“Star diner”

Dining options: After-hours
nj
“Star diner”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We love to go to the Star for breakfast in the late morning. It is family friendly and the food is good diner fare.

Visited June 2014

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Disappointing Meals”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

7/14/14; 4 adults and 1 child; I had the early bird Broiled Grouper, which was loaded in butter with instant mashed potatoes, Manhattan clam chowder, and ice cream. The soup tasted good, had some kick to it, but very little clam; so I believe that it was not fresh. Plus it tasted salty. The main dish was drowning in butter, which was not appealing. I chose that dish Broiled, not fried to make it somewhat healthier. Diced tomatoes and spinach (?) was on top of the fish with some lettuce on the side of the plate as garnish? Overall the dish looked unappealing and that look delivered with the taste. I tasted the butter more than the fish. Side of mashed potatoes was instant! Needless to say that I was disappointed. My father had coconut butterfly shrimp, which was mainly the breading. He seemed hungry when we left. Mother had some lasagna which was over portioned and not hot. Wife had soup again and said it was really salty. Place was empty at 5pm on a Monday nite. Floor was sticky when walking to table. 2 out of 5 stars. Server was very nice, food was not appealing. Approx $80 for a disappointing meal. 7/16/14; 4 adults and 1 child; We ate here for dinner 2 nights ago and I wasn’t too impressed. I had some special with 2 eggs, pancakes, sausage, and bacon. No toast & no home fries. Coffee was included. Wife had scrambled eggs, Mom had 2 eggs with meat, and Dad had the same. 2 out of 5 stars. The floor was still sticky, just like the other night…really? Do people clean? I don’t want to imagine what the kitchen looks like if the floors weren't cleaned. The place was somewhat empty too. Weather was raining somewhat heavy too. 2 stars since the food wasn't the issue this time, it was the floor and the waitress seemed a little annoyed when we asked to reduce the a/c as it felt like a freezer. The comment was that this spot with where the sun heats up these 2 seats; Mother made a joke that they don’t have to worry about that, and the smirk I saw just made me shake my head.

Mohegan Lake, New York
“Staff not friendly, food could be better”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This was our first time in Wildwood. The Star Diner was the first place we ate at on our trip. It was Monday morning, so we stopped for breakfast. The staff was not friendly at all. The home fries were hard. The French toast was average and so were the eggs, pancakes and bacon. Didn't even get a "have a nice day" after getting up from the table to pay. I would rather spend my money where I feel welcomed. Didn't go back that week and will never go back.

webster, United States
“Clean”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Expensive for breakfast. Our waitress needed to have more coffee or take a happy pill. Did the job. won't' go back

London, England
“A Lovely Old Fashioned Diner, Perfect for Brunch”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I happened across this Diner by pure chance and was able to swing in without too much disruption to the following traffic, and was I glad that I did. Great atmosphere, great menu and great service, just what I needed at a reasonable price and if you sit in the right place there are water views. Very Good

• Visited June 2014