“No Better Find in the Wildwoods” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sandy Shores Resort

Sandy Shores Resort
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
“No Better Find in the Wildwoods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2014

Called the hotel last minute and got a three night stay. Sonny was more than personable when I called. I contacted a female employee a few days later with my credit card info-- she was awesome. Informed me of the check-in time and told me the pool was available if we arrived early. The room was clean (air conditioner running) when we entered the room.. The chamber service was on point and thorough. Juan, the maintenance worker was awesome and friendly as well. The other hotels in WW should take their cue from the Sandy Shores service. The employees/hotel go the extra mile for the guests (free coffee, iced tea, music, clean pool/rooms and free entertainment for younger children) to make you feel welcomed. I've been going to the S.S. for the past 2-3 years after staying at another WW hotel for years, The other hotel increased the rates, didn't offer the little perks and didn't remember my name after the many years staying with them. Oh, the hotel is a block and a half from the boardwalk. Good luck finding a WW hotel with reasonable rates, clean rooms/pool, and guest friendly services.

Room Tip: No better deal in the Wildwoods
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank brad c
Sal B, Manager at Sandy Shores Resort, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
I'm so pleased that everything during your stay was to your liking, Brad. Glad we were able to book you at the last minute and that you enjoyed the service, the pool, and your rooms. Thanks for mentioning some of the staff members you felt provided great service -- I look forward to sharing your review with them. We hope to see you again sometime soon!

All the best,

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Booked vacation for July 20th-24th. On Wednesday, the 23rd, a staff member came knocking on our door and told my 17 yr old son that we had to check out. I was enjoying a bike ride and he was so upset. I basically ran back to the hotel and went to the office and Marie had said "yes, you booked until the 23rd", I said "No, I paid until the 24th". After a whole bunch of hassle and me crying my eyes out because I was craving this vacation away from a very stressful job just so I can relax and forget about the stress, Sunny decided to show me another room and I stressed to him that I was not paying for it as I already paid for a kitchenette room. The room he showed me was a regular room with no kitchenette on the 2nd floor. My son, my mother and I basically was getting thrown out of our room of which we had been there since Sunday and all comfortable in the room with everything unpacked, had to repack everything for just one more night because of their mistake. They kept telling me the whole time that I said I reserved until the 23rd when I clearly knew when I booked that I said the 24th, to two people at that.....anyway, we were very inconvenienced into moving into another room that was on the second floor which my mother and I were not very happy about, my mother suffered a stroke last year and lost her peripheal vision and I myself having Vertigo, you can imagine, we were not very happy at all.
I did receive the refund in the hotel room rate, but it was a MAJOR INCONVENIENCE that we had to pack everything for one last night, while the family who was coming in could have stayed in another room for one night before unpacking.

Its a real shame because my brother in law stays there every year and so do friends that I know, and I myself have stayed there before, but I will never stay here again and will tell my friends and family the same. They didn't believe a word I said about my booking dates and finally after all my crying and more stress added, then did Sunny notice that I paid for the 4 nights instead of 3.

Highly dissapointed and couldn't enjoy myself when I needed it the most. Sad thing is that I've heard from locals that the cops are always there, for the same reasons and other things. I will never return here again

Room Tip: no matter what room you choose, they will most likely move you around
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank lm1121

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Bellmawr, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

My daughter and I went BACK to Sandy Shores 26th Atlantic North Wildwood from june 23 to june 26th 2014 This is our 1oth year We arrive at 12:15 and were greeted by receptionist Maria with a BIG FREINDLY HELLO and said room is ready Owner Sal came out we exchanged hugs and PLEASANT GREETINGS catching up with family and the dreaded winter We went to our room witch was very clean air was on Sal came up and said Mike and Kelsey you are now unofficial Staff members and gave us 2 Sandy Shores/ Bird of of Paridise staff T Shirts WE un packed I went to pool which was cleaned and water was refreshing and spotted Sals wife Johanna we spoke axchanges hugs talked for 15 minutes and she WELCOME Us Back I rate this hotel a 10 plus the ENTIRE STAFF are VERY FREINDLY Price is reasonably as I am divorced ( and am on a tight budget) and my daughter is special needs and they were very Understanding If you ar looking for a GREAT PLACE TO STAY 2 blocks from boardwalk Sandy Shores is the place to stay even try Sal's other place a half block up Bird of Paridise THANK YOU SAL / Johanna may see you in july HAVE A GREAT SUMMER STAY COOL

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mike W
Sal B, Manager at Sandy Shores Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
I just saw this review you wrote from June, Mike, and you really made my day. Something tells me Sal and our staff will really enjoy reading this as well. We're honored that you choose time and again to stay with us and can't wait to see you both again. Tell Kelsey we said hello! -Sandy Shores, CR Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

