“One of the Best places to stay in OCNJ”

Watson's Regency Suites
Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
“One of the Best places to stay in OCNJ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

We love Watson's and stay often. It is an especially good place to go when you are visiting the shore in the colder months because they have the indoor pool and hot tub. My kids love it here too and it fits our family of 5 comfortably. The rooms have a bedroom with a Queen bed and then a pull out couch or two in the common area. There is also a nice size dining room and ktichen.

We have come in Winter, Spring and Summer and it is always clean with a super professional and welcoming staff. No matter what room they put us in - it is always similar and nice. It is about a 2 mintue walk up the street to the boardwalk and beach so it is very convient for Summer vacations.

It does have the full kitchen with all the basics you need to cook and/or serve food and there is a fridge and diswasher. They also have towels for the pool area.

Really nice way to have to space and perks of a house rental without the crazy price. Also they have daily maid service!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alicia K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Warrington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2013

Our family of five vacationed here in August at Watson’s in OC. We came back again for an off season weekend in February. Had a great time again. Nice suite with comfortable and new living room furniture. Two flat screen TVs – a wall mounted one in the bedroom and a larger one in the living room. Good nights’ sleep in the queen bed and bedroom furniture was new. Suite nicely decorated in a nautical theme with a ship’s wheel on the wall that the kids loved. Pool and spa were great. We could see that it was cold and snowy outside, but we were warm and toasty in the spa looking out at the winter weather through the glass enclosed pool area. Enjoyed the boardwalk and shops in town. Ate some meals in the condo/suite and ate some in town and on the boardwalk. Great get-away weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LovesToTravel2020
Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2013

My husband and myself really enjoyed our three day stay. It is so conveniently located to everything one would need at a shore condo.
It is spacious, clean, updated and has a beautiful indoor year round pool. Fourth and fifth floors have a nice scenic view from your windows and balcony. Would highly recommend you try this place.

Room Tip: fourth and fifth floors offer a view
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sarah h
west virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2013

I was in Ocean City for one night only in February - the night of winter storm Nemo. The place was very quiet, although I think they were close to full.

When I arrived at 9:15 PM, the desk attendent was friendly and helpful, but particularly wanted me to know that the pool was open till 10 PM, and made sure I knew where I could get towels for the pool. The weather was frigid, and I still had to unload my car, so a dip in the pool wasn't in my near future, and indeed, I didn't make it to the pool the next morning, either, and so cannot comment about the pool.

I had worried a bit, as a woman traveling alone, about the safety of the underground parking, but the lot was well-lit and in view of the lobby. I was able to pull my car right up to the door to unload, and there were luggage carts in the lobby for guest use.

The suite was enormous for the one of me, but, would be perfect for a family beach vacation in the summer. My balcony did not have a scenic view, but given the weather, that was OK. I had to jack the thermostat way up in order to get the room warm - I think the dual entrances to the balcony make it colder in the winter than it would be otherwise.

The kitchen was well-equipped and clean. In fact, everything was quite clean. There were two closets - a roomy one in the bedroom and a smaller one in the front hallway. I availed myself of one of the somewhat beat-up blankets in the bedroom closet. There were also two TVs - a large one in the sitting room and a much smaller one in the bedroom.

In the morning the staff were helpful in suggesting breakfast spots. I stepped out on the sidewalk just outside the lobby entrance - and nearly did a face plant. All surfaces had iced over during the night, and, at 8:15 in the morning, had not yet been treated by the hotel staff. Fortunately I had some Yaktrax in my car, and thus made it safely on foot to breakfast. When I returned from breakfast and a long walk on the snowy boardwalk, the Suites' staff were just beginning to salt the driveways and sidewalks.

But really, that was my only complaint about my short stay. The staff are friendly and helpful and the facilities quite functional.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Watson's Regency Suites from 2/10-13. We had an outside room so it was very bight. The suite was clean, other than 2 dishes and the top of a broiling pan in the dishwasher. Being one block from the boardwalk makes it a great location. The mattress was a little uncomfortable, but not bad. Although we didn't use it, we did go take a look at the pool and spa area - both seemed very clean. We will definitely be back. Also, there is a good restaurant for breakfast across the street (Beach House).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2013

Our family stayed at Watson's Regency Suites during a January weekend. Customer service was excellent while we were there. The suite faced the outside, so there was lots of light. The sofabed was acceptable for a night or two, but not recommended for longer stays. Everything you need is there. The bathroom was beautiful, clean, and it looked like it had been recently remodeled. The only negative aspect occurred when we called to make the reservation. The customer service agent stated that there was a special in effect - all suites were $99/night - but when we asked for a 5th floor suite, the rate increased. Nonetheless, it was a great place to spend a winter weekend!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2013

We stayed at the Watson Regency Suites on 1/19/13 to attend a concert in Atlantic City. I was very pleased when I entered the room. The place was clean. We had a room facing the pool. I enjoyed the pool. I did some laundry and some of the machines were inoperable. The manager was very accomodating with giving me back the quarters I lost in the washing machine. Upon returning to the room, I went into the kitchen to prepare a meal before going to the concert and a roach ran across the counter. I freaked and my first thought was there are roaches running around this place. Now I do not have roaches in my home and my feeling was if you see one, there may be more and I knew I could not stay there if this was the case. I called the front desk and the manager came immediately. He had this solemn look on his face. He told me there has never been a single roach ever at the hotel and asked me what did I want him to do. In disbelief I responded get some roach spray and spray the area. He left and came back with a can of roach spray and sprayed the area. I told him that I hope this was an isolated incident. He appeared to be annoyed with me. I was very uncomfortable afterwards and was reluctant to use the cooking facility. While checking out the next day, I mentioned the incident to the girl at the front desk. She had the audacity to tell me that there has never been a roach at the hotel and in fact, there aren't any roaches in the entire Ocean City area. Now mind you she was the one that took the call the night before and did not sound surprised when I reported the incident. Not once did I get an apology from the staff. I like the hotel and may consider staying there in the future. However, I will definitely come armed with a can of Raid.

• Stayed January 2013