“Find Somewhere else: Do not waist your money”

Bird of Paradise Motel
Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
NY
“Find Somewhere else: Do not waist your money”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Horrible. No other way to say it. First off our air-conditioner was broken for my the entire stay (in June 80 degree weather). Asked them about 5 different times to fix it and it never happened. Second, THEY CONFISCATED ALL OF OUR ALCOHOL. $180 worth NO JOKE. They told us we can either give them our alcohol or be kicked out and took some others who WERE OF AGE. They then began to search my room not too long after which i don't even know if is legal... The security guard dumped someones beer into the pool because they were drinking outside, and the pool just seemed filthy, I didn't even go in it. Besides the people at the front desk, everyone else were rude and non-friendly. I wouldn't stay at this place again unless it was the absolute last available room on the jersey shore.

Room Tip: If you do happen to go here, there aren't really ideal locations since it is not very big, but m...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sean J

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Rooms- The rooms were cool. When we got there into our room, we saw we had a closet 2 double beds, 1 twin bed, and profanity written on the bathroom door. the front office was so kind about it! They gave us a suite that was triple the size for the same price! Location- Great location! About a 5 minute walk to the closest pier. Great veiw of fireworks!
Overall- Great stay and Great Job to all staff members at Bird of Paradise! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Room B or Room D are the best rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laxgirl223
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We've made many trips to Wildwood this summer and the majority (all but one) of our stays have been at Bird of Paradise. Hotel is clean, beds are comfortable, bathroom is tidy and the location is fantastic! The best part is that they have always worked with us no matter what. Whether we were staying one night or three they were very accommodating and helpful. Our most recent stay was Firemen's Weekend which was a nice farewell to the boardwalk and other aspects of summer. We haven't had any issues with this hotel and in fact recommend it to everyone as its affordable with a great location. Can't complain!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Morrisville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My girlfriend and I just got back from Irish Weekend. I was reading some of the reviews and had to comment myself. We knew we wanted a cheap motel. The plan was to drink all weekend. All the guests were there for the same reason and were awesome to hang out with. The staff was pleasant and our room was fine. You look for a cheap place to stay and you get it. If you're main concern is a little rust in the sink or other guests being loud and having fun, stay somewhere else. The staff was very accomodating to me. We wound up leaving late lastnight (I caught a stomach bug) and I forgot to finish paying them. I called first thing this morning and am squaring it away. They were very understanding and sorry I wasnt feeling well. I dont know any other place that would give a crap how I felt n just wanted their $ do you? Overall, we went to drink and party and got just that. Had a blast and will miss some of the other guests who partied with us :) To Irish Weekend and The Paradise staff, we will be returning next year for sure. Thx!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 15 September 2012 via mobile

I think all dissatisfied patrons should get together for a lawsuit against this motel getting our money back from the disgust that we had to deal with while staying at this motel. I'm still very upset about my stay at this motel I think if the lawsuit goes through we will be reimbursed for our stay and see this establishment shut down before they cause anymore harm to families. I think it should be against the law for a company to treat their patrons like this and get away with it. Somebody needs to step in immediately and shut this place down

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank jbfiles

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Stowe
Reviewed 10 September 2012

Just spent Bike Weekend (Roar to the Shore) at Bird of Paradise. Staff was friendly and very accommodating to our needs as we trailored our business and bike to the event. Room was clean, plenty of towels, and the air conditioner worked fine. Great location, 1 block from boardwalk, restaurant across the street, 6 blocks from all the action yet far away from the bars that it was not too noisy to sleep. Will be back next year.

Room Tip: Remember: you get what you pay for and this is a shore motel. We were on 2nd floor Room 15.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I decided to go down for a few days for my birthday because I do it every year.. I couldn't really afford to stay this year but because of the price $50 a night I decided to do it because I liked the area. I get here front door is missing the bottom part...bugs are coming in the room at night...bathroom door doesn't open...only 1 socket in the room...pool is cold..no ice machine...The manager was never on premisis...kids were being loud and disruptive in the pool at 12 midnight...might I add is quite dangerous since their railings are about knee level any kid can fall right over the balcony....Sha'll I go on? I accidently left my phone charger on the end table next to my bed as I left because I was charging my phone and went to breakfast..Time was pushing so I grabbed my bags and rushed out without it by mistake...I traveled home and unpacked my bags right away which I usually don't do and noticed that it wasn't gone...then I remembered that I did not ever throw it into my bag....I quickly called to ask the lady to bring it down to the office for me...and she was so ridiculously Lazy that she could not walk up the steps and check the room for me...Now I know they don't check people in that fast because it is September mid week and more people were checking out than in.........She says she will ask her maid about it in the morning and call me right back...she doesn't call me back so I wrote an email...no response...called back and she says she never found it..I say well I guess someone stole it..she says I guess so and rudely hangs up...If she would have walked up the stairs Iwould have gotten it back...Then I get really mad and decide to tell her what I really feel because she is so ignorant that I had it. She hangs up on me and doesn't even try to fix the problem...It was definitely on the table and she waited until it wasn't there to tell me someone stole it but then she says she doesn't believe me and theres nothing she can do about it..... I called the minute I got home...why couldn't she walk her fat self up the stairs and hold it in the office for me? Instead her maids...which obviously don't clean up and check the entire room after checkout...I am extremely disappointed and I believe she owes me a charger since I called before anyone else checked in....there is no excuse for her laziness and may I add she is never on the premisis besides check in and check out to even ask any questions you may have....She is lazy and doesn't care about fixing broken things in her hotel and on the premisis. She does not care people steal from her hotel she is 100% I will not confront my workers....She is wrong.....I really hope she looses her hotel or gets in some trouble for dirtiness because the place folks.......is pure trash.....

Room Tip: Don't stay here you will regret it! Its way more worth it to pay a little more for better servic...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family