“Great weekend getaway”

Alante Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My wife and I decided to get a long weekend in with my brother and his wife. My brother had already booked his room at another property and we were unable to get a room at the same hotel. I checked some reviews on trip advisor and decided to try the Alante. Very happy that we did. Location was perfect literally across the street from the beach. Resort is only 2 floors but we had beautiful ocean views from our room on the second floor. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Pool is large and well cared for by the staff. Each morning by 7:30 or so you would see someone out adding chemicals and vacuuming the pool. Wifi access was included at no charge and worked well. We had a laptop and were able to access websites as well as even stream Netflix. The owner told us when we called to book to stop by when we got down and see if our room was available. We arrived at 10:00 am and while our room was still being cleaned we were able to check in and park our car. We then grabbed our beach chairs and hit the beach leaving our car parked at the Alante 4 hours prior to our check in time. There are plenty of chairs by the pool and a separate sun deck with chairs and ocean views on the second floor. If you feel like cooking to save expense of going out to dinner there are 3 gas grills and tables in chairs in a little courtyard area available foe guests use. I sum up my review by saying I have been staying in the Wildwoods for over 20 years and know many different places to stay, I will definitely stay at the Alante again and would recommend to my family and friends also.

Room Tip: Efficiency rooms have gas cooktop, microwave and nice size refrigerator.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
TheAlanteMotel, General Manager at Alante Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Hi!
Thank you for your great review of The Alanté. We pride ourselves in the cleanliness and family atmosphere we provide. Thank you again and welcome to The Alanté family. We look forward to your next stay as much as you do!
The Alanté

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We have been staying at the Alante now for 10 years and we cannot wait to start our second decade next summer. We have a great view right out into the ocean and our room has always been first class. The pool is well kept and neat. The staff has always been helpful and responsive. The owner goes out of her way to make sure that the Alante is a safe, clean family friendly place to stay. If "someone" (Jay B) is unable to enjoy their stay then "someone" might have to look in the mirror to see who is really at fault. We recommend the Alante to anyone and everyone!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Newburgh, New York
Reviewed 30 July 2012

I have to say that the Alant'e Motel is just fantastic. I recently stayed with my wife and children and had a memorable vacation. The rooms are clean, the pool area is great, and the ownership is fantastic. You feel like family staying at this fantastic beach front family owned Motel. When we left on Sunday, we were sad to go, and already made our reservations for next summer.
I have read only positive reviews of this Motel, and the few negatives are anything but the truth. Like I said the rooms are very clean, and the Motel is great for families. It is nice to see a family run operation like this, when people take so much pride in there business, and making sure there guests feel right at home.
Thanks for making our Summer Vacation fantastic. See you next year...

Room Tip: Call in advance, as this Motel is a favorite and books up fast....
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Robert O
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I recently stayed at the Alante, and it was a dump. My room had tiny brown bugs (however after googling bed bugs we discovered these bugs were some form of beetles not bed bugs), our cable did not work, our matress must have been manufactured in 1977 because it was as stiff as a board and to top it off the owner of the hotel hawked my every move - I am 27 - not 17, I understand younger people may cause problems, but I've been an adult for going on 9 years..I think I am past the point of trashing hotels...It was me and my younger brother (25), at one point the owner came up and looked into our room - now I know what you are thinking, there are two sides to every story, we probaly made noise or somthing to cause it - NO - we were listening to the Phillies on our radio (since we had no cable) waiting for a cab to pick us up - hardly what I would call getting rowdy. Also there wasn't enough parking spots, on one night I had to park my car in the street, set my alarm for 8 am to go out and put 4 hours worth of quarters in a meter until a space opened up - On a vacation you want to relax not worry about bugs crawling in your ear,finding a parking space at your hotel and a hotel owner profiling your every move. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jay B
pastalover3241, Owner at Alante Oceanfront Motel, responded to this review, 31 August 2013
Hello Jay,
Thank you for acknowledging that we do not have bed bugs. As there are two sides to every story, we are still disappointed yours was not a positive one. As we recall, you were listening to the Phillies game, but it was a little loud. We have families staying here and we asked you to please turn it down. Also, we have one parking spot per room. That is our policy and we have enough spaces for each room. We are sorry you had to find a spot on the street, but that is a rarity. We do hope you will try us again.
Melanie
Reviewed 18 June 2012

A friend gave me the name of a different place 2 stay in Wildwood. After reading their reviews, I wasn't sold. One reviewer mentioned they should've stayed @ the Alante. I looked up the Alante; browsed their website & called for info. Marguerite (the owner) was very helpful. I read their reviews & called back 2 book a vacation for me & my children. I'm glad I did. I've already shared pics with friends & my boss. We will come back & stay here again either later this summer or next summer.

• Stayed June 2012
philadelphia
Reviewed 17 June 2012

I found this motel online while looking for a motel for fathers day weekend. We decided at the last minute to go down the shore and all the motels I called were booked. I kept searching and came across the Alante. I am soooo glad I did. This place is great. Very clean, quiet, and convenient to the beach, boardwalk is a few blocks away. Also to say the staff and owners are fantastic is an understatement. Margarite and Melanie treat you like they have known you for years. Carole one of the staff went out of her way to help us with getting some ice when we needed it. All and all I will be staying at this motel again whenever we go to wildwood. Try it you will love it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bonnie214
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Have been staying at the Alante for the past 13 years with my 2 children & hubby can't saying anything but it is my favorite place in the whole world, clean family oriented across the street from the beach!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family