“this place is a dump!”

Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“this place is a dump!”
Reviewed 8 July 2013

When I checked in I couldn't stay with my toddler because the air conditioner wasn't working. I was able to stay with a friend for the night somewhere else(thankfully). I went back the next morning and the air conditioner still wasn't working. I was told the manager would look into it but it wasn't fixed until the next day. I also had to park two blocks away because the lot was full...ridiculous considering I had a two year old with me.The room was FILTHY...the maids never came to change the sheets or take out the trash. The shower curtain was moldy and the outlets are barely hanging on...It was without a doubt the most disgusting place I have ever stayed in. The manager Kim showed up when we were checking out but was no where to be seen the rest of our time there. I asked for a refund and she wouldn't even look me in the when she said no. I would tell everyone this place is a dump and do not stay there. We paid a lot of money to stay there and we could have paid less at a MUCH NICER HOTEL....DO NOT STAY HERE I am doing everyone a favor by writing this review-trust me

Room Tip: don't stay here....I wish I had pictures but I don't
4 Thank colleen c

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Walnutport, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We have been going to Wildwood for the last 15 years and have stayed at a lot of motels there. We tried this motel this year(2013) and it was the worst place we ever stayed in Wildwood. The room was very dirty, bugs in the room, hair and stains on the bed sheets, no curtains on the windows, so the light from outside just shines in the room all night. The pictures on line look nothing like the rooms there, I am not sure where they took those pictures.The whole motel was teenage kids drinking all night long and be very loud. We asked for our money back to go to another motel after the first night and they would not refund me any of my money. On the third day there, a bunch of drunk kids started fighting and cursing real loud and I am not sure what really happened but there were cops all over the motel for a few hours. NOT a nice place to take a family on a beach vacation. On the third day we just left the motel. Stay away from this place, it is a dump and there are many other nice motels to stay in Wildwood.

2 Thank Jason F

Travellers are raving about these North Wildwood hotels

Budd Lake, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 July 2013

My husband, my 15 month old daughter, my parents and I stayed in one of their rooms. It was extremely dirty. There was dust, dirt and mold in the bathroom, on top of the air conditioner, on top of the furniture. It was filthy. The maid didn't seem to care to clean much at all. It smelled terrible. Honestly, it was the first time we came and the absolute last time we ever come to this motel. There was a couple and another family next door to us that hated their rooms and agreed that it was filthy. Another family found broken glass in the bed. Worst motel in wildwood! and I have been going to wildwood for more than 8 years and stayed in many places. This was a last minute decision and they were the only ones available for the Fourth of July. Save your money and do nottttt come here. It was a terrible experience and a disgusting place to stay.

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
1 Thank Emina K
Prospect Park, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

This place is only fit for teenagers who are trying to party. Mysterious stains all over ceiling above beds.. Unchanged sandy, stained sheets from the previous renter. Teenage boys relieving themselves over the balcony. Holes in walls. Sand, hair and other strange things in the shower. When we complained, the staff was very unfriendly and felt it necessary to curse at their paying patrons. Pool- couldnt pay me enough money swim in it.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Stotch28
NY
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Horrible. No other way to say it. First off our air-conditioner was broken for my the entire stay (in June 80 degree weather). Asked them about 5 different times to fix it and it never happened. Second, THEY CONFISCATED ALL OF OUR ALCOHOL. $180 worth NO JOKE. They told us we can either give them our alcohol or be kicked out and took some others who WERE OF AGE. They then began to search my room not too long after which i don't even know if is legal... The security guard dumped someones beer into the pool because they were drinking outside, and the pool just seemed filthy, I didn't even go in it. Besides the people at the front desk, everyone else were rude and non-friendly. I wouldn't stay at this place again unless it was the absolute last available room on the jersey shore.

Room Tip: If you do happen to go here, there aren't really ideal locations since it is not very big, but m...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sean J
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Rooms- The rooms were cool. When we got there into our room, we saw we had a closet 2 double beds, 1 twin bed, and profanity written on the bathroom door. the front office was so kind about it! They gave us a suite that was triple the size for the same price! Location- Great location! About a 5 minute walk to the closest pier. Great veiw of fireworks!
Overall- Great stay and Great Job to all staff members at Bird of Paradise! Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Room B or Room D are the best rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Laxgirl223
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 October 2012

We've made many trips to Wildwood this summer and the majority (all but one) of our stays have been at Bird of Paradise. Hotel is clean, beds are comfortable, bathroom is tidy and the location is fantastic! The best part is that they have always worked with us no matter what. Whether we were staying one night or three they were very accommodating and helpful. Our most recent stay was Firemen's Weekend which was a nice farewell to the boardwalk and other aspects of summer. We haven't had any issues with this hotel and in fact recommend it to everyone as its affordable with a great location. Can't complain!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
#29 of 76 in Wildwood
Lollipop Motel
Lollipop Motel
#2 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Bird of Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!