“Surf Haven is a great place to stay!!!”
Review of Surf Haven Motel

Surf Haven Motel
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I stayed here multiple times last summer and had the best time and just recently I went back. They have brand new pillows , sheets and blankets. Most important is the owners Donna and Carl are the best people you can meet. They are very accomadating and what is very important is they are people people, they get to know you, call you on a first name basis and they and thewre staff are extremely friendly and hospital. When you stay here you feel like you are part of the family!!!! they have a nice pool and also have grills to cook out on. I also have spent a couple times in different places before i found this place and in other motels u r treated right at check in like you are annoying them. Not here!! They allways have a smile and love to talk to you and get to know you. That in my book is a BIG PLUS!!! They are located right off the boardwalk and they have effecincys in the rooms, also a plus. U can grill anytime you want even if u felt like gfrilling at midnight. Other places say no and lock it up. If you havent stayed here give it a try, it is not a big motel but it is very very nice and close to everything and an Extremely GREAT staff!!!!!!!! I even told people about Surf Haven at this other place i had to stay, due to last minute decision to go down to wildwood, and they were interested and also did not like where we were. Also at Surf Haven you DO NOT have to PAY for ice like these other places!!! Donna and Carl do a fantastic job!!!!! My mom even wants to come down and she has not been to wildwood since back in the 90's. After everything I have told her she wants to come stay there with me. My sis and niece Love it there too. It is deff a Family motel and u eve4n get to meet people. for some strange reason, people who stay there are friendly too. I am going back Labor day weekend and cant wait.

Room Tip: The rooms are very clean and you dont hear any noises from the neighbors and they all face the pool
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
6  Thank padrew
There are newer reviews for Surf Haven Motel

Reviewed 25 July 2011

For anyone reading bad reviews of the Surf Haven, forget it, this is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We love it so much we go back each year, the owners Donna and Carl are the best, if you need it they get it right away, we have always been well taken care of. Our bed was very comfortable, nice size pillows and blankets and if more are needed they provide them right away, even the pull out sofa that the kids slept on, very clean and comfortable. The pool area is very clean and fun, music always playing and a great atmosphere. We met many wonderful new friends at the Surf Haven. The boardwalk and beach are a block away, no need to drive or look for parking when heading out to the boardwalk or beach. The location is excellent, we can even see the fireworks at night just outside of the hotel area. Maid service is excellent and service too. We would not stay anywhere else, the price is great, so if you are looking for a good family fun vacation spot, this is the one..

6  Thank tworeds2103
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The Surf Haven Motel is a great place to spend a vacation in Wildwood, whether for one night or a week. The location is perfect, only two blocks from the North beach (which is one of the best beaches in the city) and the start of the boardwalk. There is a small food and beach store only half a block from the motel which is perfect for last minute things. The place is clean, laid back, and has a friendly atmosphere. The rooms look brand new and well kept. The pool is a good size and you can leave your bathing suits and beach stuff right outside your door without worry. The owners are respectul, pleasant, and completely accommodating. When you call they actually ask you which room you are most comfortable with and answer all your questions. The people who stay there are friendly as well. My boyfriend and I barbaqued with other guests we had just met. It's a great place to stay with your significate other, family, or friends. I don't think I will stay anywhere else from now on. I have been going to Wildwood every summer since I was young and stayed at many of the motels and condos there. For the price, this motel is PERFECT! It feels great to be able to stay at a motel that resembles the "old" Wildwood and is affordable.

4  Thank tinydevil71
Reviewed 23 July 2011

If you notice everyone that raves about the place mentions the owners. Down right terrible,,,one channel on tv; not enough parking, read the "bad" reviews they say it all.... Traditionally I have trusted trip advisor reviews but do yourself a favor and don't stay here

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank anner911
Reviewed 22 July 2011

regarless how nice the owners are, this place is a dump.
Where do I start:?? the springs in the matress are coming through the beds-i had bruises from them-There are no screens in the windows, so there are flys in your room-we were two families with infants-requested first floor rooms-we were called and asked to move to the second level due to handicap visitors coming at the same time- NO ONE thre was handicap-it was the owners FAMILY!
The rooms are so small for families-we were assured pack n plays would fit intot he rooms-HAHAHA what a joke!
The shower is so nasty and the shower head is so calcified there is barely water pressure-The sink just runs / drips all night.
Our air conditioner was so old that it had one setting and it was freezing. In the middle of the night i would have to pull my 7 month old into the bed with me just so she didn't freeze.
The place claims to have internet-well it is so cheap and shotty it does not work, and I was not the only guest having an issue-as a matter of fact when i brought it to the owners attention, he asked ME if i wanted to come in and lok at the problem.
The pool is supposed to open at ten...there were days it would not open til almost 11....
I would not ever pay a nickle to stay at this place..not even if i was a 20 something looking for a cheap place.

Room Tip: don't ever stay here-if so, bring yoru own pillows and blankets
3  Thank kimmce525
Reviewed 15 July 2011

This was our third year staying at Surf Haven and once again we had a great vacation! Donna and Carl were the best hosts, the motel is perfectly located for beach and boardwalk fun, and the teens with us enjoyed the freedom of being able to walk everywhere. In additon to the close proximity to the beach, Surf Haven also boasts one of the largest and nicest pools. Great owners, great staff, great guests. Best deal in Wildwood in my opinion. Can't wait to return next summer!

2  Thank DeniseMills
Reviewed 12 July 2011

This was my first time at Surf Haven. I stayed with family from July 5th to the 10th. I have stayed previously in Sea Isle City, Ocean City, NJ and beaches in Delaware and Maryland. Donna and Carl are so friendly and accomodating that I am switching to Wildwood. There is more to do on the boardwalk which is only 1 1/2 blocks away. The beach was wonderful!!! Surf Haven motel is very clean, and their dedicated staff show pride in their work. They are so frindly, also. The gas grills at the patio were an added bonus. We used the pool before and after the beach.....and had a blast!! The music plays all day...and I am even considering satellite radio in my own home now.. Loved the all-day music!!! I can't wait to go back!! I hope to get down again this summer, but do have reservations for the week of the 4th of July next year!!! I think I have found my new "beach family"!!!!! Thanks Donna and Carl for an enjoyable vacation!!!

3  Thank beachgirl6460