“"STAY AWAY"”

Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Walnutport, Pennsylvania, United States
“"STAY AWAY"”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have been going to Wildwood for the last 15 years and have stayed at a lot of motels there. We tried this motel this year(2013) and it was the worst place we ever stayed in Wildwood. The room was very dirty, bugs in the room, hair and stains on the bed sheets, no curtains on the windows, so the light from outside just shines in the room all night. The pictures on line look nothing like the rooms there, I am not sure where they took those pictures.The whole motel was teenage kids drinking all night long and be very loud. We asked for our money back to go to another motel after the first night and they would not refund me any of my money. On the third day there, a bunch of drunk kids started fighting and cursing real loud and I am not sure what really happened but there were cops all over the motel for a few hours. NOT a nice place to take a family on a beach vacation. On the third day we just left the motel. Stay away from this place, it is a dump and there are many other nice motels to stay in Wildwood.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jason F

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband, my 15 month old daughter, my parents and I stayed in one of their rooms. It was extremely dirty. There was dust, dirt and mold in the bathroom, on top of the air conditioner, on top of the furniture. It was filthy. The maid didn't seem to care to clean much at all. It smelled terrible. Honestly, it was the first time we came and the absolute last time we ever come to this motel. There was a couple and another family next door to us that hated their rooms and agreed that it was filthy. Another family found broken glass in the bed. Worst motel in wildwood! and I have been going to wildwood for more than 8 years and stayed in many places. This was a last minute decision and they were the only ones available for the Fourth of July. Save your money and do nottttt come here. It was a terrible experience and a disgusting place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Emina K

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Prospect Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

This place is only fit for teenagers who are trying to party. Mysterious stains all over ceiling above beds.. Unchanged sandy, stained sheets from the previous renter. Teenage boys relieving themselves over the balcony. Holes in walls. Sand, hair and other strange things in the shower. When we complained, the staff was very unfriendly and felt it necessary to curse at their paying patrons. Pool- couldnt pay me enough money swim in it.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Stotch28
NY
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Horrible. No other way to say it. First off our air-conditioner was broken for my the entire stay (in June 80 degree weather). Asked them about 5 different times to fix it and it never happened. Second, THEY CONFISCATED ALL OF OUR ALCOHOL. $180 worth NO JOKE. They told us we can either give them our alcohol or be kicked out and took some others who WERE OF AGE. They then began to search my room not too long after which i don't even know if is legal... The security guard dumped someones beer into the pool because they were drinking outside, and the pool just seemed filthy, I didn't even go in it. Besides the people at the front desk, everyone else were rude and non-friendly. I wouldn't stay at this place again unless it was the absolute last available room on the jersey shore.

Room Tip: If you do happen to go here, there aren't really ideal locations since it is not very big, but m...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sean J
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Rooms- The rooms were cool. When we got there into our room, we saw we had a closet 2 double beds, 1 twin bed, and profanity written on the bathroom door. the front office was so kind about it! They gave us a suite that was triple the size for the same price! Location- Great location! About a 5 minute walk to the closest pier. Great veiw of fireworks!
Overall- Great stay and Great Job to all staff members at Bird of Paradise! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Room B or Room D are the best rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laxgirl223
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We've made many trips to Wildwood this summer and the majority (all but one) of our stays have been at Bird of Paradise. Hotel is clean, beds are comfortable, bathroom is tidy and the location is fantastic! The best part is that they have always worked with us no matter what. Whether we were staying one night or three they were very accommodating and helpful. Our most recent stay was Firemen's Weekend which was a nice farewell to the boardwalk and other aspects of summer. We haven't had any issues with this hotel and in fact recommend it to everyone as its affordable with a great location. Can't complain!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Morrisville, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 23 September 2012

My girlfriend and I just got back from Irish Weekend. I was reading some of the reviews and had to comment myself. We knew we wanted a cheap motel. The plan was to drink all weekend. All the guests were there for the same reason and were awesome to hang out with. The staff was pleasant and our room was fine. You look for a cheap place to stay and you get it. If you're main concern is a little rust in the sink or other guests being loud and having fun, stay somewhere else. The staff was very accomodating to me. We wound up leaving late lastnight (I caught a stomach bug) and I forgot to finish paying them. I called first thing this morning and am squaring it away. They were very understanding and sorry I wasnt feeling well. I dont know any other place that would give a crap how I felt n just wanted their $ do you? Overall, we went to drink and party and got just that. Had a blast and will miss some of the other guests who partied with us :) To Irish Weekend and The Paradise staff, we will be returning next year for sure. Thx!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
#29 of 76 in Wildwood
Lollipop Motel
Lollipop Motel
#2 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Bird of Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!