“Great find in an unlikely place”

JD's Deli and Grille
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Oakland
Price range: US$0 - US$10
Reviewed 29 August 2012

On the way to work one morning I was desperate for a cup of coffee and pulled into an strip of small businesses to see if there was a coffee shop. I walked into JDs and was delighted to fine a homey environment, lots of great atmosphere and super pleasant staff. I have stopped there several times now and the clientèle looks to be local and appreciative of the environment. I will be stopping there for breakfast whenever I get up early enough to do that and make it to work on time!

1  Thank cynspin

Reviewed 31 January 2012

My kids and I stopped at this deli on the way to Shop Rite. The kids loved their mac n cheese and chicken fingers. Their meals came with juice boxes and fruit snacks. I had a hearty homemade chicken and rice soup and fresh coffee.We each had a chocolate chip cookie.They are to die for! So fresh and delicious. The place is spotless and bustling. The owner Debbi was so friendly and jovial. She greeted every customer with a pretty smile and quick courteous service. Great place

2  Thank liz k
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Great food, great service, great place to stop in for some fresh brewed iced tea, a sandwich, breakfast, or just a smile...

2  Thank Frankyjo
Reviewed 29 November 2011

the food is delicious but does not rival the hostess I go just for that

5  Thank chico m
Reviewed 6 July 2011

We often take a trip from Connecticut to Eastern Pennsylvania and we take I-287 thru NY and NJ. On our last t trip down, we decided to try a new exit for lunch and we found this place -- and we enjoyed it so much we stopped again for lunch on our way back! This is a very pleasant, bright little place with a few tables and a small counter. Food is high-quality, tasty, and reasonably priced (3 for lunch was less than $20). I tried the chili -- I always figure chili is a good test for quality -- and i was not disappointed. this was nice and spicy, and the bowl was plenty for me as a lunch item. We also tried two of the daily specials -- a chicken salad plate (came with fresh fruit and banana bread) and a chicken pesto wrap -- both were given thumbs-up. On our return, I had a bowl of mushroom soup - very thick and flavorful -- and we also had a roast beef wrap special and a grilled cheese with bacon. And a chocolate chip cookie.
I'd highly recommend as an alternative to a fast-food place on the highway -- service was pretty quick -- and if you do stop by the place is in a little strip mall across from the Walgreen's.

7  Thank ALK99