“My Yearly Vacation”

Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Malaga, New Jersey, United States
“My Yearly Vacation”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I have been coming down to North Wildwood for 8 years and when I come down I stay nowhere else but at the Matador Motel. They are ALWAYS accomodating and pleasant. The rooms are very clean, the beds are comfy. My home away from home, I look forward to this every year!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Boyertown
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Hello ! My name is Georganne McIntyre. I just had to share my feelings about the Matador Motel. I have been coming here for 10 years. As I prepare myself for my visits I'm filled with such excitement. I know I will be greeted with a smile as all has been taken care of and I know my heaven on earth has begun ! Ocean front room sparkles, the view breath taking, the crystal clear pool adorned with Palm Trees invites you for a dip, the ocean itself beckons you and fills you with peace. I started coming once a year for a week now its two weeks and as many long weekends as I can ! All the staff is so accomodating . I especially love how crisp and clean the rooms are . Please consider the Matador for your next vacation I

Room Tip: They are all good rooms ! ! Don't forget the beautiful sundeck on the 4th fl cozy intimate ta...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Westport, Connecticut
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We stayed about three weeks ago at this motel for the first time. We had an average sized room, with two queens and a pullout couch. Bathroom was dirty. Room smelt moldy. At night, a strong scent of cigarette smoke was coming through the air conditioner from another room. The room reeked. At the pool one afternoon, we witnessed a huge fight between a heavily tattooed woman and her father while our kid was trying to swim. Then when my father had to leave for work at four in the morning he came across a couple skinny dipping in the pool. Elevators worked slow. Staff not too friendly. The upside to staying here was its close location to the beach and boardwalk.

1 Thank Kristen D
Staten Island, New York, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2012

when walking on the floor the bottom of our feet where turning black with DIRT .when we told the owner she told us it was dye coming off the carpet IF it was a brand new carpet you can believe her But this carpet was a few years old and sticky At this point she dismissed me and asked me to leave the office

Room Tip: ocean view
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
7 Thank Bruce M
philly
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We have been going to the Matador for years. One of the most attractive features has been the price. Aside from the oceanfront location, the Matador is very basic and was priced accordingly. That has changed and we have been priced out of one of our favorite shore hotels. The pros - great location and great views. The cons - older hotel with very small bathroom, small pool area and basic accomodations. They do run good off-season specials. However, if you want to stay in season, it is not worth it.

Room Tip: Oceanfront beach suites are the best
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tertib
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We recently returned July 9 from a 4 night stay at the Matador in North Wildwood. We stayed here this year, opting for a change in locale. The hotel is located beachfront at the north end of the famous Wildwood Boardwalk with easy access to the beach. The hotel, upon our arrival, seemed clean and the frontdesk staff was friendly. The parking was not always easily accessible, as some of the parking spaces were oddly placed. Another issue with the parking is that all the parking spaces were quite tight and, even with our little car, had more than a struggle at times to park our vehicle. The room was clean and quite apply for the two of us. The air worked well, though on the noisey side, but nothing horrible. Housekeeping staff did quite well with keeping the room clean and well stocked with towels. Though we opted to take a nonview room the hotel has two observation decks, which allows for you to take in the views. Overall, it was not a bad stay and would possibly return again. Nothing wrong, we just like to change things up.

Room Tip: Rooms on north side quietier, away from pool area.
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My family loves staying at the Matador. My husband, who is not a vacation person, loves the Matador and that says a lot. As far as motels in Wildwood go, you would be hard pressed to find a better motel with such a great location. The view from our room was beautiful and we loved sitting on the deck at night. The price is higher than others, but you definitely get what you pay for at this motel. We already made our reservation for next year and can't wait. Thanks for a great time Matador!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Alante Oceanfront Motel
Alante Oceanfront Motel
#13 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#35 of 41 in North Wildwood
Aloha Oceanfront Motel
Aloha Oceanfront Motel
#1 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Matador Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!