Harris House Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$100
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$130/night.

US$300
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Breeze Hotel(Ocean City)
US$103
Blue Water Inn(Ocean City)
US$92
US$88
Biscayne Suites(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$144
Port-O-Call Hotel(Ocean City)
US$189
Hotels.com
Ocean 7(Ocean City)
US$108
  • Pool
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$121/night.

Ocean Front Motel(Ocean City)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
Coral Sands(Ocean City)
US$68
Hotwire.com
All reviewsafternoon snackchanging areamid week stayloyal customersmain dishcomfortable stayb b'soff street parkingtwo twin bedsbreakfast each morningthird floorbeach tagsoutdoor showerfew blocksboard gamessmall bathroomceiling fan
Reviewed 21 July 2013

The Scarborough Inn was a great place for me to spend a one night reunion with a high school friend. We had lived in OC for the summer 34 years ago, and this was a convenient location for us to be able to visit all of our favorite OC/Somers Point memories.

The Ballade Room was a cheerfully decorated and sunny room with two twin beds. These could be converted to a king. I debated giving a five star rating because the bathroom is quite small and could use a fan, but for the price, location, and service it was worth that small inconvenience.

The staff was very accommodating. The off street parking is really helpful because it's difficult to find parking in OC. Their website clearly states that you are given one parking space per unit, but when we arrived early...in two separate cars...they allowed parking spaces for both even though they were almost completely full. We knew that if one more room filled we would have to move, but it worked out great.

Being able to use the beach passes and outdoor showers after check-out was also a very nice extra.

This may become a yearly tradition!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
sea_jayOCNJ, Owner at Scarborough Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

How lovely that you and a high school friend had a mini-reunion at the Scarborough Inn! We are pleased that you found so many things to be enthusiastic about and we sincerely hope your pleasant stay will become an annual tradition. Maybe you will stay longer next time, there's so much to see and do in Ocean City! If you need a larger bathroom, just request a larger room or a suite (the price will be a bit higher of course). See you next reunion!

Reviewed 15 July 2013

On a recent stay at the Scarborough Inn, I found that the staff members were very sincere and helpful with regards to making sure that we were comfortable. The house is charming and well appointed and the location is decent; only about two blocks from the beach. Very clean too. Gus is a great host and has a genuine love for what he does. Our breakfast was good too. Home cooked and just the right amount of food with each serving. Not sure if this is the best choice for families with very young children (no pool/play area and delicate surroundings) but, this is a nice, clean location nonetheless.

Room Tip: Ask for the corner family suite on the second floor if you have children. It's actually two rooms that connect but counts as one 'suite'.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

We are pleased that the staff was "sincere" about making sure you were "comfortable" as that is very important to us as hosts. You go on to mention many things that you found very pleasing - thank you so much! You seem a little cautious about children at the inn, however. It may not be an appropriate choice for all youngsters depending on their age and experience. We do have several designated "family rooms" with washable decor and specify "well-behaved children welcome" - this seems to help guide families to make appropriate decisions. Many families do visit year after year and we hope you will come again, too.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

The Scarborough Inn has been our OCNJ retreat for twenty years. Gus and Carol have maintained their excellent service standards throughout. The beautiful Victorian structure is lovingly maintained. Rooms vary in size, but all are well appointed and comfortable. The wrap-around porch and rocking chairs provide a serene spot for reading, relaxing or just watching the world go by.

Breakfasts are creative and delicious and afternoon tea is welcome after a day of sunning, shopping, or strolling.

The B&B is ideally located on Ocean Avenue, just three short blocks to the boardwalk and beach. It is also located three blocks from the Asbury Avenue shopping district.

Staff is professional, polite and always go out of their way to make your stay perfect.

We're looking forward to twenty more years at this lovely beach getaway.

Room Tip: We like the rooms on the third floor with the king beds. Note that the facility has no elevator, so it is not handicap accessible. Each room has a parking space, a plus during the busy summer season.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Elizabeth, Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing and comprehensive review; we are thrilled! You mention our "excellent standards" related to: care of this historic inn, guest rooms, amenities, food, plus great location & staff. On behalf of our entire team, we are grateful and hope you DO continue to visit for another 20 years!

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Thank you again Scarborough Inn for a fantastic weekend in OCNJ. Everything from the room to breakfast, the outdoor shower and rocking chairs on the front porch was fantastic! You really do bring staying at a B&B to another level. Every breakfast we've had at your Inn has been divine (and I say this as a foodie who has high standards!). Jonathan remembers coming to the Scarborough as a child and it holds a special place in his heart. He introduced it to me on our engagement weekend (10-6-12) and we just couldn't wait to come back and see you all again. I cant wait till we can bring our children here to enjoy the Inn as much as we do someday! Thanks again for another fantastic visit. As always the staff were beyond accommodating (and flexible with my last minute reservation!) Can't wait to see you again soon!

Room Tip: Chelsea Suite is spacious and comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teale M
Reviewed 22 June 2013

First of all, staying at the Inn was a wonderful experience. I travel around the world, and this intimate Inn is first rate. Great customer service, nice location, and a clean and comfortable room. Back to customer service, I left my garment bag in my room, and left my key at the reception area before 6:00 a.m., having to catch an early flight. Thus, I had no way to get back in and fetch my clothes. I wrote a note requesting that my clothes be mailed to me C.O.D. I received a voice mail message that they were "in the mail" via UPS. I sent a check to cover the costs, but the fact that someone would front the money, with no guarantee of reimbursement, to me was above and beyond the call of duty. My clothes arrived with no problem, and I am most grateful. A great experience turned out even greater, thanks to fabulous customer care.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo