Bird of Paradise Motel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
White Caps Motel(North Wildwood)
Surf Motel(North Wildwood)
View Hotel
Sandy Shores Resort(North Wildwood)
  • Pool
Arlington Hotel(Wildwood)
Lollipop Motel(North Wildwood)
The William Inn(Wildwood)
Cardinal Motel(North Wildwood)
Sunflower Motel(Wildwood)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I decided to go down for a few days for my birthday because I do it every year.. I couldn't really afford to stay this year but because of the price $50 a night I decided to do it because I liked the area. I get here front door is missing the bottom part...bugs are coming in the room at night...bathroom door doesn't open...only 1 socket in the room...pool is cold..no ice machine...The manager was never on premisis...kids were being loud and disruptive in the pool at 12 midnight...might I add is quite dangerous since their railings are about knee level any kid can fall right over the balcony....Sha'll I go on? I accidently left my phone charger on the end table next to my bed as I left because I was charging my phone and went to breakfast..Time was pushing so I grabbed my bags and rushed out without it by mistake...I traveled home and unpacked my bags right away which I usually don't do and noticed that it wasn't gone...then I remembered that I did not ever throw it into my bag....I quickly called to ask the lady to bring it down to the office for me...and she was so ridiculously Lazy that she could not walk up the steps and check the room for me...Now I know they don't check people in that fast because it is September mid week and more people were checking out than in.........She says she will ask her maid about it in the morning and call me right back...she doesn't call me back so I wrote an email...no response...called back and she says she never found it..I say well I guess someone stole it..she says I guess so and rudely hangs up...If she would have walked up the stairs Iwould have gotten it back...Then I get really mad and decide to tell her what I really feel because she is so ignorant that I had it. She hangs up on me and doesn't even try to fix the problem...It was definitely on the table and she waited until it wasn't there to tell me someone stole it but then she says she doesn't believe me and theres nothing she can do about it..... I called the minute I got home...why couldn't she walk her fat self up the stairs and hold it in the office for me? Instead her maids...which obviously don't clean up and check the entire room after checkout...I am extremely disappointed and I believe she owes me a charger since I called before anyone else checked in....there is no excuse for her laziness and may I add she is never on the premisis besides check in and check out to even ask any questions you may have....She is lazy and doesn't care about fixing broken things in her hotel and on the premisis. She does not care people steal from her hotel she is 100% I will not confront my workers....She is wrong.....I really hope she looses her hotel or gets in some trouble for dirtiness because the place folks.......is pure trash.....

Room Tip: Don't stay here you will regret it! Its way more worth it to pay a little more for better service.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I read the reviews before I decided to go with this particular hotel. Some were good, some were average and some were bad...so I took it upon myself and booked the room. We got there before check in and our room was "done" but we weren't able to unpack yet so we went to the boardwalk and came back after about an hour. The room was semi-cleaned..there was crumbs/stuff on the tiled floor, no headboards on the bed, a dead moth stuck on the inside of the window and it just wasn't what I had pictured. The website indicates new upgrades and under new management well..I don't know where they did the upgrades but my room wasn't one of them. We didn't have towels or washclothes until 8:00 p.m. -- they ran out. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone unless you are going there for senior week and don't care what the room looks like or if you have towels. Oh and the complimentary coffee tasted like cardboard -- no cream just milk sitting on ice.

1  Thank swirll82
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My sister and I spend the weekend of 8/17, 8/18 & check out 8/19. This place was the worst place iv'e ever stayed at. When we arrived I stepped out of the car and a stepped on a piece of glass which went through my flip flops (that was the hint to leave then) clean your parking lot. We checked into our room. Turned the only light on and it didn't work, went into the bathroom and there were no bath towels. Did not get any sleep all weekend, yeah it's a family motel, but when is quiet time, kids are running about all nite long and start back up early in the morning. The only new thing about this motel is the pool and mattresses. Oh the shower is made for a very very short person, but the pressure was fine.

We will never stay here again.

1  Thank Grace H
Reviewed 14 August 2012

My boyfriend and I were a little weary after booking here, and reading some of the reviews...

We've both been coming to Wildwood for 20+ summers, and have stayed in a bunch of different places, so I'd like to think we know the good from the bad down the shore.

This motel is wonderful. It's a block and a half from the boardwalk (at Gateway 26 Arcade & Sam's Pizza) and the beach at Morey's Pier, while not my favorite on the island, was perfectly clean and enjoyable! We had a regular motel room, with 2 double beds. The room was huge. There was a mini-fridge, a microwave, a table and chairs and an hutch with a TV. Was it a 32" flat panel TV? No. Did it have plenty of cable channels for rainy-day watching? Yes.

The bathroom was a little out-dated, but extremely clean. Sheets and towels were white and immaculate. The pool was SUPER clean, as was the pool area.

Check in was super-easy and the woman at the desk was a sweetheart. There is free coffee every morning by the pool - excellent!

Parking was extremely tight. We got a spot when we checked in & never moved the car our entire stay. It was a little tricking getting out of the lot. Prepare to back out! And walking through the parked cars to get to the room was annoying - but they do offer parking at their sister hotel which is a block away.

The place is very laid-back, and family friendly. The management doesn't breathe down your neck like they do at some of the other motels in the area, but it's not a free-for-all. Very family friendly spot.

I would definitely come back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2012

We just got back from a 4 night stay at the Bird Of Paradise motel and I was more than pleased.The room was clean and the service was excellent. Kim at the front desk could not be more pleasant.The pool was clean and very well kept.The location is awesome- it is a block and a half from Boardwalk .I would stay again at this motel in a heartbeat.Thank you for making our stay enjoyable.