“Great location!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great location!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Very clean and pleasant accommodations. Great location for beach and boardwalk access. Also, close to many restaurants and shops. Little balcony was a nice to place to sit. Great size room for 5 people. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank eschlack7

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Vineland, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

a long weekend with grand-daughter. Very nice and VERY CLEAN!!! Had a great time hotel staff was very helpful will go again!!! close to the boardwalk and downtown. Nice pool inside. Very comfortable. Restaurants close by.

Sussex County, NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

The decision to abandon the rest of the family to their rental cottages and opt for a suite at Watson's Regency Suites was off-hand and not well-researched, so I was more than a little excited to find that I'd made one of the best choices ever. The suites at Watson's are privately owned (not time-shares), and nicely appointed...and BIG! I've rented suites in other hotels that barely qualified for that title. This one had a solid four rooms, nice kitchen, spacious bedroom, one of the largest bathrooms we've found in a hotel, and it was very clean throughout. The additional balcony overlooking the indoor pool proved to be a lovely place for morning coffee, though the heat and humidity within the pool dome made it quite uncomfortable in the middle of the day. Still, it was a nice spot to sit, and I enjoyed it.

Perhaps the best thing about Watson's is that it's a very friendly hotel. There were only two of us (adults) technically assigned to the suite, but it came with 5 adult beach passes, and the kids and grandkids were able to use the pool and the beach, which was a lovely thing as their rental house was a very loooong walk from the boardwalk activities. Watson's is an easy block to the boardwalk and smack in line with the movie theater and most of the amusements. Score one for Grandma!

If there's a negative for us older types, it's that the place is a tad noisy. That's to be expected in a family-oriented hotel, but a little more soundproofing would have been helpful as the toddler upstairs apparently ran laps around the bedroom for hours each night. The pool opens at 10 AM and closes at 10 PM and is actively in use most of that time, so there's no early bedtime for oldsters with a balcony overlooking it. But we were so tired after a day of Shore fun that we hit the bed like we'd been on a 20-mile hike, so no problem.

There's no restaurant in the hotel, but there's a wonderful breakfast place across the street and one around the corner, both literally seconds from the front door.

I would (and already have) recommend Watson's to my Shore-going friends and relatives. Have a nice visit!

3 Thank Joanne F
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a place that we could take our 3 year old and 16 mth old for a weekend, cleanliness was top on the list. I read all of the reviews and this hotel seemed like the best as far as cleanliness and our price range. Although I think the price is too high, it's what it is 1 block from the boardwalk. We were very happy bc the day we arrived it was raining so it was wonderful that we could use the indoor pool which was heated and spa pool also! Very clean too!....as far as my eyes could see. : ) The room was great again I want to emphasize Clean! The only thing I could say negative is the balcony furniture could be updated even though it worked ! Wendy at the front desk was very nice always said hello and nice to my children everyone else at front desk didnt even look up : / but really it doesn't matter! We will definitely go back! Oh and pool is open until 10 pm ! Not good for rooms around pool bc of noise but great for anyone else! : )

• Stayed July 2013
4 Thank YCLA
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

we have been staying here for years, and love it. The location is great, and the rates are reasonable (and believe me I've checked other places) The staff is very pleasant and helpful. The pool is always clean. Perfect for families who don't want to share a bedroom with the kids!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank croydngrl
Hatboro, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I just returned from a long weekend in OCNJ. This is the second time that I stayed at Watson's Regency. I took my daughter and 2 friends (all 14). The accommodations were perfect. The girls slept in the two pull-out beds in the living room (1 queen and 1 single) and I took the bedroom. The room was very well-kept with plenty of space for all of us. I especially appreciated the full dining room table. We didn't use it for meals but it provided a perfect place for each of us to keep our stuff for going out (purses, keys, sunblock, etc) without getting the items mixed in with others. The hotel staff was very accommodating. I asked if they knew of dolphin or whale watching tours when I checked in. The woman didn't know of any in OC, but while I was out unloading the car she pulled several brochures from the many available in the lobby. When I came in with my luggage she handed me the pile and said that she found a few tours that I might be interested in. The next day was very gray and rainy and the girls didn't want to go out until dinner time. We asked the housekeeping staff if they would skip our room but told them that we needed 2 extra blankets. The blankets arrived in minutes, still wrapped fresh from the cleaners. The indoor pool and hot tub and invaluable when you have rainy days. The desk staff was very helpful with restaurant recommendations and directions to the local grocery store. Watson's Regency will be my preferred hotel any time I am planning a trip to OCNJ!

Room Tip: 2nd floor pool-side has an obstructed view of the pool (not attractive) but from the balcony you can...
3 Thank Suzanne W
Wilmington, Delaware, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2013

We stay here a lot when we are in OCNJ. We especially like to go in the Winter for a night because of the indoor pool and hot tub.

Our last visit was a few days ago for 4 nights. The staff is still exceptionally professional, helpful and friendly. The pool area is very clean and well maintained. I would highly recommend asking for a 2nd floor room outside the pool if you have young kids. We did this time and it was so nice to be right at the pool.

The lobby was just redone and is so beautiful and modern. The one problem lies in the guest rooms. I know these are individually owned condos, but they are so hit or miss. Some are really dated. This time around we also had at least 4 light bulbs out in our room and the bedroom door did not lock. The toilet needed a major update too as the handle had to be held down for about 25 seconds to flush. The room my parents were staying in next door was a lot better and much more modern.

I would recommend Watsons to anyone going to down, especially if you aren't going for a week and don't want to commit to a house rental. The indoor pool is such a nice option when it is pouring rain or the sun gets too strong on the Beach.

One last little thing that that really gets me - they need to provide napkins or papertowels in the suites. Since it is a fully stocked kitchen (appliances, utensils, cups, plates and serving/cooking equipment) - it is just weird that they are not provided.

Room Tip: The rooms are individually owned. Therefore, although they are set up similar they can really vary...
1 Thank Alicia K
#6 of 32 in Ocean City
Ocean Front Motel
Ocean Front Motel
#11 of 32 in Ocean City

Been to Watson's Regency Suites? Share your experiences!