“Never Again”

Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Never Again”
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My daughter stayed here with her friends, this is her review: I will never return to this establishment again. I was greatly disappointed in this motel! There was no heat in the room, the carpet and bathroom floor was filthy, and the managers were not much help. When I called the manager to ask about the television, his exact words were "if the remote works then it works, if not then it doesn't." The female manager was very intrusive and long story short, I absolutely did NOT enjoy my stay here. My family and I will be visiting Wildwood for our annual summer trip and you can be certain we will definitely not be staying at this "resort" motel. NEVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: sandy shores is a no go
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank JustMeDee

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pottsville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I Love this place! The owners are Great, Personable, Kind, and take a interest in you as a guest. During the Summer they have activities for the kids. The rooms are Great, & always clean. If I needed anything all I had to do was ask. To those complaining of a Bleach smell i'd hate to know if and what you clean your house with! All Hotels use a Bleach cleaner to clean! The Pool is Great I highly recommend staying here to anyone especially families!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice. We stayed in the suites above the office on each of our stays here.
2 Thank pr0uddad0814
San Diego
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I really don't know where to begin. First of all the fact that this establishment was the only accommodations available in Wildwood should have been a red flag. My family and I were visiting family on the East Coast and figured a night at the shore would be fun. What a mistake!! We checked in were given a key and proceeded to make our way to the room. The second we walked into the door an overwhelming stench of chlorine odor attacked our respiratory system. We stepped into the room despite the fear we all had. To our horror the room was completely unacceptable. The head boards of the bed had stains that appeared to be bodily fluids. We pulled back the covers to examine the bedding and we discovered a long black strand of human hair. If that wasn't bad enough there was also pubic hairs in the sheets. The table and chairs in the room were chipped and stained, there wasn't any towels, and the drain was clogged. It was so bad that my young children were begging to leave. Needless to say we grabbed our bags and got out of there. We asked for our $159. back and were told sorry no refunds. My advise is steer clear of this pig sty!! .

Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank IntergritySanDiego

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Booked a vacation there and was told when we got there they didn't have us in the computer. After calling two times to confirm I think they should have realized it wasn't in the computer. So got to wildwood with no place to stay. They were rude about the whole situation. I do not recommend this place to anyone! Awful!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Naf128
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 September 2012

Well, I have never wrote a review before, and quite frankly I don't think that up until now, I've never felt the need but my family enjoyed themselves so much here that I just had to write one. I contacted this resort after unsuccessfully trying to find a motel in Wildwood that would host my family on such short notice and Sandy Shores Resort was very accommodating. When we arrived my family was greeted by the property owner, who welcomed us with open arms so to speak. During our weekend stay for my daughters 16th birthday, my family was made to feel like part of there family. This resort is a must stay at type of resort. It is located conveniently literally down the street from the Boardwalk, across the street is a family diner, and a store where you can buy pretty much anything you need. Once we arrived and parked, I never moved my car until we checked out to leave (there was no need, everything was right there). The facility was clean, and the staff was wonderful. We were so pleased with our stay that we blocked off a 2 week slot for next year. If your looking for a family oriented Resort that is not only Very Kid Friendly but also adult friendly, this is the place to stay.
Once again, I just would like to say, "Thank you Sandy Shores Staff for an awesome experience, my daughter loved it and so did my mother and I. Looking forward to seeing you guys again next summer!

Room Tip: I can't speak for the other rooms here, but we had pool view and it was great.
1 Thank LaDonCain-Oliver
philadelphia, pa
Reviewed 28 August 2012

What a vacation! Got into room after pushing door with shoulder. At one point my granddaughter could not get the door open so she had to knock on the window for the boy in the next room to push aganst the door. Sat on bed and it collapsed. Tried to put on light and it fell off the wall. The only lighting in the room was the one on the wall and a small lamp on the bureau. Room was very dark. TV had no power button, so how were we to know that you had to use a switch on the wall. Asked maid and she didn't know how to turn on TV (had only 12 channels). No phone in room so you could call the office which was open off and on during the day. During the night the small refrigerator in the room defrosted because something happened to the electric line where the refrigerator and microwave (filthy dirty should have been thrown out) were connected. The floor is tile where the refrigerator is located in the bathroom area and when my daughter got up during the night she nearly fell on the wet floor. Next day brought cold water for showers and toilet being stopped up. Pool was open to 12:00 AM with people drinking beer (glass bottles) in the pool. Most pools are locked for safety purposes after a certain time. Place was a real dive, carpeting was so dirty that you couldn't go without shoes and I could go on and on about this horrible motel. Never saw the owner only dealt with the maintenance man (who was very helpful). My advice is to go anywhere else but this place. When you go on vacation you try to have no worries but this was a nightmare and it was the first time that I didn't feel bad about my vacation ending.

Room Tip: Don't choose any room at this motel. Go somewhere else - not the Bird of Paradise because it is...
2 Thank pakathy
New Castle
Reviewed 26 August 2012

One thing my fiance hates- cold water for a shower.. That's what we had. In addition, we brought cereal for breakfast, but the million ants go to it first. The room was okay, a little beat down, but not bad. I would stay here again only if I was in a pinch.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Chateau Bleu Resort Motel
Chateau Bleu Resort Motel
#31 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
Island Breeze Motel
Island Breeze Motel
#30 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Sandy Shores Resort? Share your experiences!