“What a waste of time!”

Sandy Shores Resort
Ranked #34 of 39 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here with family in what was billed as " a deluxe two room, two bath unit" . Deluxe, What a joke! From the second we walked in my daughter kept asking me "what is that smell?" each person who walked in the door also asked the same thing over, and over again. The man, I assume he was the owner came grudgingly and plunged one the toilets. The smell lingered and the toilet never worked right! Street noise was awful. Pool dirty as dishwater. I found these people to be ignorant, rude and careless when asked any question or faced with a complaint. It is my personal opinion they had no concept what so ever what hospitality means...or running a decent place for that matter! Do Not Stay Here! Really, take the advice and consider yourself the wiser for it!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Luv2go1019

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My daughter and I visited sandy shores again from june 24th to june 27th 2013 Once Again WE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE Sal was Great rooms were CLEAN Staff was VERY NICE and FREIENDLY we arrived early and only had to wait 30 minutes I did not need maid but asked for clean towels everyday and had them immediately Pool was cleaned grill was cleaned Unfortunately We missed Sal's wife as she was away. If you want a cheap freindly place to stay with only 2 blocks from boardwalk SANDY SHORES IS THE PLACE TO STAY

Room Tip: we choose pool side
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here last min. May 31 to June 2nd 2013. 1 1/2 blk to bdwk. Hubby, me & 2 12 yr. old girls. Prom weekend was not a problem. Problem was condition of room. Water ran from faucet in tub never stopped. Hole punched in bathroom door. We had to ask for sets of towels Wore flip flops everywhere because the carpet was sticky, outside had rusty hair & safety pins, bottle caps, broken glass, other objects not friendly to bare feet. A detailed picture of male anatomy drawn on ceiling w/ black marker above the bed. Bedding was new but torn already. Part of room was freshly painted or stucco, The rest was old, rusty, paint peeling and water stained. There was an ice machine w/ no ice all weekend. Pool was open and clear water. Office was not 24 hr attended phone # was left on door to call if problem occurs. Staff was friendly. Parking very tight. Price to high for quality of room. We paid $99.00 +tx. No activities for kids. Railing on 3rd floor is broken in several places. Balcony floor use a scrub and rinse. Gas grill was offered but we did not use it so can not rate this. A/C wall unit did work. We did like the location. CLEANLINESS and PRICE were the issue for us

Room Tip: Ask to view the exact room you will have before you sign anything. Check everything
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stacy w
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My daughter stayed here with her friends, this is her review: I will never return to this establishment again. I was greatly disappointed in this motel! There was no heat in the room, the carpet and bathroom floor was filthy, and the managers were not much help. When I called the manager to ask about the television, his exact words were "if the remote works then it works, if not then it doesn't." The female manager was very intrusive and long story short, I absolutely did NOT enjoy my stay here. My family and I will be visiting Wildwood for our annual summer trip and you can be certain we will definitely not be staying at this "resort" motel. NEVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: sandy shores is a no go
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JustMeDee
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I Love this place! The owners are Great, Personable, Kind, and take a interest in you as a guest. During the Summer they have activities for the kids. The rooms are Great, & always clean. If I needed anything all I had to do was ask. To those complaining of a Bleach smell i'd hate to know if and what you clean your house with! All Hotels use a Bleach cleaner to clean! The Pool is Great I highly recommend staying here to anyone especially families!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice. We stayed in the suites above the office on each of our stays here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank pr0uddad0814
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I really don't know where to begin. First of all the fact that this establishment was the only accommodations available in Wildwood should have been a red flag. My family and I were visiting family on the East Coast and figured a night at the shore would be fun. What a mistake!! We checked in were given a key and proceeded to make our way to the room. The second we walked into the door an overwhelming stench of chlorine odor attacked our respiratory system. We stepped into the room despite the fear we all had. To our horror the room was completely unacceptable. The head boards of the bed had stains that appeared to be bodily fluids. We pulled back the covers to examine the bedding and we discovered a long black strand of human hair. If that wasn't bad enough there was also pubic hairs in the sheets. The table and chairs in the room were chipped and stained, there wasn't any towels, and the drain was clogged. It was so bad that my young children were begging to leave. Needless to say we grabbed our bags and got out of there. We asked for our $159. back and were told sorry no refunds. My advise is steer clear of this pig sty!! .

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank IntergritySanDiego
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Booked a vacation there and was told when we got there they didn't have us in the computer. After calling two times to confirm I think they should have realized it wasn't in the computer. So got to wildwood with no place to stay. They were rude about the whole situation. I do not recommend this place to anyone! Awful!

• Stayed: September 2012