“We'll be back!”

Ranked #20 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“We'll be back!”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed at the Carideon Motel last August with my boyfriend. We found this place on line and after read some reviews we decided try it. The first impression was good, the front desk people very friendly, profesionals and after we saw the rooms, I chose a room on the side because we wanted privacy, everything was perfect, only one bad experience, but not too bad, ...one night we went to the restaurant and I forgot the room key so I had to call the office; was very late, they came in two minutes and with a big smile opened the door for us. I felt so sad after the situacion, but they told me: don't worry here we're to help you!
Defenitely we planned to come back to the Carideon and I hope next year, two day were not enough.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Mary Ann N

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

The room we were in was kinda small but I would choose the bigger room next time. The owner is very nice, they will help you right away if you needed something. We have stayed here a few times already and will be back next year. Everything is clean, the pool is excellent. Overall a great hotel to stay at and only 2 blocks away from the boardwalk.

• Stayed August 2013
7 Thank DJWorldXclusive
Philadelphia
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Our family has stayed many times at this motel. The owners are warm, polite and always willing to make your stay comfortable. The Carideon is an Ideal setting for families and groups due to numerous amenities such as barbeque grills, heated swimming pool, family games such as billiards, bean bag and washers toss, table tennis and a large sun deck with seating overlooking the pool area. The variety of rooms available fit anyone's needs and budgets. Another plus is the hotel is only a few blocks from the famous boardwalk. I highly recommend this motel if you are staying in the Wildwoods!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank sportsrus41
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I've come to accept that hotels/motels in Wildwood are never going to be "great" and that most are less that averaged. If you find a place that is clean; has a friendly and accomodating staff; has a fair price and is in a decent location then you've done ok.
The Corideon is all of these, but I was expecting more based on the reviews I read prior to staying there. It is clean for the most part, minus a musty smell here and there; the owner and his wife are very nice and try very hard to make sure you are happy; they are about a 7 min walk to the board walk (about 15 min walk from the Moreys Pier that has the Great Nor Easter roller coaster) and the price was fair.
It is a very old and outdated facility (rooms look like something from the 1960's) but the owners just built a nice deck on the upper level which gives it a little more modern look.
The shower towels are the size of hand towels, so be prepared to ask for extra towels every day.
Overall it's a decent place. I would not "highly" recommend it, but I would recommend it. Like I said, it's just ok.

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank sboy414
Carteret, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Everyone working there are very nice. Very friendly atmosphere,Pool is great. Plenty of chairs to sun on. Also 2nd floor deck is really nice. My room had new rugs. The Bed & the pull out couch were very comfortable. I slept like a baby. Walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: rooms on the side are quieter, if there is a party going on at the hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank kat07008
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 27 May 2013

I've gone to the Carideon for about 4 years in a row now, it is very nice, good people and very nice pool. There's also a hot tub which I was in yesterday and it was wonderful! Everyone there is very helpful and will do anything to help make your stay a better one. There's also a game room and they just got a pool table. There is a ping pong table that's poolside and a patio deck full of tables and chairs.

Room Tip: The rooms are all pretty good. 111 only has one bed so if its only a couple or just some friends tha...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Al_Trax
Reviewed 14 May 2013

In the past I have been going to the carideon with my family. I went with my girlfriend in 2007 and it was ok, old and not super clean with the refrigerator that wasn't working so after this we rented a house in Cape May for almost the same price and it was A+.

Having lost my job before 2012 reservations, we decided to go for a shorter stay at the carideon to save some money. The room was isolated which was perfect as we wanted something quiet far from the pool. Again the refrigerator was not working. The microwave would take 10 minutes to get something warm. The bathroom was tiny and the ceiling wouldn't allow me to take a shower (I'm 6'1"). The ceiling tiles had mould on them and our kitchen chairs were the same as the chairs outside... Only they were broken down. The free wifi advertised wouldn't reach anywhere near our room. We had to go sit next to the reception desk to get some weak signal.

This experience was disappointing to a point where we are no longer going to even consider making reservations to this motel.

• Stayed August 2012
Roman Holiday Motel
Roman Holiday Motel
#7 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
The Sand Box Motel
The Sand Box Motel
#3 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Carideon Motel? Share your experiences!