“OVERPRICED AND OVERRATED”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Cranford, New Jersey
“OVERPRICED AND OVERRATED”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

For the money it could be much better. Drinks were overpriced as well. Not a good fit for the area. We may have caught them on a bad night as it is a nice place.

• Visited March 2014

Connecticut
“Could be better with minimal effort”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I am writing a harsher review since my expectations were high for this restaurant. I appreciate having a nice alternative dining experience to the numerous casual restaurants in this area. The décor of the restaurant is beautiful - crisp white linens, numerous servers, etc. Our server was a little too casual for the place. First of all, he made a long speech re: the restaurant's focus - fresh local ingredients, constantly changing menus to match the availability of produce, etc. I didn't need to hear about it - that's what all good restaurants should do & often reflect on their menu. He admitted he didn't know the specials but said he would "get the hang of it" by the end of the night. The bread with olive oil & roasted garlic was delicious, but the waiters kept trying to remove it before we had our entrée (I like to eat bread with my meal sometimes - most servers leave the bread until the meal is complete). I had a nice heirloom tomato salad with blue cheese, fried pancetta & arugula. It may have been better with a sweet dressing - too salty! I had seared scallops with a corn salsa for my entrée.. The scallops were seared beautifully but were too salty (must be the theme of the night!) & the salsa was ice cold! When I've had salsa (more like a chutney) with fish, it has always been room temperature so this was a big turnoff for me. I gave the restaurant 4 stars because my husband liked his meal - raw oysters, salmon with a pesto couscous. Overall, this restaurant could be a special destination but falls short with some of the food items & service.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Shell4444
Berwyn, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic food in South Jersey!”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This restaurant is a gem. Admittedly, the location is a bit unusual for an "Establishment" of such high caliber but please do not that allow you to go elsewhere. Our family has a house in Stone Harbor and we find the two mile trip well worth it every time. This restaurant is as good or better than Cafe Loren in Avalon, Jay's on Third in Stone Harbor, 410 Bank Street in Cape May or Marie Nicole's in Wildwood Crest. The food is seriously that good. Even better, they offer a full bar with great cocktails and a nice assortment of wine choices. The prices are also quite reasonable which is a bonus. You will not be disappointed!!! Enjoy...

4 Thank Penta23
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love this place!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Wonderful food, drinks and service. Meatballs and beet salad to die for!! Can't wait to go back! Second time there-our new favorite place.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Jennifer H
Ocean View, New Jersey
“Eclectic beach area restaurant”
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Tho you must enter through a "trippy" front door to get either to the outside room or the inside bar and white tablecloths, pursue! Drinks offer the norm--plus the unique ( I sampled the cucumber crush martini), and the apps are fun--pork meatballs, shrimp over gazpacho, roasted carrots on a bed of greens. Happily shared by accommodating staff, with Hawaiian Jimmy Buffet performing!

• Visited July 2014