“Perfect for Wildwood”

Bird of Paradise Motel
Ranked #39 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 31 July 2013

For Wildwood, this hotel is exactly what you need. My friends and I were there for the Wildwood Beach Ultimate Frisbee tournament and we shared two rooms between us. The rooms weren't especially nice, but they seemed clean and big enough for us to share. The pool was a great bonus and the hotel is in a fantastic location right by the boardwalk. Staying here was cheap and convenient and the people who worked there were very accommodating. Definitely a very solid Wildwood option.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 July 2013

My family and I stayed for a couple of days. We enjoyed our stay here alot. The employees were very courteous, friendly and helpful. The room and the grounds were very clean as wellasthe pool. I would definately recommend this place to anyone looking to stay in wildwood.
We had a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We've been staying here for years! Great place, great pool, close to the beach and affordable! My kids love it... Saturday is make your own Ice Cream Sundae Night!! Very family oriented!! The management is very friendly and always available. Try it out! You won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Overall stay away. Story continues.
Booked for Soccer Beach Blast to occur 6/28 to 7/1 for web
listed price of $143/day in January 2013. Got a "confirmed" reservation,
not detailed, in march which amounted to $174/day. Ask by email at that
time what happed to $143/night, and got an irrelevant response (asked
about # of people). After confusing conversation on 6/29 with manager,
she lowered it to $166/night and stated "Due to special event, we have a
higher price, which was indicated in the web site. I called a rep in
February who stated me the price and said nothing about "special events".
The manager stated he no longer works for the hotel and that the
statement I got was not confirmed. Further contact with management stated
to me that there was nothing they could do about it.
In any case, there is little positive about this hotel. Parking is
horrible (not enough space for the # of rooms). I had to park in a
provided space in a house 1 block away. Ice machine was not working.
Management was not present most of the time on-site to deal with issues.
Bedding was terrible (no mattress cover on mattresses, only sheets. Door
security was minimal push button lock, easily defeated. Noisy old A/C.
Old CRT TV's. Only 1 key allowed/room.
Only positive was the maid service was adequate and the location 1-2
blocks from board walk.

Room Tip: Don't go.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Robin P
Reviewed 19 July 2013

What was supposed to be enjoyable and relaxing turned into the beach being the only enjoyable thing about my vacation. I'll start off by saying the parking lot is WAYY tight (so hopefully your car is small). Once I got my key I went to unlock it and I really had to push the door hard for it to even open. Getting in I noticed a funk smell so my guess was the floors were cleaned with a dirty mop and water? The floors were barely clean. The closet had no doors like it does in the pictures. If you look closely by the shower you can see dirt along the outside of it and around the toilet. It was nice to see a pair of sandals under the one bed proving that they don't look under the beds. That evening I could barely sleep due to the light outside by the little table it was on all night with no way of turning off. The next day it was really hot so I figured to keep the AC on to cool off the room and I'm guessing due to moisture the outlet where it was plugged in at is right by the main door and the outlet sparked. No AC the first night which was no fun AT ALL! The next day it took them all morning to fix it so at least I can't complain about it again. 2 other rooms lost electric so no one seemed happy.There were a ton of plates, cups, and bowls but there was one spoon and fork? Hmm guess they didn't check the kitchen drawers. The housekeepers couldn't speak English very well it was a nightmare asking for towels. I look back and feel stupid for paying the price I paid for all that but if your looking to have a good time in a dumpy hotel this could be for you.

Reviewed 17 July 2013

First off, the pictures on this website make it look good. It looks nothing like the pictures. The colors of the room area nightmare and there are no curtains on the windows and the light just shines in aaallll night. The floor was dirty, the bed sheets had stains, and the smell wasn't exactly satisfying. It is way over priced for what you are paying. One of the lazy staff literally leaned her butt up against our window and sat on our ledge right as we got settled in the room. Never again

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank flyers1288
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Had a great time here with my wife and kids last year and we decided to go back this year...what a mess. There was dust on ventilator, ac, walls and what especially got on my nerves is the broken glass underneath my bed and finding underwear from a previous renter underneath the other bed. You pay so much for a room...it's not like I'm expecting absolute luxury but next time I'll spend a little more and go elsewhere! Not the ideal place with a 3 and 4 year old!

3  Thank jjs711