“Expected More”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
West Long Branch, New Jersey
“Expected More”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

I was spoiled as a teen by having a girl friend whose Italian parents always had fresh made delights on the stove that I truly loved. In contrast my mom served pasta with what I called tomato soup for sauce and as a result I have never been a lover of "poor to good" Italian food and probably the reason I never went to this little Italian restaurant in our community that has been open for as long as I can remember. One night we were driving around looking for a different place to eat dinner when we were came upon this restaurant and decided to give it a try. We were excited and had expectations of having a great Italian dinner. Illiano's Italian Restaurant was small having a takeout counter and a few kitchen style tables inside and a few tables outside. The atmosphere was casual mom and pop. The menu was truly Italian with a nice selection of various entrees. While we were seated we noted that they had a fairly brisk takeout business. Unfortunately when we received our dinners our expectations exceeded what we received. We expected great Italian food but received average I can make at home Italian food. If your are looking for a place to eat instead of cooking this may be a place for you. While we were there several other families were there with children who appeared to be enjoying themselves. The service was average. They did not serve liquor but permitted BYOB.

• Visited September 2012

New Jersey
“Hit and Miss at Illianos”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

As the title of my review states, we have had good meals here and some were just ok. The dining area is small with small tables so it is more a pizzeria with tables than a sit down restaurant. We used to be a big fan of their sicilain 'square' pie as whatever 'bread' they were using as the base was some of the best we ever had. But somewhere along the line they changed it and now it is just ok. The meals afre good but nothing really stood out. I really miss that great 'square' pie.

• Visited June 2012
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Very good”
Reviewed 11 January 2012

I have been coming here for years. Love the pizza, as well as other items on the menu. Staff is very friendly! Hats off to Fausto, the owner!

• Visited December 2011
Ocean, New Jersey
“Something about a bad attitude that makes average food hard to swallow!!”
Reviewed 14 September 2011

The waiters and waitresses deserve a medal for what they have to put up with. If the guy behind the counter doesn't change his attitude he'll eventually run this business into the ground. I'll never be back, nor will any of my friends nor will any of my colleages in the firms that work in the offices right down the road. The food is mediocre at best. Honestly.

• Visited September 2011
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Food is cooked fresh and...”
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Food is cooked fresh and made to order quickly. We live virtually across the street, and by the time we arrive there to pick up the food, it's all ready for us. Recommend the mussels, fried calamari & pizza.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook