“Go Somewhere Else!”

Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Rego Park, New York
“Go Somewhere Else!”
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Let's see, where do I begin? OK for starters, there WAS NO PHONE IN OUR ROOM (pretty handy in an emergency,eh?) Here's a news flash, NOT EVERYONE HAS CELL PHONES. Secondly there was NO WIFI IN OUR ROOM. I was told by a very personable young man by the name of Conrad (one of the few pluses in that place) that the wifi only works in the pool area(????). I personally go to a pool to SWIM, not look at my kindle fire all damned day. Next, the fridge and microwave, while in perfect working order, were positioned right by the BATHROOM (yuck!!). Then there's the resort policy of changing the sheets EVERY 3 DAYS (I'm a guy and even I'm not that sloppy!). Lastly, the lighting in our room was more suitable for a funeral home than a motel room. Now for the good stuff: Conrad, Natalie, and the maid whose name I didn't know (no name tags either!) are all GEMS. They always offered service with a smile and went out of their way to assist us (directions good places to eat, etc.). Overall, while the services rendered were good, the deplorable lack of amenities ,lighting and appliance placement issues, and lack of BASIC cleanliness in my eyes justify the poor rating for this place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dv7Ry

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Levittown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 23 August 2012

we as a family of four recently stayed for four nights. apon arrival the room was FILTHY sink covered in shaving wiskers, dresser sticky stains also on the microwave and the refridgerator, the tub had long black hairs (i have blonde) i found numerous things on the floors barrettes, rubberbands, shoe laces. missing curtains and photos on the walls.......but my favorite, not that i don't like bbq ribs and chicken but SEROIUSLY every morning 8am someone was cooking outside their doors. and a MUST keep the a/c on at all times to drown out all the noise from the 10 or so people in the room next to us (room for 4) a real pig sty will certainly stay far away from here. oh and when i asked to speak to an owne, r name ?? they wouldn't tell me. he finally surfaced two days later!! i had his whole staff clean my room top to bottom!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay far away from this place
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank deniseburns_12

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at sandy shores for 7 days and had the best time. Sal, Johna and Conrad are always ready to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and, if you have little children, there is entertainment for the children. We had such a fun relaxing vacation that I booked next years when I left. If u like to relax and have fun on your vacation, this is the place to be.

1 Thank macov55
Reviewed 15 August 2012

Personally for the price we paid we could have gone to sooo much nicer places. The plethora of problems encountered in the room were too much. For example the sheets are not fitted so they slide right off. The microwave and fridge didn't work. Only around 20 of the 70 advertised channels appeared. The drains clogged ridiculOusly easy. The maid seemed like she did not want to even do her job and change the sheets. The room itself was just old and unattactive. Oh and one more thing the bathrooms had NO LOCKS. However the management was very welcoming and nice....when you can get a hold of them. On the phone it is nearly impossible to solve an issue. Oh btw the room we had was the nicest suite...

2 Thank Rhinocef4
sandy s, Front Office Manager at Sandy Shores Resort, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
We have no idea who you are? But your complaint is invalid.

1. We never advertise how many stations we have for Tv. On our website it just says satellite tv, and nothing else.

2. The linen sheets that you refer that are not fitted and come from Wildwood linen. Most establishments on the island use the same thing for their beds. So there is nothing unusual about it!

Thank you for your comments. We hope you find your happiness and enjoy the wildwoods.
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I
Can't say enOugh about the staff and
Also almost all the other guests of Sandy Shores. Conrad, Sal and everyone else who works at the Motel are so friendly and wanting and willing to please the guests!!! All I found was one staff member after the other smiling and trying to make sure we were happy and having a good time!!! This was our second stay in 3 yrs,
And I'm sure soon enough we will be back!!!
Thank You Again!
The Amy's

1 Thank Maa316
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 7 August 2012

We drove from Florida to show my kids the boardwalk I grew up on. This is our third stay at Sandy Shores and we really enjoy it. The pool was beautiful. Our room was great and the kid activities were an added bonus.

I've read negative comments and I've never had any of the complaints listed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank karenmarvich
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Been staying here for years there was a problem with my check in concerning the date and Sal the owner fixed it quickly getting us in and the upgrade to direct tv plus the new stairs and railing are a really nice and the pool is always clean refreshing

• Stayed July 2012