“Family oriented , very clean”
Review of Surf Haven Motel

Surf Haven Motel
Ranked #8 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philadelphia
“Family oriented , very clean”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We have stayed at the surf haven multiple times this summer and summer of pasts, and everytime it has been an enjoyable stay! It is a very family oriented hotel. The owners are very nice people and take great pride in what they do along with all the staff. The rooms are clean and well taken care of along with the pool area. It is a great location to beach and boardwalk never have to move your car! What more could u as for!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Tina1026

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I go to Wildwood (usually North WW) multiple times every summer, and have stayed at many different motels. I do NOT expect luxury from any WW motel, and I feel as though I'm very understanding and fair in my assessments of them. We had to stay at the Surf Haven because we decided to go late, it was a Saturday night, and our usual places were booked. Arriving there after a long, traffic-filled drive, we drove up and realized there were no more parking spots. Never in the 10+ motels we've stayed at was there not enough spaces for all motel guests, but there is not even CLOSE to enough spots here. They accommodate extras by parking them on the street and blocking in those parked in the lot, so you need to have them move the cars blocking you if you want to get out.

We parked around the corner and my husband went to check in and ask them where we're supposed to park. The friendly lady at the desk tells him that people who "aren't supposed to be parked there" will be moving and to drive around and go in their empty spot. We drive back to around and the empty "spot" has a telephone pole smack dab in the middle of it. A guy walking by had to guide my husband in while we awkwardly angled the car, passing within inches of the pole, to finally get in. Needless to say, we knew we would be walking during our stay there.

After finally getting parked we go up to our room (which was unlocked), throw down our bags, and go back out to hit the beach. Our key however, is not locking our door. Well we're not leaving our stuff in an unlocked room so my husband goes BACK to the office and they send up a kid with the key who proceeds to struggle with it for a minute, finally get it locked, and then show us how "easy" it is. Whatever. The rest of the time we were there it took us 5 minutes just to lock and unlock this door. The girl staying next door had the same problem, so I guess it wasn't just our room. The next morning when trying to lock it to go to breakfast, my husband wound up getting WD40 all over his hands because sometime while we were sleeping they must have just sprayed it in/on the lock, as if that will solve the problem *sigh*. We also had to leave the window wide open when we got back to the room because it reeked of weed.

The reason I gave this place 2 stars is because it WAS clean, which should count for something. The AC also worked well and the shower had good pressure. Our room had 2 double beds, a tiny table w/chairs, and the smallest kitchenette I've ever seen. We didn't use any of that though, so I didn't care.

Surf Haven is surrounded by nicer (and in some cases, cheaper), updated motels. Right down the street is the Condor, my go-to WW spot. The Condor used to be a mess in years past, but they got smart and renovated the whole place. Surf Haven badly needs to renovate like so many others have and try to keep up, or at LEAST get enough parking spots for the guests staying at your motel.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank JennieM724
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

Well once again I got say Donna and Carl did a bang up job. Gloria's family vacation was a complete success. Wish I was still there. The staff was accommodating, pool was awesome, and judging by the pics Gloria's family vacation was a complete success. Just take a look at some of these awesome pics.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Tonythetiger188888
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My family and I ,have had the pleasure of having the best summer vacations together at Wildwoods NJ and being able to enjoy our staying at Surf Haven Motel!! The staff there is excellent !! They are so friendly and nice they really make you feel comfy and at home away from home. All are very helpful and willing to address any questions you may have ,let it be directions or a good place to eat.Most of all the owners Donna and Carl are Absolutely Amazing !! definitely making sure that your stay is the last thing you have to worry about while down at the jersey shore. Thanks Donna and Carl to another memorable family vacay at Surf Haven motel !! :-)

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just spent another great week at the Surf Haven. We have been coming down for the July 4th week for a few years now and wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. The owners, Donna and Carl, couldn't be more welcoming or hospitable. They do anything to ensure you enjoy our stay. The rooms are comfortable and very clean. The cleaning staff also does a great job. They are always checking to see if you need anything. We are already looking forward to going back down to stay for the Irish Festival and our July 4th trip next year

• Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Franf39
NJ
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going here twice a year for 6 yrs. I love the location and the owners. I always feel welcome and comfortable. Carl even jumped my car a yr ago. My daughter has grown up coming here and loves it just as much. We walk everywhere we need to get to. the pool is always perfect and never crowded! I cant wait to go back in August.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank sham0116
Darby, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We have been staying here for over 20 plus years....this year we stayed for 7days ..we had a great time...Donna & Carl are Wonderful people they treat everyone like family..Room clean...beds comfy..staff is great!....Big Shout Out to Heidi (our Maid)..Excellent Job!..This is the place to stay..you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family