“I will be back again and again”

Matador Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Louisville, Kentucky
“I will be back again and again”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Decided a few months back to run the Wild Half in Wildwood, NJ. Having spent just about every summer here as a child, teen, and young adult I was anxious to get back. I knew I wanted on the beach in North Wildwood, considering we are staying right before the start of the season I knew I would find reasonable prices.
As soon as I located the Matador online I knew it was where I wanted to stay, on the beach and right next to the start of the boardwalk. I am NOT disappointed in my choice.
The location...awesome! The staff...super nice! The room...comfortable and accommodating. The view...fantastic!
Everything is clean and comfortable. The view from my room and the 4th floor deck are to die for, and the location is convenient to so much. The price was definitely right for this time of year and all of the things I just mentioned; even during the season the prices seem reasonable.
I cannot wait to come back!
For those getting ready to come during the season, they have been working their butts off the past few days to paint, clean, and make everything perfect for the season. Not in a way that was at all bothersome to us but in a way that makes you understand how much love and care they have for this place and their guests.

Room Tip: We wanted quiet so we requested, and will again, the 15th st side, not the poolside. But the rooms...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Our family had four 2 room efficiencies for a weekend in May 2014. We found that this stay, as all previous stays, was great. Clean, spacey rooms; great service; great location. Will be back and would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob L
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We have stayed here many times over the years. This is a very nice place, very clean, great facilities and an unbelievably friendly and helpful staff. The location is outstanding. The boardwalk and the beach are right there. They have grills available if you wish to cook for your self and a very nice pool. We had a slight issue with the WIFI reception in our room, I stopped in the office and mentioned it around 9:00 on Friday night, they had someone address it immediately! If I had to come up with a negative, the only thing I could think of is the parking is a little on the tight side which is not unusal at any of the motels/hotels in Wildwood.

Room Tip: Almost every room is oceanfront!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2013

My daughter and I stayed here for the first time earlier this month. I normally stay in Wildwood Crest, but after seeing this hotel's location, decided to give it a try.

The people in the office were very friendly. The room and all the facilities were very clean. We had a minor issue with a non-working electrical outlet in the bathroom. I mentioned it to the one of the people working in the office and it was taken care of and corrected promptly with no further problem.

The facilities are very nice, the sundeck on the 4th floor is fabulous. The pool and jacuzzi are nice - although a little small for the size of the place. I would assume however, that a lot of guests opt to go to the beach since it's right there.

Overall, it was a very nice place and I would most definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room on the 4th floor to be near the fabulous beach-front patio
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jg117
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because it was cheap. It was a beautiful beach weather October weekend. This motel does have a nice heated pool. That's about it. The rooms were clean enough but the bed was rock hard. Bring shampoo and soap because they don't supply it. It was fine for one night but that's about it. Had to remind myself I wasn't at the Westin

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Cawwee23
Spotswood, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Upon a reference from our friend we decided four years ago to give it a try. With that said we refuse to stay anywhere else. The beach is only steps away, a park for the kids, the boardwalk is also steps away. The upkeep of the property is awesome and very clean. They have a friendly daily cleaning crew to clean your room. The type room we stay in is a type 6 and oceanview. The view is beyond gorgious. Two balconys to choose to relax on. The pool is also very clean. They have a bbq area with grills in which are clean and work very well. Needless to say with how clean they keep it and having such a wonderful and outgoing staff and everything at your finger tips before you stay at another location. Please give the matador a try you wont stay at a better place. Also promise that you'll keep coming back. I know my family can't get enough so we vacation twice a year at the matador. :-)

Room Tip: Oceanview are the best rooms. They do not have their own fitness facility I only checked excellent d...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 16 September 2013

This was the second year that we stayed here. My friends that I came down with have been staying here for years. We had a great room. Ocean front view. Room had everything in it. Refrig, stove, sink, coffeepot micro. Even dishes, pots and silverware. The beach was right in front of us. Not a far walk. Best of all the beginning of the boardwalk was right there. Very convenient. The staff was great. Our room was always cleaned. We stayed 4 nights right after labor day. Great time to be there. Not to croweded.Coming back next year. Already put in our reservations and deposit down. Can't wait.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends