“Stay Down the street!”

Sandy Shores Resort
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 15 July 2013

This past weekend was difficult to find vacancy at most north wildwood hotels. I normally stay at the cardinal but they were all booked. I figured this was right down the street and they had availability so "how bad could it be?". My mistake! First off they charged almost double $212 a night- and for what?!? A fly infested (small) dirty room with almost zero water pressure! I would have been able to get over all that if the customer service was even half way decent, but not a chance! To be honest they were a bunch of morons that had no clue what they were doing! So like the title says stay down the street!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Nikkik215

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I've been going to Sandy Shores for 13 years,and these people who own Sandy Shores are the nicest people that you want to meet. I go back every year, I book my vacation for the next year before I leave that year is. The motel is always clean,and the staff go out of the way to help you. If there's a problem it's always taken care of right away. If it can't be fixed they move you and fix the problem. They are a family oriented motel. They have activities for the children. They keep in touch with you thru the off season. If you have a bad time it's your fault. They have rules of what you can and cannot do. If you come in with 2 people and pay for 2 you can not try and sneak 20 drunken friends in and think that there going to allow it than you need to have your head examined. If you think there going to allow you to break there property and not make you pay to repair it than your living in a dream world. The place is always clean. The staff is always friendly and always willing to help. The management is always updating something. I will never stay anywhere but the Sandy Shores. Johnia and Sal I love you guys and you will always my family.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank pasherriff1v
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Stayed here with family in what was billed as " a deluxe two room, two bath unit" . Deluxe, What a joke! From the second we walked in my daughter kept asking me "what is that smell?" each person who walked in the door also asked the same thing over, and over again. The man, I assume he was the owner came grudgingly and plunged one the toilets. The smell lingered and the toilet never worked right! Street noise was awful. Pool dirty as dishwater. I found these people to be ignorant, rude and careless when asked any question or faced with a complaint. It is my personal opinion they had no concept what so ever what hospitality means...or running a decent place for that matter! Do Not Stay Here! Really, take the advice and consider yourself the wiser for it!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Luv2go1019
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My daughter and I visited sandy shores again from june 24th to june 27th 2013 Once Again WE HAD A GREAT EXPERIENCE Sal was Great rooms were CLEAN Staff was VERY NICE and FREIENDLY we arrived early and only had to wait 30 minutes I did not need maid but asked for clean towels everyday and had them immediately Pool was cleaned grill was cleaned Unfortunately We missed Sal's wife as she was away. If you want a cheap freindly place to stay with only 2 blocks from boardwalk SANDY SHORES IS THE PLACE TO STAY

Room Tip: we choose pool side
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mike W
Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here last min. May 31 to June 2nd 2013. 1 1/2 blk to bdwk. Hubby, me & 2 12 yr. old girls. Prom weekend was not a problem. Problem was condition of room. Water ran from faucet in tub never stopped. Hole punched in bathroom door. We had to ask for sets of towels Wore flip flops everywhere because the carpet was sticky, outside had rusty hair & safety pins, bottle caps, broken glass, other objects not friendly to bare feet. A detailed picture of male anatomy drawn on ceiling w/ black marker above the bed. Bedding was new but torn already. Part of room was freshly painted or stucco, The rest was old, rusty, paint peeling and water stained. There was an ice machine w/ no ice all weekend. Pool was open and clear water. Office was not 24 hr attended phone # was left on door to call if problem occurs. Staff was friendly. Parking very tight. Price to high for quality of room. We paid $99.00 +tx. No activities for kids. Railing on 3rd floor is broken in several places. Balcony floor use a scrub and rinse. Gas grill was offered but we did not use it so can not rate this. A/C wall unit did work. We did like the location. CLEANLINESS and PRICE were the issue for us

Room Tip: Ask to view the exact room you will have before you sign anything. Check everything
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stacy w
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My daughter stayed here with her friends, this is her review: I will never return to this establishment again. I was greatly disappointed in this motel! There was no heat in the room, the carpet and bathroom floor was filthy, and the managers were not much help. When I called the manager to ask about the television, his exact words were "if the remote works then it works, if not then it doesn't." The female manager was very intrusive and long story short, I absolutely did NOT enjoy my stay here. My family and I will be visiting Wildwood for our annual summer trip and you can be certain we will definitely not be staying at this "resort" motel. NEVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: sandy shores is a no go
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank JustMeDee
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I Love this place! The owners are Great, Personable, Kind, and take a interest in you as a guest. During the Summer they have activities for the kids. The rooms are Great, & always clean. If I needed anything all I had to do was ask. To those complaining of a Bleach smell i'd hate to know if and what you clean your house with! All Hotels use a Bleach cleaner to clean! The Pool is Great I highly recommend staying here to anyone especially families!

Room Tip: All rooms are equally nice. We stayed in the suites above the office on each of our stays here.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family