“Beware / enjoy the loud music until 3 AM”

Champagne Island Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in North Wildwood
Champagne Island Resort
Long Valley, New Jersey
“Beware / enjoy the loud music until 3 AM”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This place is not for everyone. I know there are people who love it here and rent rooms for the full season. This place has so much potential, they should probably read some of these reviews and make some changes. They put us in a room directly over Flip Flopz Bar & Grill, where they play very loud music with lots of bass until 3 AM. If you like to sleep from midnight to 9 AM, you will have trouble. They should have offered some kind of warning at the time of reservation, that would have been only fair. I would guess the upper rooms do not have as much of a problem with the loud music as we did, but they were full and there were no options. The parking was an issue also. Some of the parking spots are doubled up. When they are full and you have to use a pull-through spot, you will need to get someone to move before accessing your car. They suggested we not move our car if we get a good spot, so we had to take a taxi to the boardwalk one night. They have a small pool on the 2nd floor and you can drink beverages purchased only from the poolside Tiki bar, no outside beverages. The lower and upper bars are connected by a stairwell and there were people there untill 3 AM, quite the hot spot. We would have loved to visit there again, but we cannot go without sleep. I am sure they will get by without our business. I get the feeling they make most of thier money from the bar. I only wish there was another place in that part of town that was quieter.

Room Tip: Get a room as high as possible on the north side and make them promise you that room.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank MeAndMyHoney

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 31 August 2012

In the past I have stayed and overlooked the rude women at the front desk. My husband and I are both professional adults and are not the rowdy type. However, they treated us as if we were a bunch of college students on a spring break vacay, checking up on us and who we had coming up to our room. They also questioned us everytime we left or returned back to our suite. The last straw was, I booked a reservation and cancelled with more than a months notice. They refused to refund my desposit of over $500 and stated that they were the owner and there was nothing I could do about it.

3 Thank vacayoften

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Glenolden, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 29 August 2012

Upon arrival, we found out the elevator was broken. We had to carry our luggage up 56 steps to the 3rd floor, which included 5 guests and many many trips up and down those stairs. Never got offered any help from the staff. The rooms are beautiful, but very noisy (I think it was the air conditioning system, very loud humming noise). We were there for 3 whole days before the elevator was fixed, very disappointed. We also didn't like the fact that the pool was opened to the public for a fee. We couldn't bring my 7 year old grandson to the pool after 1:00 pm because it was a mess, drinking, horesplaying, no control at all. When we left on Friday morning, thank god the elevator was working. I asked for the manager, but she wasn't there yet. I emailed her on several occasions to ask for some money back or something in return, but still haven't heard back from her. It's been over two weeks. I will never go back to this place again, they do not care about there guests at all!

3 Thank Sandy C
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Non working elevator, non draining bathtub when showering, severly stained carpet, linens/towels more suitable for the Bates Motel, wet towel laying outside balcony door upon arrival, trash accumulating in common areas, crumbs in kitchen drawer, water draining from upstairs apartment sounded like Niagara Falls. All for $300 per night.When I confronted management they were defensive...go figure.

Room Tip: Avoid "Sham-Pain" Island.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tony G
Baldwin, New York
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Just walk in the door and had to warn others! There is a night club on the premises and they do tell you this upon check-in. But they fail to tell you that a live band will be playing until 3AM!!! The sing and the vibration will definitely keep you up. Also was told the pool is open to the public! Rooms are a bit pricey do not expect to share pool with others who paid for a less expensive stay! Then I was informed that the elevator was broken Our room was on the second floor and my daughter wears a boot due to a fracture, when i asked could we change it to first floor I was informed that the rooms were not cleaned Really!? at 5pm?? On a postive note the hotel is modern, only 4 years old, and clean.

Room Tip: All rooms share a common verranda
1 Thank ma s
#19 of 41 in North Wildwood
Harbor Light Family Resort
Harbor Light Family Resort
#10 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Champagne Island Resort? Share your experiences!