“Family fun”
Review of Sandpiper Motel

Sandpiper Motel
Ranked #11 of 41 Hotels in North Wildwood
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Our family has visited the Sandpiper Motel June 2014.We stayed on the first floor which had a nice kitchenette with a full size refrigerator,the place was very clean!We enjoyed the staff and all of the friendly people there.We had a blast and next year we will be staying a week instead if just a few days!

1  Thank Jennifer G
KathyCr1007, Manager at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

A special thanks for noticing how nice all our guests are! We would love to have you stay for a week next year. Please make your reservation in February or March as our Family Specials go quickly. We hope to see you next year! Kathy

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I can't say enough how much I enjoy coming to Sandpiper every year with my family. A pleasant atmosphere surrounds the motel, which is family owned and run. The motel is located in an excellent location only one block away from the beach and boardwalk. A very clean and well maintained establishment along with always friendly and helpful staff(Kathy and her wonderful family) that will go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful Jersey shore experience. I live in Colorado and have been coming to the Sandpiper for years and look forward to coming to the Sandpiper for many years to come.

Room Tip: I will enjoy getting a room on the top floor for the nice view.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KathyCr1007, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Hi John!

I told our staff that you appreciated their service and they just smiled from ear to ear! Take my word for it when I tell you housekeeping is hard work. We were honored that you mentioned their efforts on Trip Advisor!

It's always so nice to have you and Madison stay with us. You're like family!

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at the Sandpiper Motel during the Beach Blast weekend. The room I had was on the third floor (5C) when I sat outside the room it had an Ocean view. The room was clean and it had a full size refrigerator and microwave. The staff were very friendly and made you feel very welcome. I would definitely stay here again. The location was great, you just cross the street walk a short block and your at the beginning of the boardwalk at 16th street.

Room Tip: bring an electrical surge strip.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
KathyCr1007, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and recommending guests bring a surge protector strip. I, too, love the view from 5C. We are looking forward to having you stay with us next year, Margaret!

Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

Upon arriving you feel like you're at home. Check in quick, rooms super clean and smells fantastic. I have never had a carpeted room smell so fresh and clean. Little things make a whole lot of difference such as shower curtain being changed daily, plenty of towels, impeccable service and great location. If I could rate this place 15/10 I would. Kathy the owner has maintained an affordable and family like hotel. I was beyond impressed and will definitely return.

• Stayed: June 2014

Having guests feel at home is exactly what I strive for which is why I am smiling from ear to ear as I write this response! :) Thanks!!!

One of our projects over the winter will be to tile the third floor making the entire motel carpet free. Although our carpets are professionally cleaned, tile is much more sanitary making me more at ease!

Thank you again for your review. It will be our pleasure to have you stay with us the next time your in the Wildwoods.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

Having stayed here for the past 6 years, I cannot rave enough about the Sandpiper. Kathy and her daughter and niece and staff are so hospitable. Not to mention how wonderfully kept the rooms are. So clean, sometimes you take it for granted

I recently was going to book a last minute and was going to stay somewhere else other than the Sandpiper, I thought to myself I have to stay at the Sandpiper because I know what to expect and will be very happy.

This motel is family orientated and located on a quiet street. Close to the boardwalk, beach and other restaurants.

Do not read the negative reviews because they are not true!!!

Thanks again Kathy!

Jess W.

• Stayed: June 2014
KathyCr1007, Owner at Sandpiper Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Hi Jess!

Your positive review of the Sandpiper is greatly appreciated. Knowing you take clean rooms for granted means we're doing our job! No one should ever wonder if they booked at a "clean" motel.

We hope to see you for many years to come!

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We have stayed at the Sandpiper for the last 10 years, it is the cleanest most well run motel I have stayed at. My family has come to Wildwood for 30 years and I am sorry we didn't find this gem sooner. Kathy, her family and staff go above and beyond to make your stay a great experience. She values the fact that people deserve a clean, quiet, well equipped place to stay. In today's economy that trait is priceless.

Room Tip: Close to beach and boards, any room is convenient. Each year they do upgrades to facilities.

Hello Judy!

Our philosophy is to give our guests exactly what we expect while on vacation which is a clean, quiet, up-kept motel. We value our guests and understand they want the biggest bang for their buck. That is one of the reasons we have Family Specials. They allow families to vacation at a discounted rate.

We always enjoy having you and "the girls" stay with us and look forward to your next visit! Thank you for your review. Your opinion matters!

Reviewed 23 September 2013

Had a great time at the Sandpiper for Irish Weekend 2013. The room was so clean, Kathy is so nice and goes out of her way to make you feel at home. The only negative things I have to say is the pillows were not very comfortable and we had an issue with the rooms air conditioner but within 2 minutes it was taken care of, I would absolutely recommend this motel and will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends