“Had an Amazing Time!”

Alante Oceanfront Motel
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 12 September 2013

I had the pleasure of visiting the Alante for the first time this year, and my family and I had the best vacation. It is close enough to the boardwalk for family fun, but far enough from the hustle that you can enjoy the quiet of North Wildwood. What an great location right across from the beach as well! Our room was spacious and the beds were comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly, which was the icing on the cake for a great vacation! See you again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank runs with wolve... h
pastalover3241, Owner at Alante Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Hi,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. Thank you for staying with us and we are glad your experience was great! It is the norm after all;) See you next year!!!

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

I told the manager I had Three children and three adults. I have proof in the email I sent. I was told she had a two bedroom. When I arrive the room was very small. I was not checked in by the manager,but, her boyfriend,Iguess.I was rudely disturbed by a woman banging on my door demanding entry. I did not open the door until she identified herself. She was angry, and said I was not who I said I was and had too many people in my room. (even though I had the e mail with the number of guest.) After she leaves,the boyfriend comes over and tells me to go to the office,NOW!! I go to the office, She says she over booked. She apologized for the mistake. I did ask for a discount , she said no. I was charged for the two bedroom. I was not offered an upgrade. Our visit was ruined because we were treated so rudely. I did email her when I got. back to Texas. She apologized again. offered a gift certificate for another visit. But I do not think I will ever return. She scared us. The second night the police were there for some reason. Hmmmm?????++

• Stayed: August 2013
5  Thank Terrilaketexoma
pastalover3241, Owner at Alante Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Hello,
This is a duplicate review from your daughter's below. You have to admit that we tried to remedy the situation. You fought us every step of the way and now you've told a fib about the police. Please understand that we tried in every way to accommodate you. You had more than 6 people stay, bottom line. We pride ourselves in our cleanliness and customer service. Had you brought to our attention that you were unhappy with the room after you first checked in it would have been remedied immediately. We do hope you return to the Alante.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

I have been going to alante for the past 8 years or so maybe more and each year its a better stay for me and my family. A real family oriented place to stay. 5 steps to the beach, ocean view, couple blocks to the boardwalk which is very convenient. My family and I have made friendships over the years with others who have stayed that will last a lifetime. The management was unbelieveably thoughtful, pleasant, anything u needed they provided. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anybody! I will be back continously every summer for years to come :)
-theresa d

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Theresa707

Hello Theresa,
Thank you for continuing to stay with us year after year! We are grateful for your positive review and look forward to seeing you next year!!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Great location. Right on the shore. 8 blocks from the boardwalk. Rooms were average. Clean. Pool is nice. Everything would have just fine if....

Some crazy lady didn't show up banging on our door at 11pm at night demanding to be let in our room. (This crazy lady turned out to be the owner) My Mother opens the door with the chain lock (we were not expecting visitors in a town where we know no one) an the first thing she says is, "Let me in!" My mother asked who she was and said, "I'm the owner let me in!" We were still hesitant to open the door to a raving stranger but, did so anyways. She then went on to accuse my Mother of lying about how many people were in the room, stealing another guests reservation, and paying a lower price for the room. She was very, very rude and her fiancé was not much nicer.

When all was said and done it turned out that they had double booked the room. Whatever it was, it was THEIR FAULT. Yes, she apologized and then tried to blame her fiancé but, I feel like more than an apology was due. Not to mention that we had children in the room when she showed up acting that way!!!

Will we ever be back again? NO, never.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Kate C
pastalover3241, Owner at Alante Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Kate C,
Thank you for the overall positive review of our motel. It was unfortunate that we had an issue with your stay. We feel that we had approached the situation honestly and in fact, calmly. When you checked in you made the reservation for 2 adults and 2 children. In fact, you had three adults and four children. As you are aware by our confirmation emails, there is an additional charge for guests other than those reserved at the time of booking. In fact, the confusion of the room was that we wanted to upgrade your room to a bigger 2 bedroom condo unit with a private balcony, because of the additional guests. We do hope that your reconsider staying with us in the future as we would love to accommodate you and your family at The Oceanfront Alante.

Reviewed 26 August 2013

My wife and I have stayed at the Alante for 5 years now, and love it. Firstly, you've got a view of the ocean (well, most rooms), and the beach is just across the street. Short walk to the boards too. The rooms are clean, especially for a resort town where I know it's hard to find reliable help. I saw someone mentioned the rooms werent big enough. I guess it depends on what room size you get and how many people you bring. We stayed in a few different rooms and never felt cramped. another good thing is, if you need anything or are unhappy with something, the owner Melanie is seemingly always available to accommodate. We had a bulb burn out and she came in to change it herself (she insisted!). Someone else said it was too loud and out of control...weird to me, never saw anything like that before. Maybe a fluke? You can't always tell who will be renting at the same time as you, but if the place is full, I expect a lot of kids and people having fun by the pool. If you want peace and quiet, go to a Sandals in the Caribbean. Or Cape May. No one ever said Wildwood was quiet! Oh, and there's a sun deck upstairs if you want to get away from life at the pool. Overall, I have nothing to complain about and we have always enjoyed ourselves. We will be back next year for sure!

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view if available!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
pastalover3241, Owner at Alante Oceanfront Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2013

Hello Matt,
Thank you for your thoughtful and honest response to our motel. We love having you and look forward to seeing you next time!!
Melanie

Reviewed 24 August 2013

We have been going to Wildwood for 17 years, the Alante was the best place that we have stayed! The room was spotless. The Owners were friendly and helpful!! The Beach is right across the street!! It's only a short walk to the Boardwalk. The pool was clean, and there is even a play area and barbecues! This is the perfect Family Vacation spot at the Beach!! LOVED IT!!!
We will definitely be back!!
We've found our new vacation location!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family

Hi Andrea,
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a positive review. We pride ourselves in our hospitality and we are very happy you saw it shine through.
Looking forward to seeing you next year....or sooner!!!
Best Wishes,
Billy

Reviewed 17 August 2013

We have been staying at the Alante for a few years now and this place is just not the same.
It used to be a very reserved quiet place now it so noisy with people drinking beer not attending to their little children running around like crazy. Very noisy loud and out of control. Would never return.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank CHRISTINE L

Hello Christine,
We apologize you found us a little noisy during your stay this time around. We assure you it was an anomaly. We do hope you find it in your heart to come back to The Alante and let its overall warm, cozy family charm bring your back. Please give us a call to discuss your next vaca to Wildwood.
Best Regards,

#2 of 39 in North Wildwood
Matador Oceanfront Resort
Matador Oceanfront Resort
#5 of 39 in North Wildwood

Been to Alante Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!