I stayed from Aug 25th to Aug 30th. When we arrived check in was fairly easy. To my surprise our suite was very very nice and very clean. We were so happy! Unfortunately the following day, Monday, somewhere btw 2pm and 5pm our room was robbed of over $300. I did not notice this until approx.11pm when I went to take money from my wallet at a pizza shop up the street. I noticed all of my $20 were gone, only had a few tens and a few ones. ( Guess it was a nice thief). I told my family I was with that I was missing money....when we returned to the motel, my daughter in law checked her suitcase and she had an envelope that had $250 in it. Guess what? It was gone!!! This was 11pm. I called the owners and left a detailed message about the theft and asked them to please call me back. I did not hear from them after a second phone call I placed 20 min later. I then called the police to report the theft. I knew my money was gone and I would never see it again. The following morning our cleaning girl came up to clean and I said to her "quote", I am not blaming you for the theft, I just want to put it out there". Clearly she was upset. This was Tuesday. Management did not come up to ask me what happened until Wed afternoon and the only reason they came up was b/c their cleaning girl was afraid to come in to our room alone, so management accompanied her. My whole problem was with management not concerned enough to come up immediately to hear what happened. They claimed this has never happened before, even though the police told us they had been there before for different incidents. Besides the money being stolen, I think management should have treated us differently and came to us to find out what happened the following morning, not wait a day and a half. We were offered nothing, barely an apology. They told us they do not handle thefts, fighting, etc. You are to call the police, not management. When I asked her why she did not come up the morning after, her answer was "well I am here now". I was SO disappointed but tried to make the best of the week. Needless to say, I probably won't be returning. On a positive note, the motel is clean, cleaning service is good and the prices are great. Only a block and a half from the beach. Too bad they didn't have security camera's on the premises. :-(

Room Tip: The suite above the office is extremely nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank louann53
Sal B, Manager at Sandy Shores Resort, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Security is a very high priority for us, Louann, but it's our policy to let matters of theft go through the police. That said, I apologize that we didn't express this to you more quickly. We appreciate that you took the time to outline your thoughts here in September, and I want to assure you that we will continue to take preventative measures to improve on our end. Thank you also for your thoughts on our accommodations. We truly do appreciate you, and I'm very sorry this happened.

Take care,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013

Stayed here for two nights mid week in August 2013..This place is so dirty-the rooms absolutely do not look like the pictures. The water sits in the tub, takes time to go down, the entire bathroom is so tiny, rusted, and dirty. The freezer was filled with ice, couldn't get anything in it. There were no curtains on the windows, just blinds so the sun was in your face first thing in the morning..the air barely worked-no top sheet on the beds...the carpets were disgusting..the pool water was dirty--would NEVER stay there again, even for free..the only plus is that its close to the beach and boards..

Room Tip: Just go someplace else..
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Anna M
Sal B, Manager at Sandy Shores Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
We agree that when you're here enjoying the Jersey Shore, your room should feel welcoming and you should be able to rest comfortably. So we're disappointed you felt things were not to your liking, Anna. I can assure you that most of what you described is not the norm. Had we known that you were unhappy while you were here, we could have easily addressed many of these issues and helped you to be more comfortable. We understand, though, that much of what you described has to do with regular upkeep. If the freezer was filled with ice or the bathroom dirty, it was most likely due to a one-off oversight that has since been corrected. Regardless, I want to let you know that we take your feedback from August seriously and that our top priority is making you feel comfortable. We would welcome the opportunity to start fresh and show you our best.

Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

There is only one word to describe this place: horrible. Don't waste your money! The beds were so uncomfortable I couldn't get a goodnights sleep. The bathroom floor was disgusting, couldn't walk on it without flip flops.. The refrigator was rusty. The door knobs were sticky. And the AC was at the bed level so it was blowing cold air directly on me the entire night. Plus there were no curtains in the room, just blinds so the room was too bright in the morning. We stayed here two nights only. After the first night, room service came while we were at the beach but it made only one of the two beds in the room! On my bed they just left a black trash bag which was just bizarre. The only thing that was good about this motel was the location. If you don't mind staying at a dirty and unconfortable place then this motel is for you.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank T S
Sal B, Manager at Sandy Shores Resort, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
It's important to us that our guests feel comfortable and well taken care of. I'm sorry if this wasn't the case for you while you were here. It would have been great to have received this information during your stay, but all the same, we'll use your feedback from last July to make sure we stay on track toward providing exemplary service and accommodations. We hope you'll consider coming back and giving us a chance to provide you the hospitality you deserve.

Take care,
John L., Manager
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

First of all I couldn't agree anymore with pasherriff1v. Very nicely put! We've been regular customers for about 5 years! Were just about part of the family by now! Johnia and Sal work very hard and it shows. There are new renovations every year we go. The rooms are clean and always ready for when I get there. Conrad always calls on the day of arrival to check an arrival time. They're organized, professional and generous! They offer activities such as make your own sundae, corn on the cob night and movie night! The pool is amazing... there's no other way to describe it. Did I mention its heated?! They're located about two blocks from the ride pier, beach, water park, Gateway 26 and of course Sams and Curlys Fries! All this and can you believe the rates are affordable!! If you want to have a good experience you will! I've never had a problem with either of their hotels and would never stay anywhere else! I highly recommend staying at Sandy Shores!
Thank you Sal and Johnia for all the great vacations our family has with you guys... We look forward to many more years to come! We love you guys and I'm sure we'll see you soon!

• Stayed June 2013
4 Thank ChrisCrystalCor
Sal B, Manager at Sandy Shores Resort, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Thanks so much for writing this glowing review from last July. We're really proud that you consider us your home away from home when visiting the Jersey Shore. You do such a thorough job describing all you enjoy here, and it really makes us smile. Can't wait to have you back with us! -John L, Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Wildwood
Lollipop Motel
Lollipop Motel
#2 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
#30 of 76 in Wildwood
Alante Oceanfront Motel
Alante Oceanfront Motel
#5 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Sandy Shores Resort? Share your experiences!