“Best meatball I've ever had!”
Review of Cenzino

Cenzino
Reserve with OpenTable
Cenzino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Oakland
Cross street: Franklin Turnpike
Description: Tel: 201-337-6693
Oakland, New Jersey
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best meatball I've ever had!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Just got back from Cenzino for Mother's Day lunch. Went at 1:00 and the restaurant was very quiet, which was nice. The room was bright and airy and we sat at the window. I live around the corner from Cenzino and kind of avoided going for years due to mixed reviews I had received. I am now disappointed I hadn't gone sooner, it was great. The meatball app was delicious, best I've ever had. Tender and flavorful (wondering how we can get them to throw together a meatball sub for us!) Also tried the calimari which was good, you know, it's calimari. My entree was the seafood crepe with a tomato cream sauce and it was perfect. Light and refreshing and no heavy salt or wine taste which I notice someplaces overdo when it comes to seafood. Had a nice mousse cake for dessert and they gave me a little container of Baci chocolates and a rose for Mother's Day. We will definitely go back. Try Cenzino if you haven't already.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Laurabean26

Oakland, New Jersey
“Over rated”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We have read several reviews of this restaurant that are complimentary. We don't understand it. The food was fair, the service just ok, and it was overpriced!

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank Lteitler
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My family and I have been going to Cenzino for years and it is truly one of our favorite restaurants. The food is outstanding and the staff is very professional and hospitable! We always feel at home. Everyone who comes through the door receives a warm welcome and Marco, Romeo, Enzo, Benito, Robert, Leigh and bartender Liz are always ready with a smile and wonderful service! My favorite dish is either the ravioli fontina e tartufo or the bronzini special. Chef Fillipo and his staff create some incredible authentic Italian meals. Cenzino is always my first choice for a night out!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Melissa B
Mahwah Nj
“Best Italian restaurant in Bergen County”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

The pasta is outrageous!!!! Service is exceptional. Food is incredibly fresh and prepared to order. My favorite restaurant in area and they are open for lunch!!!!

• Visited February 2014
New Jersey
“still at the top of their game”
Reviewed 23 February 2014

This northern NJ restaurant continues to deliver a classy atmosphere and fine dining. New owners took over in 2013 but wisely or fortunately kept the top waiters and chef Filomeno(?). In a sea of Italian restaurants this is a standout. Service is very good, never in the way, always aware (Marco, Bennie?). Any previous reviews on poor service seem to have been written by a competitor! Though I will admit that regulars got a little extra attention from the owner and chef.
Standout starters this time was an Arugula, Braesola and Parmesan salad, light Gnocchi in a light tomato sauce. All the pastas are good, perfectly slightly al dente. Excellent main of very good veal in a masparpone sauce.
Happily, they still make the best Zabaglione with Strawberries and another of Crepes - both prepared tableside.
The restaurant is attractive and even when the bar got busy the noise in the restaurant area was imperceptible. Comfortable chairs, tables not crowded.
Perhaps a few more less expensive wines can be added.
A winner in all ways