“What a Shame”

and 1 more site!
Le Boot Condos
Ranked #24 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We arrived on Monday with my mother, an 82 year old Parkinson;s patient with cognitive dysfunction. But I digress. Oddly enough my patronage started when I was twelve, forty years ago when I played with the original owners granddaughter on what now looks like a parking lot at the original Lou Booth. The management was kind enough to give us the first room up the handicapped ramp. I started to make my mom lunch and noticed the pans were greasy and filled with crumbs. Yes, it isn't their job to clean dishes but you think they would check them between rentals. My mom was finally getting adjusted to the lack of handicapped accommodations...grandfathered I guess, and went to bed. Her caretaker accompanied us on the trip. I was sitting outside relaxing and upon walking in saw a mouse scamper under the bureau. I said nothing to my mom and we stayed the night. We then had two mouse sightings and the staff said they would move us, to the second floor, which she cannot navigate. Keep in mind this was the first trip we attempted due to my mom's disability in four years. She has dementia and any added adjustment puts her in the throws of anxiety. The staff was 'kind' enough to relocate us to a room with a freshly cleaned carpet in the bedroom which was soaked and the rest of the unit had ceramic flooring, which due to the slickness I fell on. It was like skating on ice. I was terrified for my mother, using a walker trying to negotiate. It sent my mother into a full blown panic attack. We finally had to return to the mouse room in which they had traps set. My mom was freaked the rest of the stay, as was I. The MOD said it happens and asked if we had left our door open. REALLY? I am a GM in the hospitality industry and would have handled it much differently. Dirty cook wear, crumbs in drawers, dirty drink pitcher...dirty. Wish Lou Booth was alive to be running the place. I don't need the compensation, but I certainly would have refunded the stay. Better management control needed. Only bright spot the hard working maintenance staff and the smaller short dark haired women who seemed to care. The other manager seemed clueless as to how to deal with guests with real issues. Thank you to the great young man who helped my mom with the pool lift. Even if unsuccessful, she is still talking about it and you. God Bless.

Room Tip: Pictures on website show rooms far more updated than the two we experienced. Check cookware and dis...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pam0222

Reviewed 4 September 2013

We loved our stay at Le Boot in North Wildwood, NJ. Staff was accomodating, clean, great bar-be-cue area by poolside, nice warm and relaxing pool. People are friendly. Very nice vacation at Le Boot.

Suite 210 was clean and comfortable. Two televisions, one in Bedroom and a Big Screen in the living room.

Room Tip: Room 210 to ask for.
1  Thank Robert M
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We had a room on the first floor, so didn't have to deal with carrying our luggage up the stairs. The room was very clean and nicely decorated. Yes, the bathroom is very small, but that didn't bother us. The kitchen is also small, but suited our needs. We were glad it had a full refrigerator...very useful. The air conditioner is located in the bedroom, so you have to leave the bedroom door open to cool the entire place. There aren't any windows that you can open in the front of the place, just a glass window pane. So, no fresh beach wind to enjoy. We were either at the pool or beach all day, so we didn't care about the air conditioner during the day. My only complaint was that the air conditioner was very loud, so sometimes it interrupted our sleeping. I don't like being in air conditioners all the time. The pool is heated and a nice size too. A great 1ft. area in the pool for small children to play safely with the rest of the pool going up to 9 ft. The hotel is right on the beach and at the beginning of the boardwalk, so it's super convenient. The staff is great and had a coffee cart set up every morning outside in front of the office.

1  Thank Sandy914
Reviewed 29 August 2013

What a short, but thoroughly enjoyed time! My daughter & I took my granddaughters for an overnight adventure to Le Boot Condos in N Wildwoods, NJ. This was our first trip out all summer and we couldn't have had a better time! (and our first trip to Le Boot) What an amazing place to stay! If you are interested in family atmosphere, friendly, clean, professional, & just all around great spot, Le Boot Condo Resort is the place to go! The staff are the BEST in town!! The condos are immaculate and beautifully decorated, just like you never left home! We will never stay anywhere else! Everything was close, beach, boardwalk, great diners, playground, bike rentals. I just had three surgeries in last 8 months, & I had little trouble getting around. Everyone was so thoughtful & helpful! Thank you Dottie & staff for an amazing time!

1  Thank nannan106
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a nice place to stay as long as you don't need to use the internet. WiFi was supposed to be available but could not connect. The room was clean and neat. Nicely decorated. In you want to keep cool bring your own fans and possibly portable air conditioner. The room we were in only had 1 air conditioner and it was in the bedroom and would not cool the living room. Also TV in bedroom was so high on the wall that once laying down you couldn't see the picture. The staff was very friendly and very helpful on things to do. I would stay here again just be more prepared next time!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

Our room was clean; however, for the price,(which is comparable to large, more modern places, we expected more. The motel has 3 floors and no elevator, which makes moving in and out very difficult. The air conditioner is in the bedroom, so if the door is closed, you only have a circular fan in the LR/Kitchen/DR area. The bathroom is clean but extremely small. No headboards on the beds. The pool area is clean; however, there is no shade. People who have children who are old enough to go in the pool unaccompanied, must sit in the sun. All of the umbrellas are on the patio/grill/smoking side.

2  Thank 4,422,013
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We just spent another lovely vacation at leBoot. We stumbled upon this motel (it used to be a motel, now is individually owned condos, which are rented and maintained by a management company) a few years ago and just keep coming back!

This year's room (202) was not nearly as exceptional as our last stay but it was still great. It was just that the furnishings were not as high-quality and were a little dated comparatively. But it was still a nice stay. The front room is a living/dining room. The loveseat/sofabed had seen better days, but it was not smelly or anything. And the same with the kitchen table/chairs. They were still functional, if just a bit outdated. Beds were fine - linens clean. And the full kitchen is always great. Fridge is big enough to hold cases of water/drinks and a few snacks. We did not cook at all this time, but we had everything we needed if we wanted to. I would recommend adding a few wine glasses and pint glasses to the cupboards!

The bathrooms in these places are tiny, but functional and honestly, quite clean. No mildew or anything. Dated, yes, but again, just fine.

I will say that this time around the maid service wasn't great, but the staff in the office knows this already. We had never experienced that before. We ran out of toilet paper and it was clear that the floor was not vacuumed because sand remained the entire trip. Previous visits I had remarked on how clean the floors were kept (they are tile and we could walk around barefoot after they vacuumed and not pick up sand).

I do wish they offered hand/face towels in addition to bath towels and washcloths. I only noticed this time because we had another beach trip (OCMD) adjoining this one and the hotel there had hand/face towels and it was nice.

The view and location will keep us coming back! Pool looked better than ever! It is always SO clean!