“A hidden gem! Wonderful location, staff, accommodations.”
Review of Ocean Front Motel

Ocean Front Motel
Ranked #11 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A hidden gem! Wonderful location, staff, accommodations.”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

My dearest friend and i stayed here for a life celebration weekend and it could not have been better. The staff were amazingly welcoming, friendly and helpful. It seemed as if we were staying with old friends. The rooms were clean, neat and perfectly decorated with a nice ocean theme. The location doesn't get any better. Right on the beach at the beginning of the boardwalk. In speaking with John, the manager, it is obvious how much he cares about the guests and making sure their visit and stay in his motel is a pleasant one.

Once you find a place like this, you know you will return to the same place year after year.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 22 September 2013

My boyfriend and I booked at the Ocean Front Motel based on the fabulous location and rates. The room and common areas of the motel were very clean and the staff was very friendly. Our only concern was that our door (although it did fully lock) didn't completely seal shut into the door jam, allowing a few flies to fly in even while the door was shut. Other than that, our stay was very pleasant.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with my mom and my son for 3 nights over the Labor Day weekend. The motel is in a perfect location--right on the boardwalk at the start of all the action but not so close there is noise. Plus the beach is steps away. As a bonus, the wifi reaches down the beach to the water. The room was quite clean and in very good shape. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mjw484
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Had a great first experience in OC. Our hotel room was clean. The location couldn't be beat. In the quiet part of the boardwalk, but only steps away from the boardwalk and beach. The Manager was very friendly and extremely helpful. The views from the decks was great and created a relaxing atmosphere. The coffee offered in the office was an added extra. We will definitely be returning next year and will be bringing more family members along. Great time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sally H
new york
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Booked the motel based on the great reviews. Booked over the phone 3 night special rate for an ocean front room, non refundable When I arrived really late at night the manager John made me pay the whole amount upfront and did not even bother to tell me that he is downgrading me to a regular cheapest room for the same rate as the ocean front room! The room was really basic with a glue rat/mouse trap on the floor, that made me uneasy! The floor near my rooom was always wet and there was a toilet plunger out next to the room, shoch i thought of really charming! The front desk staff is really unfriendly, off the boat type that has no clue about customer service!
When confronted about the switched room, John did not adjust the price and told me I should be happy with what I got because its still a good room, and there is no difference between what I got and an ocean front room, so why does he charge more for it in the first place!? He was then trying to make nice with giving me one extra coupon that I could not use anyway.
The breakfast was a couple of doughnuts and bagles and gross coffee.
Spend a bit more, or go to Wildwood crest it is nice and has better efficiency roooms!

Room Tip: Just book a different motel!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank dianaz
Reviewed 2 September 2013

When I first arrived to the room I was immediately surprised by the condition of the room. It was clean, very, spacious, and comfortable. We had an ocean front window along, with a great flat screen TV with a built in DVD attachment and for those who bring their own entertainment there are HDMI ports as well as free wifi offered to all guest. The only bad thing is the crowded parking lot but there is free parking for all guest. My personal favorite were the showers that were outside to wash away sand from the beach. I would like to say I was truly happy with my stay and I will be returning as soon as I have time off.

• Stayed August 2013
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great location / on the boardwalk - on the beach / for the location of this motel the value was good. Like other reviews stated...this is just a basic motel ...no frills or extras but we found the accommodations comfortable & clean. The staff was very friendly & the General Manager John very helpful & available for our needs. We will be repeat customers.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family