“Ghastly tourist trap sums it up”

Pompeo's Restaurant
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Missed the breakfast special by 10 minutes so had to pay the much higher menu prices. While the prices are what you would expect to pay at a diner, the quality of the food was dismal. Ham was a slice of what looked like fatty cold cut meat, home fries were soggy and anemic and eggs over easy were overlooked. Coffee wasn't bad and was the highlight of the meal. Skip this place and start your day with edible food elsewhere. As someone else noted, this place screams tourist trap.

1  Thank foodie50Ny

Reviewed 25 August 2013

Breakfast special is really cheap and the food was good. If you order from the menu its a little expensive!

Reviewed 18 August 2013

I always visit Pompeo's when I am staying in North Wildwood. I have eaten breakfast there probably 20 times. The morning special is well priced and delicious. My wife always orders something different and has always been pleased with her breakfast choice. The service has always been excellent. I have never been there for lunch or dinner so I can not comment on anything other than breakfast.
Pompeo's prices are comparable to what other breakfast places charge.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

They advertise themselves as the best breakfast on the boardwalk - and I can't dispute that! We biked from the other end (they are last restaurant on the north end of the boardwalk) and enjoyed their breakfast special, 7:30 - 9am, 2 eggs, 2 pancakes & 2 bacon for $2.99. The food was delivered very quickly, hot and just the way we ordered it - and great syrup (I think cinnamon has been added ). But the best was our waitress, Gabriela - genuinely cheerful w/a great smile. This is also a normal restaurant, unlike many of the other places you can eat on the boardwalk - a cheerful hostess greets you and a friendly cashier checks you out. And if you're lucky you can grab a table up front to watch everyone go by. We're glad we found them.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

We went there for their early morning bike riders special. It was great. We ordered 4 specials (one for each of us) and our drinks. We immediately got our drinks and then within 5 mins got our meals. For 2.99 we got a plateful of yummy food. It happened to be the best breakfast we got on our whole entire trip. I could tell this establishment is under great management. Didn't have ANY problems/issues AT ALL