“Another year at the Florentine!!!”

Florentine Family Motel
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Another year at the Florentine!!!”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I have nothing bad to say about the Florentine Motel. We have stayed there many years consistently. The owners and staff go out of their way to help guests and remember families year after year. We would never want to stay any where else. The motel is clean and well maintained. The workers are friendly and I never worry about anything we leave in the room. We left our computer, Ipad and phones in the room and never thought twice about problems. Even the guests remember other guests from year to year. It truly is our family vacation spot. Wildwood can keep changing, knocking down more and more pieces of history... This is our comfort spot. This year our son said, he is going to bring his family here when he gets bigger to keep the memories.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Thanks for the review.
Also thanks for mentioning how safe it's at the Florentine and the friendliness of the other guests also. We are a family motel and strive to have nice families here. A lot refer others here, that are similar to themselves. It's also great that your son recognizes a nice motel where he meets new and friends from previous years, especially around the pool.
Again Thanks - - George

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reviewed 13 July 2013

The staff members were very friendly and accomadating. I don't like to spend a lot of money on hotels when I vacation since I am only in the room to sleep and this hotel was a good price. I was very impressed with the cleanlieness of the room and the ammenities such as the grill, pool and laundry room. This was my first stay here and would reccomend this to friends and family. I will also stay again if I have the opportunity to visit wildwood again next year. Very satisifed customer!

• Stayed July 2013
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Tamio7
Want to thank you for the review. I appreciate you mentioning how clean the BBQs are kept. Our maintenance people clean them EVERY DAY. Will also pass on to the staff they are again being recognized for their friendliness.
Again thank you ---- George
philadelphia,PA
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

We went to Wildwood for Beach Blast weekend and stayed at the Florentine. We loved it! We had a combo room which was perfect for my family of 5. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. Our room was very clean as well. George and Carol take great care of their property and treat their guests like family. We will definitly be coming back to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank sharon s
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 3 July 2013
We thank you for the great and honest review. After we purchased it, one of the reasons I slightly changed the name from Florentine motor inn to Florentine Family Motel was to bring in that family atmosphere. I want to Thank you for recognizing that. George.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The staff was the friendliest and very helpful. I was staying with 5 teenage girls who took 3 showers a day and they had an endless supply of towels for us (with a smile). Extra pillows were also no problem.

Room Tip: I was in the #1 style
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Lisa G
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 4 June 2013
I appreciate the great comments as I guess the teens with you appreciated the hot showers and clean linens that we do on premises. I also believe we have the friendliest staff.
aldan
Reviewed 28 February 2013

My husband and I have stayed at the Florentine and will not stay anywhere else. We may not always be able to stay for a week, but George and Carol are always welcoming even if you stay only 3 days! Everyone who works at the Florentine are kind, helpful and pleasant. This will be I believe our 6th year ( we are going for a few days in July) and have always been happy to be there. Over the years, there have been updates all to make staying there pleasant and more home like. We always like the 1 large room efficiency. We bring our on food and such since we can use the stove, microwave and refrigerator. I do not have to "PACK OUT" the car with dishes and utensils etc, for its all there when you stay in the efficiency. We LOVE THE FLORENTINE... Try them, you will love it :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kathy r
Kathy, thanks for the great review. Since you have been with us more than 5 years, you are on our honor roll with over 400 of others that continuously come each year to enjoy the Florentine amenities and the beach & boardwalk block.
Little Ferry, New Jersey
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Stayed here in May 2012 and September 2012. I personally believe that it is the best spot to stay when you travel with family. My wife, and daughter love this place, as do I. It is 1 block from the boardwalk and beach. My daughter was 4 when we stayed there and safety is my policy when it comes to her. I don't need to worry about crossing busy intersections when heading to the boardwalk. The best part about the Florentine is those who stay there, since most are families, there aren't any obnoxious youngsters being rowdy in the middle of the night. Its simply quiet and just an ease to stay. The rooms are comfortable, the pool area is clean. The sun deck is clean. I believe that the Florentine is one of the best places to stay. I highly enjoy staying there and will be coming back every year. It has become a tradition now with my wife and daughter. Not to mention the Staff is great, the owner's are great. You feel at home when you stay at the Florentine.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Kristopher C
Thanks for mentioning that there are no streets to cross when going to the beach or boardwalk and pointing out that it’s also a safety issue. I also agree with you when you want to stay at a motel you want to pick one that rents to couples over 21 and families. Also thanks for mentioning how clean we are. I always have on staff maintenance people that consistently keep our place clean and well maintained.
WILDWOOD
Reviewed 21 January 2013

So close to the beach and boardwalk...so worth staying here, we have been going for years. Staff is fabulous, the front desk is so helpful for info on tickets and restaurants...we love Jurassic mini golf and then head to Cool Scoops for the best ice cream. The sun is always on the pool and the water is the perfect temperature...can't wait to go again this year!

Room Tip: We like to get the adjoining rooms, two bathrooms make life so much easier!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank LORI R
Lori, Thanks for the great review. Also, thanks for mentioning the discounted ticket prices we have for the Piers, water parks & tram car. Lori at the best ice cream parlor also appreciates the comment.
Many people, especially couples and families with teens like the combo with the 2 bathrooms