“Not modern, but very clean”
Review of Ocean Front Motel

Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Not modern, but very clean”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

We rented a room for the night very last minute and were in Ocean City for the beach, not the boardwalk so we chose this motel for its proximity to the beach and reasonable cost. The furniture was rather old-fashioned and well used but also very clean and freshly painted with plastic covers on the mattresses which, for me, was a plus since so many hotels can have problems with bugs. The staff was accomodating and I'd definitely stay there again for a short (1-3 day) stay but probably not for a week, though it's just a matter of preference as I like having an efficiency for longer stays. Also, there is no pool but it is beachfront. There is a family restaurant right next door.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank MaryAnneG

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Rockville Centre, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2013

The staff is courteous, and the manager , John, is wonderful.
The rooms are clean and the location is great. We are very satisfied staying here.
All of the rooms are identical and there are two oceanfront rooms which have a spectacular view but cost more. If I could afford it, they would be my first choice.
There is a nice deck with a sitting area which faces the ocean.
WORKINJANE

Room Tip: select an ocean front room although it costs more
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank workinjane
Walnutport, PA
Reviewed 5 August 2013

This was our 4th trip to OCNJ, and I think we've found our preferred place to stay.

It's certainly not flashy, but it's all in what you're looking for. Most important thing for me whenever I stay somewhere is cleanliness, and the room was flawless in that department.

The location is absolutely perfect. Leave your beach gear in the car, because the boardwalk is just up a few stairs from the parking lot, and 2 beach entrances are very close. One to the right is less crowded since the shops aren't there on the boardwalk, or go to the left to the start of the boardwalk and be closer to the shops/food of the boardwalk.

If you need something flashy or a pool, look elsewhere, but if all you need is a close-by, clean place to shower and sleep, the Ocean Front Motel is absolutely perfect!

Room Tip: We stayed in the cheapest room they had and had no complaints on noise or location
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank gwillie13
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

Im still trying to figure out how this Motel has good reviews....I pre-booked 2 days here based off these reviews and boy was I sadly mistaken...Upon arrival, Manager John wanted balance paid before check in, maybe its a new thing but im used to paying upon checkout when I stay at Hotels/Motels...parking spots extremely tight like every other review has mentioned...While carrying bags up to room and I get to our room number, the door is wide open?? We get into room and go to check the beds, pull back sheet and there are hairs on both beds along with a stained pillow case on one bed. There were barely any available outlets in the room so I went to pull the dresser between the beds out and I find trash and a Rat/Mouse Trap! My wife went to use the bathroom, went to flush and the handle snapped off! Nothing like going 2 days with lifting the flusher on the inside of the toilet to make sure all goes down! Upon further inspection of the bathroom, there was mold and mildew on the shower curtain and the mirror in the bathroom. I attempted to go down to the office on 4 seperate times, manager John no where to be found. 2 out of the 4 stops down to the office no one was there! I contacted Manager John after I returned home from my trip and he was absolutely no help. He claimed to know about the toilet issue and took care of it, weird because as mentioned above I had to put my hand in the back of te toilet to flush it! Manager John claims he would comp me a day to come down again, why the hell would I want to go back to that dump again??!? He wouldnt give me any credit/money back for our stay.....Do yourself a favor and spend the extra $100 a nite and stay right down the boardwalk....DO NOT STAY AT THIS DUMP!!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank Matt M
Lafayette Hill, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 28 July 2013

Just stayed here for last minute OC NJ overnight trip with my husband. Location is the best thing about this place. It is on the boardwalk with beach access directly across the boards. It is at the quiet end of the boardwalk which is nice. There is also a nice sitting area with chairs n tables overlooking the beach n boards. The parking is tight but u are walking distance from pretty much anything. As for the rooms they are very basic although clean and the air and shower worked decent so as long as you are ok with no frills its fine.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank rikster29
Reviewed 18 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Oceanfront Motel for 1 night for a spur-of-the-moment trip to Ocean City! We love Ocean City and usually stay at a rented beach house. This was our first stay at a motel. The facility was definitely dated, so I was a bit nervous as we headed up to our room. I was pleasantly surprised to find an incredibly clean and fresh room! The air conditioning worked GREAT, which was great as we went during a heat wave. The biggest negative about this motel is the parking. While the Oceanfront Motel provides parking for its guests, the spaces are so narrow! And cars took up two spots which did not leave parking for other guests. Suggestion...number the parking spots based on room number. We got parked in for several hours and had to wait for the people to move their car. This could have been avoided if the spaces were numbered...in my opinion!

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank Jennifernolt
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 16 July 2013

This Motel had the best location for getting onto the beach and the boardwalk. The staff was very friendly. It was also clean and NO bed bugs!
Here is something to think about if you are used to staying at a chain hotel... This is a motel there is no phone in the room or alarm clock. there was not a fan in the bathroom or a hair dryer. These were not problems for us but they were unexpected. (because we usually stay at a chain hotel) It was Quiet and that was precious to those of us who like to sleep in. Also my one and only complaint was I paid extra for a better view, but the way the Motel is built We all had the same view except for the very last room which had a window facing the ocean. So don't pay extra.

Room Tip: they are all the same except for the rooms on the end have a window facing the ocean
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends