“Outstanding Customer Service”

Ranked #10 of 32 Hotels in Ocean City
Narberth, Pennsylvania
“Outstanding Customer Service”
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stayed at the Forum Motor Inn this summer for the first time. The room was very clean and quiet, the beds were firm but comfortable, the location was great, and it was convenient having a good cafe on site. However, what was most incredible and outstanding was the service. They went above and beyond. We will be back next year.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Valentina S

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 1 September 2012

We've been staying at the Forum Motor Inn for at least the past 7 years. The staff is wonderful and the rooms are always clean. The pool area is a great place to relax and the boardwalk and beach are a short walk from the motel.

1 Thank Brodyphoto
Reviewed 21 August 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Close to beach, boardwalk and downtown OC. Instead of holding a cash deposit for beach tags they just charge your card if you don't return them...I love this idea because other hotels hold $25 per beach tag, I want my cash handy.

Pool area is nice with lots of seating and there are chairs outside of each room.

My only complaints/suggestions to management are leave the pool open later; OC pools all seem to close do early, some as early as 6 pm. 10 or 11 pm would be so much nicer.

Secondly, the room I had was very dark as in navy walls, carpet and dark bedspread. I understand the reason for having dark carpet but the wallpaper and bedspread could easily be a lighter, neutral or beach themed color.

Overall I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Explorer926
Pennsylvania
Reviewed 14 August 2012

This centrally located (one block from the boardwalk) motel has been a staple in Ocean City for decades. Despite its age, however, it's well maintained. Even though the dated architecture cannot be changed, the exterior looks good with management obviously making sure it stays refreshed. The same can be said of the room we occupied - the furnishings appeared relatively new with fresh draperies and paint and wallcoverings. Special kudos to housekeeping for keeping the room very clean with no dust bunnies or other obvious areas of neglect.

But in the same way one cannot expect lots of closet space in old homes, one cannot expect older motels to have all the space of newer ones. The bathroom/shower is extremely small. The microwave sits on the vanity and the small refrig. below it while your clothes hang right next to it. While in very good shape, the furnishings are fairly standard if not somewhat outdated by AAA standards - no armoire with TV as AAA prefers but instead it's mounted on the wall. Suppose these issues are reflective of limited space. Beds were comfy but you cannot run the A/C fan continuously so you are subject to the on-off cycling of the A/C air conditioner all night.

The Good, Bad & the Ugly:

1. Charging for ice (25 cents) is awful; free ice is standard nowadays;
2. Parking is limited and, to say the least, not ideal. You must leave your car keys at the front desk if you park behind someone else;
3. The overall decorating style of the motel is a personal choice but to me appears to be more circa 1970's;
4. Lot of stations on TV;
5. Pool is clean and in great shape - enjoyed by all;
6. Room service is typically not available at most motels but it is here - great idea;
7. Game room available but we didn't try it out;
8. Family friendly - kids everywhere;
9. No continental breakfast - restaurant on-site but did not use.

So . . . . maybe not a slice of heaven in this reviewer's mind but certainly clean, centrally located accommodations. Just don't expect the space and upgraded furniture, fixtures and decor you might see in a Hampton Inn or Hilton Garden Inn, for example. Overall rating is very good vs. average due to its cleanliness.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TFopinion
Hockessin, Delaware
Reviewed 29 July 2012

When I called (in July) they had availability for just one night during the weekend. I didn't have much luck with other hotels so we booked it and I hoped it would be a good place.
We had a great stay! The rooms and bathroom were clean. The staff was very helpful - we needed an extra blanket and towels and they responded immediately. They let us keep our car parked for the rest of the day even after we had checked out at noon. Infact, it was 12:30 by the time we checked out and they were fine with that.
My only complaint is that you can hear a lot of outside noise in the room. There were people talking in the neigboring balcony (not loudly, just a normal conversation) and I could hear everything. Since it was midnight and the kids were trying to sleep, it was a little annoying. Just around 7am, I woke up to the noise of buses and more talking. The motel is surrounded by streets (no special view here), so it gets noisy. But since it was just one night, it's something we could shrug off. I might look for a quieter place (at least at night) with the kids if we were to stay for a few days. The best part - location! Once we parked, we didn't need to drive till we left OC. For a one night stay, I would not hesitate to go back to The Forum.

Room Tip: Park in the overflow parking lot accross from the motel. Parking spaces are wider! The parking space...
1 Thank Faari
Skippank, PA
Reviewed 10 July 2012

This year when I called the Forum in early spring to make summer vacation reservations again, I didn't get five words out of my mouth before the woman who answered the phone recognized my voice and greeted me with another big hello and welcome to the Forum and asked me how the kids and wife were doing. The Forum is family! We've been visiting the Forum for many years now and wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. To our family, OCNJ & the Forum are slices of heaven.....comfortable, clean, friendly, easy, great location, etc., etc. We seem to vacation with the same families year after year....a true indication that we are not the only Forum fans!

Room Tip: Pool side rooms on any floor best.
1 Thank Stephen R
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We decided late to take a trip and found the Forum for an overnight. The reception and management were super friendly! They gave us beach tags even though we were only overnight. The rooms are real clean. New TV. Clean tub. Don't forget, it's the shore, not a lot of modern amenities but you get location. I recommend the Forum.

• Stayed July 2012