All reviewsafternoon snackchanging areamid week stayloyal customersmain dishcomfortable stayb b'soff street parkingtwo twin bedsbreakfast each morningthird floorbeach tagsoutdoor showerfew blocksboard gamessmall bathroomceiling fan
Reviewed 14 July 2013

The Scarborough Inn has been our OCNJ retreat for twenty years. Gus and Carol have maintained their excellent service standards throughout. The beautiful Victorian structure is lovingly maintained. Rooms vary in size, but all are well appointed and comfortable. The wrap-around porch and rocking chairs provide a serene spot for reading, relaxing or just watching the world go by.

Breakfasts are creative and delicious and afternoon tea is welcome after a day of sunning, shopping, or strolling.

The B&B is ideally located on Ocean Avenue, just three short blocks to the boardwalk and beach. It is also located three blocks from the Asbury Avenue shopping district.

Staff is professional, polite and always go out of their way to make your stay perfect.

We're looking forward to twenty more years at this lovely beach getaway.

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the third floor with the king beds. Note that the facility has no elevator, so it is not handicap accessible. Each room has a parking space, a plus during the busy summer season.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
sea_jayOCNJ, Owner at Scarborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Elizabeth, Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing and comprehensive review; we are thrilled! You mention our "excellent standards" related to: care of this historic inn, guest rooms, amenities, food, plus great location & staff. On behalf of our entire team, we are grateful and hope you DO continue to visit for another 20 years!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Thank you again Scarborough Inn for a fantastic weekend in OCNJ. Everything from the room to breakfast, the outdoor shower and rocking chairs on the front porch was fantastic! You really do bring staying at a B&B to another level. Every breakfast we've had at your Inn has been divine (and I say this as a foodie who has high standards!). Jonathan remembers coming to the Scarborough as a child and it holds a special place in his heart. He introduced it to me on our engagement weekend (10-6-12) and we just couldn't wait to come back and see you all again. I cant wait till we can bring our children here to enjoy the Inn as much as we do someday! Thanks again for another fantastic visit. As always the staff were beyond accommodating (and flexible with my last minute reservation!) Can't wait to see you again soon!

Room Tip: Chelsea Suite is spacious and comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teale M
Reviewed 22 June 2013

First of all, staying at the Inn was a wonderful experience. I travel around the world, and this intimate Inn is first rate. Great customer service, nice location, and a clean and comfortable room. Back to customer service, I left my garment bag in my room, and left my key at the reception area before 6:00 a.m., having to catch an early flight. Thus, I had no way to get back in and fetch my clothes. I wrote a note requesting that my clothes be mailed to me C.O.D. I received a voice mail message that they were "in the mail" via UPS. I sent a check to cover the costs, but the fact that someone would front the money, with no guarantee of reimbursement, to me was above and beyond the call of duty. My clothes arrived with no problem, and I am most grateful. A great experience turned out even greater, thanks to fabulous customer care.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 June 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a three night stay at the Scarborough Inn down in Ocean City N.J.After reading so many reviews of nightmare experiences I can safely say that the Scarborough inn is first rate in our book. Gus and his wife are hands on owners who make sure that the inn is first rate in all areas. It is only a five minute walk to the boardwalk and beach,near eating places and shopping. The staff is always helpful and smiling ready to help and the free parking in a town with tight parking and meters everywhere is a god send. Our room number 12 Sindia named after the ship that sank off the local beach was excellence, cozy but clean well kept and housekeeping was perfect,in fact there was a knock at nine O'clock in the morning to clean the room.My wife said the bed was so comfortable she wanted to take home the mattress! There is a computer for the guess to use plus games, books and cd's and DVD's. This is our second stay at the Inn and it won't be our last. Any issues would be just nick-picking maybe a bowl of yogurt in the dining room in the AM .See you next year.

Room Tip: The rooms on the North side overlook the parking lot and thus are further away than the south side rooms(even) from the next building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2013

We have stayed at the Scarborough Inn, and all I can say is this place has a rating of beyond
excellent being staff, housekeeping, dietary cleanliness, courteous etc. This place has it all
without a doubt. Good luck to you Gus, We had a great vacation