiles and allover the bathroom. The bedding were disgusting, and uncomfortable. They had a pullout couch with a disgusting big white and wet stain on it. The pullout bed was just a box spring, nobody would be able to sleep on it. The staff was polite and they really try to help. I read in other reviews that they are new owners. The place has good potential. The location is great and the parking was all rite, a little tight, but you don't have to worry about moving your car. But it needs major work.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. We booked a 1 bedroom apartment. When we checked in the manager told us that for one night we will stay in a 2 bedroom and then the second night we will stay in a 1 bedroom. When I asked her why we had to switch rooms she said because your room is not ready. Which means she overbooked the room. So we had to unpack the car (all the luggage and food) and then repack and unpack it the next day when we switched to the original room we booked. The rooms are somewhat clean but it needs to be updated. The rooms smell bad. The beds are awful. If you have back problems do not stay here. The pool is green and ice cold. Just pay extra money and stay some place else. Worst hotel I have ever stayed at.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Samanthagirl88

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Stephens City, Virginia
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Staff was friendly, rooms clean, very close to boardwalk. Pillows where a bit hard. Pool was nice, I wish it was open past 6 pm But in the end I got what I wanted. A place to sleep and enjoyed my trip. I was able to walk to the boardwalk in a few minutes. I felt safe. Once I got there I never had to move my car.

1 Thank Wendy S
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014

New owners this year. We had an apartment with 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, kitchen, living room. The place was clearly an abused place. I’ve stayed here over for about 25 years. I have memories with this place, but I have to say that if I never stayed here before and did not know the back story, I would not come back. The beds were noisy, had plastic between the mattress & box. The rooms needed some work to look better; the kitchen was missing some pots & pans, silverware, etc. The pots & pans were old and bad when cooking. The bathroom was small, but functional. The living room had some nice pulls in the carpet and had that dark paneling on 2 walls along with an older TV. Each room had flat screen TVs and a dresser. One bedroom & the main living room had its own a/c, the other did not. The property manager allowed us to use 2 parking spots. The pool was clean and the staff cleaning the room & the grounds was excellent. They were all polite, greeted you, asked if it was a good time to clean the room, asked about towels, and picked up little pieces of trash blowing in the wind if it landed on the Motel’s property. With the back story and looking forward to an improved White Caps Motel next year, my rating is 2 out of 5 stars. I hope to write a higher review next year after seeing the improvements. WiFi is only for a few rooms and needs a lot of help!

Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Beds covered in plastic. Curtains broken. Sink hard to turn on and then spray you.
Parking is TERRIBLE!!! The smell in the bottom row of apts....could gag you!! The pool is green. Only clean rooms daily (rugs, bathroom etc), if you request it. The motel is under new management and they are very nice, but things are not as family oriented and managed like they should be.

1 Thank Dee H
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 July 2014

First off the good. Very close to the boardwalk. 2 blocks. price was good. Cold central air. Now for the other. Beds covered in plastic and pillows in plastic. You will sweat your butt off. Bring your own pillows. Comforter on bed had stains on it and was very thin. I did not use their bedding forced to by a comforter set to use on top of their made bed. The bed had no support my back and neck were sore for 3 nights. The utensils they supplied still had food on them in the drawer. They supplied a coffee maker no filters supplied. Half the curtains were just hanging in spots. My son had a blood stain on his bed sheet and a burn hole on his comforter. The grill was old and disgusting. It was filthy and had a broken handle on it. The pool was dirty with dirt on the bottom of the pool. The hot water will burn you if your not careful. There was mold on the floor at the shower and the caulking around the sink had brown and black mold. Look unless you bring your bedding coffee maker and your own utensils you will be not happy. Also bring your own grille utensils none are supplied. Outside my room workers start sawing wood aroung 8 am. No problem as I was up around 5am with back aches.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else