“Great place & Super Owners”
Review of Condor Motel

Condor Motel
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
gtz1992
“Great place & Super Owners”
Reviewed 27 August 2010

What can I say, Frank, Cathy & Natashia are amazing owners! They always make are stay an enjoyable one! They rooms are clean, the pool is great, the housemaids are polite. Beach & boards are are skip away.
I should keep the place under wraps & to myself but they desire all the praise and customers they can get. Reserve ealy!!! My room is already booked !! see you next year!

Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank gtz1992

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
philadelphia
Reviewed 26 August 2010

Just got back from another great weekend at the condor motel and going back down on labor day weekend. The motel is only steps from the beach and the boardwalk. The pool is crystal clear and clean. They have a large sundeck with good view of the ocean, they also have large grills and a hospitality room with coffee in the morning. The owners and staff always make our stay pleasant and enjoyable. We always stay in the type 6 room as we have family and friends that come down for a night or two. The rooms are clean comfotable. Tom and Glenn.

• Stayed August 2010
dk2004
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I booked this motel after reading all the positive reviews and I must say I am astonished anyone would rate this establishment so highly. The room we were in smelled like mold and the sheets were damp and smelled of mildew. The "full kitchen" did not even have a coffee pot...it had a percalator instead. The pool didn't open until 10am even though there was never a life guard there. I stayed with my family and my 5 month old. I was afraid to put her down anywhere in the room because of how filthy and smelly the room was. In the bedroom there is a huge window with no curtains so at night there is so much light steaming in it is hard to sleep. I will say the location of the motel is nice, but that doesn't make up for all it's other issues.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank dk2004
caterina13, Owner at Condor Motel, responded to this review, 29 August 2010
We understand you are entitled to your opinion but we feel we should address your issues with the motel. After our guest check out and prior to new guest arriving, all rooms are thoroughly cleaned with bleach and cleaning products. The linens are changed and replaced with clean ones. We would never allow our guest to check into a room that is dirty, smelly or moldy. Our head housekeeper, employed with us for 4 years, inspects every room prior to allowing any guest to check in. All bedrooms have vertical blinds or curtains on the window, depending on the unit. Rooms with “full kitchens” are our three bedroom units and they do have coffee makers. Rooms with “kitchenette” have percolators (which is a perk coffee pot). Plus, we provide complimentary coffee in our hospitality room for our quests every morning. The pool opens at 10am as a courtesy to our quest with rooms around the pool area and to allow time for proper cleaning. The state law of New Jersey does not require a lifeguard for a pool of our size.
It is unfortunate you felt you had an unpleasant stay.
Connecticut
Reviewed 25 August 2010

This is my third stay at the Condor and I have to say that the charm is wearing off. The place is pretty clean, but VERY dated. We had to walk up three flights of stairs (not a problem for us) and that could be problematic for those not able to climb stairs. Lugging the luggage up was a challenge. The beds were VERY uncomfortable and the rooms in general need some refreshing. The maid service is satisfactory, though the maid threw away returnable cans that were no where near the garbage and that was annoying. I'm going to consider different lodging next time.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
Tamaqua, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 August 2010

My husband and I took our 17 year old daughter and her best friend. We loved the location in North Wildwood at the end of the boardwalk. Seems to be a much cleaner and safer area than farther South in the main part of Wildwood. There were some great places to eat breakfast close by, and great bars in North Wildwood for us to go to at night while the girls were asleep. We stayed in two different rooms and preferred the rooms on the opposite side of the pool, as they were larger and had a larger dining table and kitchen. You can go over to the pool side anytime and sit on the spacious deck. The pool saved me from heat stroke one day... I barely made it back from the beach in time. The place was extremely clean, and they have a vent system to pull the air conditioning from one bedroom to another. The price was the best part, and I called at least ten other hotels before I booked here. The family that runs this motel gives you pleasant and great service and is on any problem in speedy fast time. I was glad I booked here.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
caterina13, Owner at Condor Motel, responded to this review, 29 August 2010
Glad you enjoyed your stay at our motel and the Wildwoods. Great pictures. Look forward to having you spend future vacations with us.
Hamilton, NJ
Reviewed 3 August 2010

My family and I have been going to the Condor Motel for the past 5 years. Every year as we are preparing to leave and while we are driving to it, we always said “We’re going HOME”. And each and every one of us truly means this. This motel is extremely clean and a great place for the buck. It has a pool, which is great when you have young children. It allows the children to have fun and play with other guests’ children, as the parents have time to relax. Unlike the beach, where you need to watch your child’s every step. If you decide you want to go to the beach, it will take you all but 5 minutes to walk down to the ocean. We will hang at the pool and then mid day decide we want to go spend an hour at the beach. We grab our tools and within 5 minutes we are in the ocean. An hour later, we grab the towels and head back to the pool. The location is so convenient. It is steps from the boardwalk and beach. The Condor offers different room types based on your family size and what your needs are. For instance, if you want to save some money, it offers rooms with small kitchens with the basic needs, refrigerator, stove, microwave, utensils, silverware, dishes, but, no ovens. It offers two grills which are shared among all guests. We grill almost every night and we never have a problem. The owners, Cathy, Frank and their daughter, Natasha are great people. They strive to make you feel as close to home as possible. They are all very personable. They have become part of our family. My family and I always want the same room, and Cathy, Natasha and Frank make sure we get it. In our records, the specific room is in “flaming red”. They have never let us down. We go the same week every year and we have made good friends with other families that go every year, the same week as us. We have become such good friends with these other families that we communicated through out the year. All in all, this motel is beautifully located, cheap, clean and friendly and comes highly recommended. If I had millions of dollars, I would still stay here. I would just rent my specific room for the entire summer and I know Cathy, Frank and Natasha would let me. This year we had a couple of our friends and their families come down for a few days and they all booked for next year for an entire week. Wildwood is a great family vacation and The Condor is a great place to stay. Now, you need to realize it is not the Ritz, but it is a comfy, cozy, clean and friendly place. In a nutshell, it is HOME!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
caterina13, Manager at Condor Motel, responded to this review, 10 August 2010
HOME is exactly how we want all our guest to feel when they stay here. Thanks for the great review. We strive to accommodate everyone's needs so they feel right at home and become part of our family every year.
owego
Reviewed 27 July 2010

Reviewed many sites and trip advisors prior to booking. Very happy with the office side of the motel, could not hear neighbors when in the room. The pool side was noisier, ok if you have children that would use the pool. Room had the amenities required and was roomy enough for two, bed was not real comfortable but sufficient. Was very impressed that it was at the end of the boardwalk and close to many restaurants and shops, plus close to the beach. Would definitely stay here again, and highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple