“Takes advantage of younger patrons”

Sandy Shores Resort
Ranked #37 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
A TripAdvisor Member
“Takes advantage of younger patrons”
Reviewed 2 July 2006

Refund policy is crazy, hotel owners and managers are rude and un-helpful, and the entire experience was negative. Avoid especially if you are a person between the ages of 18-24 - great prejudice is shown for younger patrons

Stayed June 2006
5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 June 2006

We decided to try out the Sandy shores hotel for a short stay. If I liked the place,I was going to book a week there later in the summer. My first impression of the Sandy shores was that it looked old. But I figured it was well worth a try. At check in the owners were very nice. The paid special attention to my children and gave them floats for the pool. The pool is very nice and kept well. I did notice that for $5 people can swim in the pool without being a guest at the hotel.

We went to our room, but it wasn't ready. The cleaning girls were smoking cigarettes outside of the room and complaining about the owners. Apparently, the owners are pushing the cleaning girls a little hard but pay them poorly. That's what they told me. We left and came back an hour later and the cleaning girls were still there, smoking cigarettes. This time we waited for our room to get finished.

My impression of the room, looks clean, beds are hard and uncomfortable with what seems to be plastic bags under the sheets. And I do mean plastic bags. 19" Tv with cable and the Disney channel, no remote. No safe for valuables. Door looked very flimsy. I found out that the door would unlock just from jigglying the door knob. I did deadbolt the room door at night but it was so cheesey, it would have busted just with a little pressure.

At night the hotel was so noisy, I couldn't sleep. The people above us were partying until about 2 am. Now I like having drinks on vacation as much as anyone. But this partying was really over the top. It was scary knowing that I didn't have a secure lock on the door. The next morning I took a cold shower. There was no hot water.

I noticed that as we left this hotel, there was a room that had a cardboard box in place of a window. My son said it was like that when we checked in. I told the owner when we were checking out that the door wouldn't lock. You can only deadbolt the door from the inside, so if you left the room you couldn't lock the door. He said that it was from the salt water. Now, I will tell you, that wasn't from salt water. The lock was broken. The door knob was loose and it needed to be replaced. I really think repairs are neglected at the Sandy Shores.

This Motel needed a major overhaul. It's a shame because you can tell that the owners are really nice people with good intentions. I would not stay here again. And I really don't like that the owners let non guest swim in their pool for $5. It really wasn't a problem when we were there, but in season I believe it could be a problem. Maybe they are hard up for money.

• Stayed June 2006
14 Thank Deneen L

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Reviewed 27 September 2005

My family and I have been staying at the Jersy Shore now for several years. We heard about this hotel by word of mouth. Everything people have told us is 100% true. The owners are so out going, and incredibly nice. The Employees are very nice. The Family atmosphere is excellent. We have 2 young children, and they had things for the kids to do, and made sure that our stay was a pleasent one. The Maid service was excellent. Clean Towells, and sheets. Unlike other places we have stayed in the rooms are so quiet! We didn't hear anything outside or in the rooms next to us! It was so close to everything we didn't have to drive anywhere! Wawa is only 4 blks. away, Super Fresh is 6 blks. away! Mories Pier is 1 & 1/2 blks. away. Overall I agree with the first. review that this is the BEST hotel in Norh Wildwood. It may not be on the Beach or Board walk, but it's extremly Clean, and Nice. A little walk never hurt anyone!!!! We will be back next year!

• Stayed September 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 September 2005

My family and I have been staying at Jonas and Sals place now for 4 years. Jona and Sal are the owners. They do everything for there Guests to make the stay there GREAT! They go out of there way for you! There are so many Great things to do for the kids. Free Breakfast Poolside Every Morning! Great Rates! and EXCELLENT rooms! All the employees that work for them are very corteous. It is a PLEASURE to stay there.

9 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Chateau Bleu Resort Motel
Chateau Bleu Resort Motel
#31 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood
Island Breeze Motel
Island Breeze Motel
#30 of 76 in Wildwood

Been to Sandy Shores Resort? Share your experiences!