“Anywhere But Here!”
Review of Ocean Manor Hotel

Ocean Manor Hotel
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 28 August 2006

I will just give you the highlights of this hotel - and I use the word hotel - loosely....there was no phone, no clock, no remote control! On the guest towels - in magic marker was written - Ocean Manor - how classy. They have planters with weeds growing out of them - actually, people started using them as trash containers because there are none around. And saving the best for last - there was mold - yes mold - all over the shower curtain.

It's unbelievable that this place is in business.

I hope I didn't catch a disease staying there.

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank nap63

Reviewed 31 July 2006

We stayed here for one night in July 2006. You can't beat the location. The property is centrally located on 11th and Ocean Ave. one block from the Ocean City Boardwalk near Castaway Cove amusement pier. This motel is actually three buildings. We occupied a double room, Unit 201 in the 1100 building. Charge was $169 plus tax which seemed to be a relative bargain. Yes, the property is "tired" though it has some charm (compared to a chain motel). Our room was clean and pleasantly decorated with rattan furniture, lace curtains, comfortable bed with flowered bed spread, and faux painted walls. A room air conditioner and ceiling fan were more than adequate to cool the room while temperatures outside were in the high 90's. The room had a TV, mini-fridge and bar sink (no telephone). A bathroom with tiny stall shower was furnished with motel quality towels, bar soap and plastic cups. Our room was in the front of the motel on Ocean Ave. so there was some traffic/people noise although this died down after midnight. Parking was provided. I recommend this motel for someone seeking budget type accomodations close to the beach.

• Stayed: July 2006, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank rocknroll52
A TripAdvisor Member
Ft Lauderdale Fl
Reviewed 5 July 2006

Most of the rooms and suites at this hotel have some problems. I personally stayed here over the 4th of July weekend. I was told when I made the reservation that I would get a rate of 299.00 for the 1st night and then a 20% percent off break for each additional night thereafter that I stayed. I made the reservation with the manager and he gave me a confirmation number. When I arrived and tried to get the rate I was promised I was told by the Manager who is Mike that he did not recall giving me that rate. So I guess if you make a reservation at this hotel I WOULD GET SOMETHING IN WRITING!

So that started to leave a bad taste in my mouth. When I got into my suite I noticed that the air did not work and the sliding glass door to the balcony was BOWED and it had a plexi glass windoe and a board on top of the track to keep it together. The oven door in the kitchen was open and it would not shut and the light stayed on all the time. This made the oven impossible to use! The coffee maker did not have a filter so you could not make coffee and the disposal did not work. The faucet in the master bathroom ran all the time as did the toilet. All of these items were reported to the fromt desk and NONE of them were ever taken care of!

I spoke to another guest who did not have a working air conditioner in their room. I dod not know what other problems others had but I suspect thier were other problems. I know a lot of people did complain when they checked in on the 3rd. Some rooms looked much better than the one we had so if you stay at this hotel check your room out before you get settled in!

Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
philadelphia
Reviewed 29 June 2006

never again, the place smelled awful. there were flies all over the pool. good luck if you are staying there. hope you dont get any diseases. there was mold all over the bathroom sink and bathtub. i almost threw up. one word sums up this place. "ewwwwwww"

• Stayed: June 2006
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2004

Ok, let's start with the positives.
1. Love the pool. Sure it's old and not as clean as I would have liked, but it's neat. Statues all around, very unique. Hot tub, that flows into the pool. It's heated, I would say the best pool in Ocean City!
2. Plenty of towels, friendly staff, great location.
3. Great Satellite TV.
4. Nice hot, resort quality shower.

Here is the bad and the ugly.
1. Room and hotel needs to be updated badly, Personally I would tear it down and start over.
2. Kids feet were black after running on the carpet, very dirty carpet.
3. Mold seemed to be a theme in the room.
4. Furniture was broken down.
5. Pillows too thick, gives neck pain.
I stayed in Apartment D. Paid $114 a night. All in all a step above camping. Did not complain though, what can you say, it is what it is.
This place has potential, just need to redo the rooms, rip everything down with a bulldozer.

22  Thank Jeffnusa