“Great new Indian food in Nutley”
Review of Krishna

Krishna
Ranked #22 of 79 Restaurants in Nutley
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2015

Went there on a Friday night. The dining room is large and airy with plenty of windows. The atmosphere was very nice. The service was excellent. They served pappadum with dipping sauces right away. We ordered papad masala, lamb vindaloo and chicken tikka masala along with garlic naan. The papad masala was very very spicy, this was good for me but too hot for my friend. The dinners were served quickly along with rice and naan. They were delicious and we shared a very tasty dinner in a nice quiet atmosphere. I would recommend Krishna to anyone looking for a great Indian meal.

Reviewed 3 December 2014

We went to this place on a Sunday night, when the restaurants are not crowded. The restaurant has been open recently, so we decided to check it out. I have had many types of Indian foods both in the US and overseas, so I had some expectations which were met. The food was great, dishes that we asked to be spicy were spicy, and the ones to be mild were non-spicy which is not always the case when you go to Indian restaurants. So it was more oriented towards American population, rather that Indian, like on Newark avenue in Jersey City where you can get it so hot-hot you start crying. Overall very good experience about the food, atmosphere and the staff members. I should check their home delivery option next.

Reviewed 5 September 2014

This new restaurant is the best I have ever seen. Beautiful decor, unique serving dishes, delicious food. I am an Indian food lover and am so grateful for this new venue in Nutley with rear parking lot. Front & rear entrances.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Try this gem in Nutley. The food is delicious, and the service is gracious. Many people are intimidated by Indian food because they don't know it...it's delicious and you are missing out on a special treat. My husband is adventurous when it comes to cuisines, but after one visit he is hooked....the tandoori chicken was juicy, and other traditional dishes, e.g., tiki masala and korma, a sauce with crushed cashews, were delicious. If I have one complaint it's that they could put a bit more chicken/shrimp/lamb in their prepared dishes, but the sauces are so good that you eat the sauce with the tasty bread.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

Place was big.. Staff friendly. I so wanted to like this place but after we ordered it all went downhill. The silver wear and dishes were dirty.. I ordered masala tea and they brought me Lipton tea... There was a hair under the glass on the table. The pseudo masala tea put me over the edge. I've been drinking lots of different kind of teas for many years .. I knew this tea was straight up black tea with milk and by the way I don't even put milk in my black tea.. It was gross.. I told the server and very rudely he stated.. " That's what masala tea is". Ahh. ..no it's not.. He proceeded to speak in Indian to his coworker.. We paid bill and left... This restaurant has only been open a couple months.. This is not a good way to build up business.. I won't be going back or recommending.

3  Thank yamgirl

Been to Krishna? Share your experiences!