“Rude” 1 of 5 bubbles

Sandy Shores Resort
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“Rude”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2012

Booked a vacation there and was told when we got there they didn't have us in the computer. After calling two times to confirm I think they should have realized it wasn't in the computer. So got to wildwood with no place to stay. They were rude about the whole situation. I do not recommend this place to anyone! Awful!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Naf128

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2012

Well, I have never wrote a review before, and quite frankly I don't think that up until now, I've never felt the need but my family enjoyed themselves so much here that I just had to write one. I contacted this resort after unsuccessfully trying to find a motel in Wildwood that would host my family on such short notice and Sandy Shores Resort was very accommodating. When we arrived my family was greeted by the property owner, who welcomed us with open arms so to speak. During our weekend stay for my daughters 16th birthday, my family was made to feel like part of there family. This resort is a must stay at type of resort. It is located conveniently literally down the street from the Boardwalk, across the street is a family diner, and a store where you can buy pretty much anything you need. Once we arrived and parked, I never moved my car until we checked out to leave (there was no need, everything was right there). The facility was clean, and the staff was wonderful. We were so pleased with our stay that we blocked off a 2 week slot for next year. If your looking for a family oriented Resort that is not only Very Kid Friendly but also adult friendly, this is the place to stay.
Once again, I just would like to say, "Thank you Sandy Shores Staff for an awesome experience, my daughter loved it and so did my mother and I. Looking forward to seeing you guys again next summer!

Room Tip: I can't speak for the other rooms here, but we had pool view and it was great.
1 Thank LaDonCain-Oliver
philadelphia, pa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

What a vacation! Got into room after pushing door with shoulder. At one point my granddaughter could not get the door open so she had to knock on the window for the boy in the next room to push aganst the door. Sat on bed and it collapsed. Tried to put on light and it fell off the wall. The only lighting in the room was the one on the wall and a small lamp on the bureau. Room was very dark. TV had no power button, so how were we to know that you had to use a switch on the wall. Asked maid and she didn't know how to turn on TV (had only 12 channels). No phone in room so you could call the office which was open off and on during the day. During the night the small refrigerator in the room defrosted because something happened to the electric line where the refrigerator and microwave (filthy dirty should have been thrown out) were connected. The floor is tile where the refrigerator is located in the bathroom area and when my daughter got up during the night she nearly fell on the wet floor. Next day brought cold water for showers and toilet being stopped up. Pool was open to 12:00 AM with people drinking beer (glass bottles) in the pool. Most pools are locked for safety purposes after a certain time. Place was a real dive, carpeting was so dirty that you couldn't go without shoes and I could go on and on about this horrible motel. Never saw the owner only dealt with the maintenance man (who was very helpful). My advice is to go anywhere else but this place. When you go on vacation you try to have no worries but this was a nightmare and it was the first time that I didn't feel bad about my vacation ending.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room at this motel. Go somewhere else - not the Bird of Paradise because it is...
2 Thank pakathy

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

New Castle
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

One thing my fiance hates- cold water for a shower.. That's what we had. In addition, we brought cereal for breakfast, but the million ants go to it first. The room was okay, a little beat down, but not bad. I would stay here again only if I was in a pinch.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Craig K
Rego Park, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

Let's see, where do I begin? OK for starters, there WAS NO PHONE IN OUR ROOM (pretty handy in an emergency,eh?) Here's a news flash, NOT EVERYONE HAS CELL PHONES. Secondly there was NO WIFI IN OUR ROOM. I was told by a very personable young man by the name of Conrad (one of the few pluses in that place) that the wifi only works in the pool area(????). I personally go to a pool to SWIM, not look at my kindle fire all damned day. Next, the fridge and microwave, while in perfect working order, were positioned right by the BATHROOM (yuck!!). Then there's the resort policy of changing the sheets EVERY 3 DAYS (I'm a guy and even I'm not that sloppy!). Lastly, the lighting in our room was more suitable for a funeral home than a motel room. Now for the good stuff: Conrad, Natalie, and the maid whose name I didn't know (no name tags either!) are all GEMS. They always offered service with a smile and went out of their way to assist us (directions good places to eat, etc.). Overall, while the services rendered were good, the deplorable lack of amenities ,lighting and appliance placement issues, and lack of BASIC cleanliness in my eyes justify the poor rating for this place.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Dv7Ry
Levittown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

we as a family of four recently stayed for four nights. apon arrival the room was FILTHY sink covered in shaving wiskers, dresser sticky stains also on the microwave and the refridgerator, the tub had long black hairs (i have blonde) i found numerous things on the floors barrettes, rubberbands, shoe laces. missing curtains and photos on the walls.......but my favorite, not that i don't like bbq ribs and chicken but SEROIUSLY every morning 8am someone was cooking outside their doors. and a MUST keep the a/c on at all times to drown out all the noise from the 10 or so people in the room next to us (room for 4) a real pig sty will certainly stay far away from here. oh and when i asked to speak to an owne, r name ?? they wouldn't tell me. he finally surfaced two days later!! i had his whole staff clean my room top to bottom!!!!!!!

Room Tip: stay far away from this place
2 Thank deniseburns_12
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at sandy shores for 7 days and had the best time. Sal, Johna and Conrad are always ready to make your stay as comfortable and pleasant as possible. The rooms are clean, the staff friendly and, if you have little children, there is entertainment for the children. We had such a fun relaxing vacation that I booked next years when I left. If u like to relax and have fun on your vacation, this is the place to be.

• Stayed August 2012
Lollipop Motel
Lollipop Motel
#2 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
#29 of 76 in Wildwood
Alante Oceanfront Motel
Alante Oceanfront Motel
#4 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Sandy Shores Resort? Share your experiences!