“Old but Clean and Great Location!!!”
Review of Ocean Manor Hotel

Ocean Manor Hotel
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Ocean City
Reviewed 19 July 2010

Yes, the Ocean Manor is old but I was very happy with it. The nightly rate was great for mid summer and it was available for just a few nights unlike a lot of other rentals at the Jersey Shore which require a week's stay. The room was spacious but the bathroom small. We had a room on the main porch level which is one flight up from ground level. It was perfect because I could put my baby down for a nap and sit out on the big porch and look right at the boardwalk. They have parking for one car per room which is great because if you know OC you know that it is very hard to park right near the boardwalk. The boardwalk goes from about 3rd to 15th streets and this being at 11th and one block west is perfect. The staff was nice to us. They also have more updated efficiencies right across the street. We might try them next time. And they are currently working on updating the main inn. Overall I would recommend this if you aren't looking for a fancy place. It is definitely modest and needs updating but we didn't mind that much.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank Chellesl

Reviewed 11 June 2010

I'm writing this because over past 10 years I've stayed at the Ocean Manor about 6 times. I'm going there again this summer but decided to read some of the reviews. Boy I'm glad that I've already found the place before reading them! Some people really need to get over themselves - it's not luxury accomodations. It's clean, neat and the beds are super comfortable and yes, it's old.

The smells depend on the day, on some humid hot days, the whole area has the "bad ocean" smell as my daughter describes it, but in my overall experience of visiting the Jersey Shore over the past 40 years, unless it's a new place, or luxury accomodations, it smells a little wet - some days worse than others.

One time we were there and apparently the previous guest kept a key after check out and used the room right before we checked in. I told the manager and within 5 minutes she had a very nice gentleman come in and rescrub the bathroom and changed the bedspread with a fresh one since the bed had been sat on. I had no problem having my children't bottoms sit on the seat after seeing how he cleaned.

If you want new and really care how a beach motel is decorated, stay somewhere else. If you want a place where your kids can be comfortable and you can sleep well, shower, use a great pool and have the best location to the center of the boardwalk - stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 October 2009

We were exhausted and checked into this place because it was right in front of us when we were ready to stop. The place was the worst I have ever stayed in. The owner bragged it had been in the family more than 30 years, but there was not a shred of evidence that the decor had been updated during this time. The shower door was falling off, windows were screwed shut, the door had been shimmied more that once, carpets were from a horror movie. The place was filthy and in disrepair from top to bottom. Worst of all, the owner was oblivious to the fact that she had guests: no help in finding a place to get a drink (it's a dry county), where to get a real meal, or volunteer where to find the ice machine. Thank goodness it was only one short night of an otherwise fabulous trip.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 August 2009

Stayed here with a family of 7 and had family meeting us for just a one night stay and was told they were put in a different building and was not really happy with that but without any trouble they moved our family members to the room right next to ours. I am glad they were able to do that for us. I am very happy with the overall service here they woman at the front desk are very nice. My children enjoyed seeing the new puppy every chance they got. This place is really a minute walk to the beach and they rent you beach tags. The pool was such a pleasure not to big but just the right size we had 7 kids in it playing and there was still plenty of pool left. I will be back with my family of 7 that's for sure. Kitchell family gi es 2 thumbs up to the ocean manor. I aso enjoyed the bible on the front desk. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 August 2009

This was my first trip to OC-NJ. My fiance, however, has stayed at Ocean Manor many times before.
We were very pleased with the room and amenities. The cable and remote were ready and waiting, the AC was cold and exhillerating, everything was clean!
It was a small room with no frills, exactly what we were looking for. If you want high-end amenities, stay at the Flanders! If you want personal touches, in a well-established Inn with an exceptionally friendly staff, this is the place to be.
You get a parking space, a pool, a discounted price on the beach passes, and... the best location to the boardwalk - just one block away.
Can't wait to come back next year!
Char & Steve, Harrisburg, PA

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I've stayed at Ocean Manor about 10 times in the last 15 years. It's not a luxury hotel, but it's perfect for a family get away close to the beach and boardwalk for a family with little kids. I've already brought an inflatable tub for when my kids were babies so it didn't matter if the bathroom was a shower or a tub. You can have the feeling of stepping back in time and perhaps visiting your grandmother's summer home, but it is clean. Bedding and bathrooms were clean, from years and years of staying at seaside hotels & motels, I've always chosen to bring my own towels and pillows, but only because I prefer big bath sheets (which even Marriots don't supply) and my own pillow. I've stayed in more expensive places where I wouldn't let my kids sit on the toilet seats - but have never had issue with the cleanliness of the Ocean Manor.

If you want a family friendly place super close to the center of the boardwalk that is a great value, this is the right choice. If you don't go to the beach, need to stay in your room for the whole vacation, maybe this isn't the place for you. They've got apartments with kitchens for extended stay that I've stayed in when I've booked early in the season.

All the people that stay there every summer can't be wrong, and since my visits are different times of the seasons, I've met many of them over the years. Don't go the the seashore unless you can handle some sand in between your toes!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My daughter and I booked a room at the Ocean Manor Inn after choosing it off the internet. I should have read all the reviews because I would have changed my mind. I did not get a good feeling when making the reservation since the person on the phone was very unprofessional and yelling at someone in the background while talking to me. When we got there, I had to wait 10 minutes to check in since the person at the desk was no where to be found. I had to finally call her on her cell phone and got some excuse about her being the only one around that day. Then we went to our room. What a nightmare. It was upstairs in the cottage. The room smelled musty and was very hot so we decided to open windows and came to find all the screens were ripped and blowing in the breeze. Half the slats were missing in the mini blinds on all the windows and also the mechanism to open or close the blinds was missing. There was one light in the middle of the room on a ceiling fan. At night this gave off barely any light. The air conditioner worked, however, was completely rusted on the outside and half of it is overgrown with ivy. Dangerous!!!!! We were sure there would be a fire and we would be burnt to a crisp while we slept. There were unexplainable stains on the bedspread and rug. We were supposed to stay 3 nights and ended up staying only 1. I made reservations elsewhere and checked out of the Ocean Manor early. I was never asked why I was checking out. Probably because they had my money and obviously didn't care. Thank goodness the other place, Impala Island Inn, had a room for us. They saved our vacation.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family