“I will not be stopping back. Ever.”
Review of Birch Grove Park

Birch Grove Park
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Northfield
Birch Grove Park
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I would not camp here again. I've tented plenty of times before and never had such an experience. We rented a tent site with electricity and water for 2 nights. We set up our tent and went to the bathroom right after, only to find absolutely horrifying bathrooms. I actually had to clean of my own seat because it had dirt and dead bugs on and in it. The sink had the same in it. I looked into the shower only to decide that I was either not taking a shower while I was there or I was going to be paying a bathhouse to use their shower on the beach. There was what looked like orange mold climbing up the walls and clearly no cleaning had been done.
Anyways, we went to sleep and woke up the next morning with ticks on us and in our tent (which isn't really the campgrounds fault). With that, we decided to pack up and leave. Neither of us wanted to spend our little vacation worrying about ticks and we needed to shower. We booked a hotel (which would be clean AND have a shower). So we talked to the lady who works at the desk, and although she was very nice, she refused to give us a refund for even the second night that we wouldn't be there, even though we had packed and been out of our site by 10:30 (which is well before their checkout time of 12, so someone else could have taken the site). There was hardly anyone in the campground too, so it's not like the site was high demand. They should have refunded us for at least the one night, if not two.
If they would have refunded us for both, I probably would have given them 3-4 stars, because their only fault would have been the bathrooms that BADLY need renovated.

All in all, I will not be stopping back. Ever. They will not try to make right any issues that you have and I would not even step foot in their bathrooms. And hopefully, if you do go, they're not infested with ticks.

Room Tip: The "room" wasn't the problem. The customer service, the bathrooms, and the ungodly am...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank BestWishes M
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I can't find a better park for the dollar. The sites are private and I love the green moss on my bare feet. This place is a win/win. Great location for beaches, casinos or just hanging out. If you looking for a swimming pool, the ocean is about 5 miles away. However the trails are unmatched in their beauty. And RVers can have a pet on board to enjoy this diamond in the rough.

Room Tip: Call ahead for type of site. Pull thru, tent, small RV, and hook ups.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tim O

Been to Birch Grove Park? Share your experiences!