“always expected”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Consistent and always a value. Although I would like to see more chef's specials the food never disappoints. The staff has been there forever so if you are new you may not get the warm and fuzzy feeling your are their guest. Still a professional staff that will make pretty much any Italian dish you want... and priced right

1  Thank time_traveler211

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Great Italian food and coal oven pizza in Oakland. Food and service are excellent. It is BYOB. Nice selection on the lunch menu at a great price. Parking is an issue but the place always seems to have a crowd.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Owners and staff are friendly, great food to eat in or take out. Awesome pizza too!
I have been visiting this place for 15 years and have never had a bad meal.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

We came to Cafe L'Amore to meet with friends or just for a family dinner. The food is always great, the atmosphere is cozy and friendly.
The important thing to know is that there is a valet parking – just hand you keys to the gay at the door.
I would highly recommend the place, it’s hard not to enjoy it.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

The parking at this BYOB Italian is a major pain, yet this place is consistently packed and has been since it opened nearly 20 years ago. There are reasons for its popularity and those are outstanding pizza, solid food and reasonable prices.

My wife and I lived literally around the corner from Cafe L'Amore at the time it opened. We were delighted to have excellent pizza and reasonable, quality Italian food within walking distance. The place started out as a pizzeria with a tiny restaurant in the corner with perhaps 6 tables and has expanded at least twice since then. We moved away after about a year, but have been coming back regularly ever since even though we live several towns away.

Most of the complaints I've seen about Cafe L'Amore revolve around the the service. It can be slow at peak times and the servers generally are not the cheerful, "Chatty Cathy" types you encounter at so many casual places (a type that I actually find annoying). They can be brusque but I usually find them to be efficient. Having eaten here literally over a hundred times, I can count the times when we had truly poor service on one hand with a finger left over.

Among my favorite dishes are the Fusilli di Pomodoro, Cappelinni L'Amore, Pollo alla Boscaiola and Involtini di Pollo. My wife loves the veal dishes here. And of course there is the pizza. Though this is a 25 mile round trip from our home, we drive past many other pizza establishments when we're in the mood for a pizza.

Cafe L'Amore is approaching its 20th anniversay and in an age when most restaurants don't make it a year and even the many of the best don't make it past 5 or 10 years, that says something.