“RUDE WAIT STAFF, POOR SERVICE, UNACCOMODATING MANAGER”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Portobello

Portobello
Ranked #20 of 37 Restaurants in Oakland
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
NY
“RUDE WAIT STAFF, POOR SERVICE, UNACCOMODATING MANAGER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2009

I had my baby shower at the Portobello Banquet on 11/14/09. What a BIG mistake!!!
1) Our function was 12-4pm. The management allowed a sweet-16 party scheduled at 7pm to decorate our party room and the stairwell leading up to our room with masquerades and feathers during our party. Highly inappropriate for a baby shower! I told the manager, Terry, how upset I was about this especially since we reserved the room. They did not acknowledge my concerns. They simply said "This is a common ground anyways."
2) The wait staff was horrible. We had only 2 waiters for 35 people for a sit-down event. My relatives whom I haven't seen awhile and friends were complaining about the tardiness of the entrees and drink orders. A lot of our guests said "They were rude."
3) Food was poor quality. We had chicken, veal, and fish. A lot of plates were cold. We had asked them to reheat the food but the wait staff didn't get back to our request.

PLEASE DO NOT BOOK YOUR EVENT HERE! Please go somewhere else!

3 Thank Christina2010

“I liked the old restaurant better”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2009

I liked the old restaurant better...the new one ambiance is awful. The food is still good but I no longer go there because it lost its charm.

2 Thank boomer-nj
new jersey
“Horrendous Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

Wait staff are untrained kids. 20 minutues for a drink and then another one hour wait for the next drink. Four different waiters came by and never came back. Bathroom is filty, no toilet paper anywhere. Finally we get our food and it was someone elses. Our food did arrived soaked in grease. You could actually walk out without paying. We were overcharged on bill. I killed two gross bugs on the filthy window next to me in our first two minutes there. Do not go!!!!!!

2 Thank jmqsilver
NY
“Very poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2009

The food at Portobello was relatively good, however, the service was horrible, on both occasions that we have been there. We (a party of 4) waited extensively for everything, from initially getting appetizers, to having our order taken, to receiving our food. Portobello is a nice spot, with decent food, however, if they really want to succeed, they are going to need to sort out their poor service issues.

3 Thank Deerpark12
New Jersey
“Not the best choice”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2009

Food and servivce have been uneven, sometimes very noisy. Not a place we go on a regular basis, but only when invited by others. We keep waiting for it to get better.

2 Thank JerseyJimD