“Needs UpDate BADLY!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #40 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Philly Pa
“Needs UpDate BADLY!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2008

I didnt expect much, with the money I was paying but....
The shower head was so broke water came out fifty different places, and the bottom of tub was stained so bad, I wore my flip flops in it.

Curtains on windows THAT did have them are all broke.. No vent or window opening in bathroom, with NO curtain!
Couldn't shut door alll the way. so it stayed unlocked all nite.
It is so OLD!!! It needs a update REAL badddddd.

The help looked like they were hired from a rehad.

One thing tho...I did like most my neighbors, and Roseann is very nice, she dont miss one thing but, thats her job.

I think next year I WILL pay the extra $50. for a cleaner nicer place!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — dirtiness
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Blue Bell, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2008

Well I do not know what the first reviewer was talking about. I love the Wildwoods. I took a last minute trip to Wildwood last July 2007. After looking at a few motels we stumbled on "The Bird of Paradise". Rosanne greeted us as we walked into the office. Couldn't of met a friendlier person. She was so helpful. She made sure to tell us that every Friday night; there are fireworks on the beach, directly down from her hotel. I was going to go to the beach to see them and she said I would be able to see them perfectly from the hotel. We were on the 2nd floor and she was correct. I also liked that she watched the going's on. It kept people in check. It was quiet at night, probably thanks to her making her rounds. We even hanged out with her by the pool. We were given a choice of rooms available too. That was cool. After our first stay we went back for another weekend. I will definitely visit this year. By the way, The workers there were so friendly. Rosanne, I don't know if you read these or not, but keep up the great work!
Matt, JoAnne, Steve (Block) and Louise.

Stayed July 2007
new jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2007

We have stayed at this hotel for a few years now and have always enjoyed it. We intend to return next year. The rooms are very clean and so is the pool and all of the common areas. The atmosphere is relaxed and comfortable and it is only a block from the boardwalk and beach The ideal situation! Plus who can resist their trademark neon sign!

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank hdsglide
PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2007

I went down to Wildwood knowing that we were staying at a shore motel, so my expectations were not that high. When we arrived at the Bird of Paradise, we were happily surprised to see that it looked like a decent place to stay.

We went into the office and was greeted by Roseanne who was friendly to us. Our room, was a standard motel room. It is an older motel, but our room was CLEAN. That is what is important to me. I bring my own sheets and blankets but ended up using the sheets on the bed since they were clean and fresh. The blankets we put on the floor and used our own.

We did notice that Roseanne did watch ALL the comings and goings, but the was fine with us - it keeps out people that are not paying to stay there. And it keeps all the riff-raff out.

The pool was decent. It was heated and it had a kiddie section forr my girls to play in. Roseanne did make sure to catch us as we went in to see if we did shower off before juming in. She watches all!

It is a GREAT location. Just a block or two from the boarwalk. We will stay here again.

• Liked — Location Location Location
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank my2girlsPa
Philadelphia,PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2006

After a terrible week at work I decided a quick getaway was needed...so I went on line to search for a "clean" looking motel in the Wildwoods. I came upon the Bird of Paradise and liked the picture on-line so I called. I spoke to a nice man, Phil who told me about his motel and what the amenities were. After talking to Phil for about 5 minutes, I booked a 3 day stay for myself, my husband and 2 small children. We arrived on Thursday evening and were checked in by a pleasent women, Rosanne, who was able to tell us about the area, what to do, where was "freebie" stuff to do with the children, the zoo was fabulous, and then explained about the boardwalk and where the best kiddie rides were because we have small children.
We had a 1 room effic. on the second floor which was very clean and large enough for our needs.
The motel is located near everything from the beach and boardwalk to restaurants and shopping, we even were able to walk to church services on Sunday.
My children were in love with the 2 puppies in the office, Kisses and Rigatoni and no matter how many times I stopped in to ask a question, Rosanne was able to answer and give me directions on how to get there and wether or not we would need to drive.
We stopped at the zoo on the way home which made our stay all the more happier. It was a beautiful weekend, the weather was great and the motel pool was so refreshing. We will be back and I will tell my friends and family to go there whenever they go to the shore.
The Bird of Paradise is a family friendly welcoming motel were you are made to feel like family.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — could not stay longer
  • Tips/Secrets — call rather then go by the prices on-line. They are willing to make a better deal.
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank RoeRoe
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2006

DISGUSTING!!!! Bird of Paradise is a royal DUMP!

I booked this motel just from viewing the site. I should have known it was going to be trouble when I found no reviews about this place. Which is why I am writing this one...

I booked the one bedroom "suite" for myself, sister, mother, neice and nephew and infant. When I called I asked if the "suite" would accomodate 4 adults and one child (infant to sleep in pack and play). I was assured that the "suite" would fit six adults comfortably. Well I reserved the room at $200.00 per night mid-week.

When we arrived I knew from the outside that it was a dump. My goodness!!! The pool was smaller than my bathtub... the parking area was cramped. When I checked in I did not even get a smile much less eye contact from the very rude woman behind the desk. Then on the way to the room I saw the cleaning crew. It was Meth Head central at this place!!! Everyone that worked there looked like they just got out of prison and was on a Meth binge.

The room!!! Oh my god! First off the living room was smaller that my foyer at home. And the entire place was covered in wall to wall carpeting!!! Carpeting in a beach motel!!! How disgusting! We could in now way let my 12 month old daughter crawl on the disgusting floor!!! Then the horrible bathroom had bath rugs on the flooor, you know the kind that everyone has in their home? And the bath rugs were actually shag!!! GROSS!!! We took those rugs and threw them under the bed!

The the bed linens had stains on them and smelled! Thank goodness we had the mind to pack our own sheets! We ended up spraying the entire place down with bleach. The room was so cramped with all of us in it that we stayed out of the room as much as possible!

Now onto Wildwood itself!!! First off... unless you have kids, don't even bother going to Wildwood. The place is swarming with trailor trash... obviously their place for vacation! And watch out for the Meth heads that work at the motels that are complete dumps as well.

I was in trailor trash hell for four days. I had to take a hot shower when I got home. Morey's Pier is the ONLY saving grace of Wildwoods.
If you have any class about yourself... stay in Cape May.

7 Thank NewYorker4Life

Chateau Bleu Resort Motel
Chateau Bleu Resort Motel
#32 of 41 in North Wildwood
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwalk
Howard Johnson Wildwood Boardwal...
#39 of 41 in North Wildwood

Been to Bird of Paradise Motel? Share your experiences!