“Best motel in North Wildwood”

Matador Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 28 July 2010

This motel had everything we needed as a family. Close to beach and boardwalk. Nice size pool. Two sundecks for lounging. Rooms were nice and clean. Staff was friendly. There was a small grocery store we could walk to for a few items we forgot from home. Free parking! There was also a playground right infront of the motel. Very pleased with this motel and will be staying here again next summer.

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Matador Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed 26 July 2010

This motel had a great location close to boardwalk and ocean. Playground infront of the motel was an added plus. Staff was helpful and very nice. Our room was very clean and that is the number one thing I look for. You can give me the best location but if my hotel is dirty im outta here. Pool was nice also very clean. Very Quiet location. I am already planning on going back next summer.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I was looking forward to staying at the matador because of the good reviews that it recieved on this site. How I was mistaken. I should have know by my first telephone call that it would be a mistake to stay here. The woman answering the phone was extremely rude and could not answer any questions that I had. At one point I was put on hold for 20 minutes while she 'found out' an answer to one of my questions. Lucky for me another employee picked up and I was finally able to finish booking my stay. I guess it would have been luckier if i would have been disconnected.

When I checked in the staff was rude and definately gave the impression that they were in control that they would throw you out the first chance that they could.

I would never recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
7  Thank bigbillie
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I chose this place due to it's location next to the boardwalk, but NOT behind the boardwalk like a lot of the other motels. It was perfect! The room was clean and neat. The staff was accomodating to the point that we arrived late due to a softball game they held our room and left us in at close midnight!! The pool was super clean and the grill area was very nice. The views from our third floor room were nice and from the 4th floor sun deck was SUPER! We could be at the water front or the boards in less than 5 minutes. The rooms were just the right price for a family! We would definitely stay here again...over and over...no need to look for any other place in Wildwood!! Thank you for a great vacation!!

Reviewed 2 July 2010

i have stayed in many hotels in wildwood over the years and this is by far the best. great owners, polite and caring staff, very clean. close to everything. don"t waste your time looking anyware else.

Reviewed 20 June 2010

We stayed Memorial weekend 2010 with 2 adults and 2 children under 3. The room was very big with plenty of room for all of us comfortably. It was one of the cleanest motels i have stayed at in wildwood. The location is also great, it is right at the beginning of the boardwalk in north wildwood and right on the beach. there is a playground for the children and a good sized pool. The only downfall was the tile floor in the living room area. It was slippery and i would have just preferred carpet with 2 young children. Also the room echoed. But besides that, the staff was super friendly and it was a nice place to stay. I would def stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2010

If you are looking for a fun, clean, friendly, family oriented and still affordable hotel, the Matador in Wildwood NJ is definitely worth visiting. In addition to the great service and staff, the location and convenience is unsurpassed. The Matador is literally a hop, skip and jump away from the famous Wildwood Arch at the very beginning of the boardwalk at 16th Street. The ocean is about a 1/4mile walk from the hotel and there are plenty of local markets right around the corner on Surf Ave if you need to pick up a few groceries to stock in the full size refrig. They recently ungraded to Central Airconditioning in the units and the pool and spa have a beautiful new facade!

My family and I have been coming to this hotel for over 6 years in a row every June and will continue to do so.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Alante Oceanfront Motel
Alante Oceanfront Motel
#12 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#37 of 41 in North Wildwood
Aloha Oceanfront Motel
Aloha Oceanfront Motel
#1 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Matador Oceanfront Resort? Share your experiences!