“WORST OWNERS EVER. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!”

Grassy Sound Marina
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My family was visiting Wildwood for vacation and rented a boat here. We had used Dad's for many years but figured we'd give this a try.
We picked up our boat and headed out. After an hour or so our boat drifted onto a sand bar and I attempted to push it out but had to call the marina for some help (we could see it from where we were so it was very close). The man that answered the phone said "you'll just have to sit and wait for the tide". When I told him we weren't looking to wait and that we should've been properly informed of the shallow water beforehand, he immediately jumped in his boat, came out to ours, and berated us for "ignorance". I told him I wanted a full refund and he became angrier and nastier in front of my children.

We finally got the boat in and I went in for our refund. He told me "you'll have to wait for my wife and she just left for the doctor -- will be an hour and a half", although he had spoken to her while we were on the boat so she was well aware we were on our way in and needed the refund. When I questioned this, his response was "tough -- you'll have to wait".

She then came back (in 5 minutes) and processed my refund while her husband stood behind her and tried to stare me down. He mentioned that he had "no tolerance for ignorance". As I walked out the door, his wife yelled something about "what goes around comes around". I hope this will accomplish exactly that.

Go to Dad's Place right down the street. Friendly people and good family environment. Do not give this nasty man (Jim) or his wife one penny.

3  Thank Deke28203

Reviewed 31 July 2014

100% a MUST!!!
I loved my visit to this family-run marina! The family & employees were so friendly. They have everything for fishermen to families! With boat rental, was GREAT VALUE & they even pointed out the best spots of the day, that other crabbers had got luck :) They also have a CLEAN fishing pier, for a small fee. GREAT DAY OUT, if you are in the area, FUN for all ages & levels! I'm looking forward to coming back on vacation!

3  Thank esmemou
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I went to rent a boat. The only boat I was offered had no reverse. The price went from 95.00 usd to 225.00 usd. There was no customer service and this man Jim started yelling when I attempted to go see the $225.00 usd boat. The kid in the shack office told me to "go down there" to see the rental. As my husband and I were walking towards the location, this man Jim (I believe the owner) started screaming "private property!" He proceeded to yell that we were not allowed to see the boat. That this area was for owners and renters. My husband and I left immediately. We found a GREAT boat rental place on 10th street. We also paid a lot less. Any man who is abusive, especially to a woman should be exposed. This was a horrible experience. I only went there to make a rental purchase and got yelled at for attempting to see the rental. There are so many nicer places, it was my misfortune to have stopped at this place. Thanks to review sites like this one, I can let people know what happened on July 7, 2014.

18  Thank AlwaysOnVacas