“Clean and convenient but very dated.”

Florentine Family Motel
Ranked #13 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Clean and convenient but very dated.”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

I stayed here with my family in August 2013. The hotel is close to the boardwalk, the beach and the piers but It reminds me of a motel I stayed at in college for spring break in the 80's. The staff is always around, cleaning and available to help. We paid nearly $700 for 3 nights. We stayed in a style 1 room and it was plenty big for the 5 of us.

• Stayed August 2013
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Dooby319,
I want to thank you for mentioning the staff as always being around cleaning and helping the guests. Many forget the New Jersey 14% sales and room tax (which we have no control over) , that would have been almost $90 of the $700. As far as the furniture, each year we replace furniture in various rooms. With 50 rooms it seems like a never ending process. Motel furniture shouldn’t be compared with the fancy home furniture, because it needs to be simple and well constructed to handle the in and out of guests. George.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Montvale, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 20 August 2013

The Florentine Family Motel has a great location, nice pool, nice staff and is relatively clean. I would stay again except that the beds are SO uncomfortable! My husband and I thought we were sleeping on box springs and two out of three nights I had to take a sleeping pill to help me get comfortable and fall asleep. One night I was up most of the night and was tempted to sleep in my car which I am sure would have been more comfortable. Hopefully George & Carol will read this review and consider upgrading their beds because I believe it would earn them a 5 star rating....at least in my opinion.

Laura,
At the Florentine we are constantly changing beds. Some kids think they are trampolines and the parents don’t stop them. In the past year we changed 5 of our style #3 rooms and put in nice new king beds. In 4 of the combo rooms we took out one of the doubles and put in a queen. All our style #1 rooms now have a queen and a double because we took out a double and put in a new queen. We are constantly upgrading our beds every year. Also some people compare their $3,000 beds at home which motels cannot match. - George
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Our family vacation @ the Florentine family Motel was awesome! Our children enjoyed the friendly and pleasant staff at the motel. The motel was clean, spacious, and we felt like we were at home. We will continue to bring our family back! Next year will be our 5 th year and we look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: If you want a relaxed and clean environment to relax in, Florentine is the place for you! Clean roo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 17 August 2013
Thank you for the review.
We are especially happy the children were happy. When the children enjoy themselves at the Florentine, everyone enjoys themselves more. In our name it states Family Motel, and that's what we shoot for. Many people, as they come in, say "we are home" because they feel this is their 2nd home. Congratulations, you will be on the wall next year with all those that have been with us continually for 5 years or more.
Again, thanks for the review - - - George.
Shady Side,Md
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I just returned back home from a overnight stay at the Florentine. Wow what a clean room we had and the check in was easy. On a last minute deal we took the two grandsons to Wildwood for a overnight trip. I am so glad we found the Florentine, by far it was the cleanest room I ever stay in over the past years. We can not say enough how friendly everyone was. Plan on returning next year if they have the week we need.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
To; ShadeySideJoe,
Thanks for saying "It's the cleanest room I ever stay in over the past years". This is a great comment from someone that has stayed at many places and has made 17 reviews of various places. Again, Than you. George
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 14 August 2013

My family and I have been coming here each summer for 24 years. The rooms are spotless and the pool and patio area is beautiful. This is a great family hotel. It is very close to the beach and boardwalk. As far as the owners and staff I can't say enough good things about them. They are all very friendly and helpful and we look forward to seeing them each year! I would highly recommended staying at the Florentine for the best vacation ever at the Jersey shore!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Florentine1901, Manager at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Carol,
Thanks for saying how friendly & helpful our staff is, also for including Carol & me in that. To give an example, we had 7 checkouts this morning, 5 commented on how great our place is, especially the staff who is always cleaning. 2 of them made reservations for next year and the others said they will be back.
Again, thank you, from G&C.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

It was an amazing experience overall a wonderful hotel! The place was very very clean and the staff was very friendly! It was located very close to beach and boardwalk. I will be going here again next year! It's by far the best hotel I've ever stayed at in wild wood

• Stayed August 2013
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
x0cristix0,
Thanks for the review. Liked you opinion that we are a VERY clean motel with friendly staff. A lot of people has compared us to Disney as far as cleanliness. As you also agree, a lot of families like how close we are to the boardwalk & beach. Also, we like to think we are the best motel in the Wildwoods, at least that's what we strive for.
Again, thank you George.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I had been going to Seaside Hights, NJ for years, but decided to change it up this year. So glad I did! The Florentine is a true gem in North Wildwood - I've never stayed at a cleaner motel - anywhere! Day and night, there was always an employee sweeping up, emptying the trash cans, etc. The room we stayed in was completely worth what we paid (the combo room). Also spotless, by the way. :) Short walk to the beach and boardwalk, so it's a prime location.

The man who checked us in was friendly and had a good sense of humor; we had no issues with check in or check out. No issues with ANYTHING. This is a very family-oriented motel, and you can tell the owners really care about their motel and their customers. I will definitely return to The Florentine next year -- and the year after, etc.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Florentine1901, Owner at Florentine Family Motel, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Patricia,
We treat our motel as an extension of our house, so as you say we really care about our motel and customers, which makes our motel a rewarding experience.
As you say, it's only a short walk to be boardwalk and beach, NO streets to cross which makes it a great location. Many come for a week and never move their car.
Many people enjoy the combo with the 2 bathrooms.
Thanks for the review - - George, (the one that checked you in)